Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

No Amodiosplat but that program couldn't have really been any more empty. Honestly, if Morozov's choreography was better than what you are doing now, it's a pretty sad state of affairs.

No steps preceding 4salchow and it was cheated over 1/4 and two-footed so if the judges don't give -3, they have no clue what they are doing.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Music: In the Hall of a Mountain King performed by Epica

4S - solid, but no preceding steps
3F+3T - turn in-between
3A - fall
CCSp
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Some mistakes, and his program is too frontloaded/empty at the start

SP: 36.31+36.60-1.00 = 71.91 (SB), 4th out of 6

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Brezina landing the 4S and then falling in the axel (which is usually his best jump) :bang:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yan quite good technically (although flying camel was a bit of a mess) but another blank-faced performance with unextended movements. SS is gorgeous but he needs performance skills training.

ITA!

Good for Han for performing as well as he did with a fever, Matilda. But, IMHO, having good technical and skating skills does not automatically mean a skater's musicality and performance skills are also great. Han needs work in those areas. Because he's so good technically and with SS and ice coverage, Han looks good on the ice and he gets a lot of credit for that. I haven't seen any meaningful interpretive emoting from Han. Everyone is different and it takes time for many skaters to develop artistic and performance depth. No doubt Han is a force to be reckoned with. The amazing thing about Jason Brown is that even without a quad and even before he mastered his 3-axel, he's been a very compelling and masterful skater with good technique, consistency and bravura performance skills -- and an on-ice charisma that cannot be taught. Jason's also a very musical skater able to interpret every nuance of his music (that is difficult to teach too). Certainly, Han has the talent to possibly pull ahead of Jason in the fp if Han's illness doesn't affect his endurance.

Brezina - Frontloaded, pretty empty program. Brown is making everybody else look terrible in that regard. :p

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patrick CHAN (CAN)

Music: Elegie in E-Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninov

4T+3T - solid
3A - also clean
CCSp
3Lz
FSSp
StSq - very nice
CCoSp

Lovely clean skate! Should score high, at least 90+.

SP: 52.34+46.18 = 98.52 (WR), in 1st out of 7

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wow. Just wow. I'm no particular Chan fan but that was spellbinding. Best mens' SP this season, tremendously skated. I adore the music and choreo and I'm speechless.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His "coach" doesn't seem to have a clue what to say. She looks out of place. :laugh:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick deserved a huge score maybe not quite that big but he's the class of the field.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
If Patrick goes on like this Plushy will likely withdraw from the Olympics. He will know that he has no chance competing for gold.

seniorita

Record Breaker
All skaters should withdraw on that account? Cause i dont see anyone beating an 98 sp!
It looksI joined in the end of Patrick's sp!

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick CHAN (CAN)

Music: Elegie in E-Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninov

4T+3T - solid
3A - also clean
CCSp
3Lz
FSSp
StSq - very nice
CCoSp

Lovely clean skate! Should score high, at least 90+.

SP: 52.34+46.18 = 98.52 (WR), in 1st out of 7
:clap: