Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

who is the female commentator? I agree about spins. They are not being judged properly. There should be few positive goe's and lots of negative ones imo.

This! Judges really aren't using the whole range of GOE to reward quality/penalise the lack of it, as they should. There were a lot of messy and poorly executed spins in the SP tonight.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gracie definitely has more natural talent, but it's still raw and I dislike her programs this year. I have no idea what she and her team are thinking, because the programs she is skating are, like, building year programs. They're the programs she should be skating during a non-Olympic year to build her skills. They are not programs that play to and highlight her strengths. I don't really understand the choices, sigh.

Gracie has better jumps--when she lands them. In the other areas, she is not better than Ashley. I think Ashley is markedly better in every one of the component categories. I agree that Gracie's programs this year don't showcase what she is good at.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sotnikova placing third is pretty much Suzuki's only chance for GPF on her final year so I'm sort of hoping that Pogorilaya and Wagner are top 2.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sotnikova placing third is pretty much Suzuki's only chance for GPF on her final year so I'm sort of hoping that Pogorilaya and Wagner are top 2.

I love Suzuki but I am rooting for Adelina to get to the GPF.

astronaut

Rinkside
Loved Ashley's skate!!! Her landing position is just so confident.The commentators are so funny. Do Americans look distinctly American?

:laugh: Some of us do.

I haven't seen all the programmes but did see Ashley Wagner. She was smooth and looking so good. This event is her's to win. Samantha Cesario has a chance to medal with a strong freeskate.

Mike

tulosai

Record Breaker
She'll still have numerous chances, though~

Yeah, but Suzuki has had lots of chances in the past too- more than Adelina probably has in the future. Suzuki also didn't skate well enough to beat Radionova (who was beatable by her) last week. I am not rooting for a flawed, undeserving Adelina to get in over Suzuki, but I'd like it if she can skate to deserve it tomorrow.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Yeah, but Suzuki has had lots of chances in the past too- more than Adelina probably has in the future. Suzuki also didn't skate well enough to beat Radionova (who was beatable by her) last week. I am not rooting for a flawed, undeserving Adelina to get in over Suzuki, but I'd like it if she can skate to deserve it tomorrow.

Oh of course. I wouldn't mind her actually skating well. But I still would -not- be happy if she got to the GPF on the wings of her awful performance in Cup of China just for getting lucky with the competition.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie has better jumps--when she lands them. In the other areas, she is not better than Ashley. I think Ashley is markedly better in every one of the component categories. I agree that Gracie's programs this year don't showcase what she is good at.

Gracie also has better spins and speed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
just woke up, Sotnikova is such a headcase
overall, looks like a bad event for the ladies ?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Helgesson - I give up... Lovely smooth basic skating but sloppy elements and a tense performance. :(

She's had severe health problems this season starting at her summer training. I guess that's why she looks tense. Take's time to get your breath back. I like her skating, but sadly I doubt she will ever improve on her jumps content.

Love Ashley :rock: and also Adelina :yay:

Well, Ashley DID fix her spin levels. All level 4. Also level 4 step sequence.

Their quality of execution though... Those GOEs are crazy. Nice to see one judge out of 9 noticed that the layback was off-centred throughout. :p

So many messy spins tonight, open your eyes judges!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
It is because they are both powerful and athletic, with problems in the areas of posture and artistry. I do think Mae has better edging and has potential to grow further than Surya did though.

Surya looked like she was skating on double runners between jumps compared to Mae. Sure, both are powerful and athletic but so are a lot of skaters. Bonaly's poor basics just doesn't put her in the same league imo. Mae's posture and artistry could use improvement but it's no where near as bad as Bonaly's stiff-legged attempts of yore - not to mention the muscled jumps with virtually no flow out.

I agree.

I love Suzuki but I am rooting for Adelina to get to the GPF.

Same here!! :biggrin:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Ashley was very good but I do agree she had more spark at SA. At SA in the SP she definitely rotated the 3F-3T but I thought it looked < in the FS...

Here it was definitely < and she got the call on it. Everything else was good though and it looked to me like she may have gotten level 4s on all of the spins except maybe the combo...I'm not sure though. Everything looked good and I love the footwork section. I do think this is her best SP in a long time. As long as she's solid in the FS that gold medal is hers.

Anna looked a little more confident out there. I guess winning has that effect on people. :) She blanked out on the 2A but overall she was good.

Adelina...yeah. Great spins, nice program, yay for the 3F but the rest of the jumps were not there. Shame about that 2A. I love her entrance into it and that would have easily been a +1 or +2 had she landed it. She and Anna are virtually tied. I wonder if that's going to screw with her mentally?

I thought Christina was very lovely but the judges still aren't buying what she's selling for some reason. I'd have had her right in the mix with Anna and Adelina, like a 59.75 or something...

Samantha really went for it. That 3L-3L was impressive and I thought she got it all the way around but I don't think she did. I can't wait to see her FS...it's one of my favorites this year.

Ashley should be able to coast to gold as long as she skates decently. If she flubs, Anna could sneak in and steal gold away. I'd like to think Adelina will do enough to stay on the podium but I'm not going to hold my breath this time. At COC she had a great SP to fall back on...she was pretty mediocre here today so if she tanks she could slide off the podium, in which case I hope Christina delivers and gets a medal.