Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You know, continually proclaiming Ashley to be "old and worn out" isn't going to change the fact that Gracie has never beat Ashley in a competition. You do realize that, right? :sarcasm:

That may change in the future but as of now, you have NOTHING to corroborate all of your claims about how inferior Ashley is to Gracie.

Is Gracie talented? Yes. Is she more talented than Ashley? Possibly. Point of the matter is talent counts for nothing if you can't deliver it when you need to...and so far, Gracie has not delivered convincingly enough to be seen as superior to hardly anyone.

FYI, just b/c you prefer one skater over another doesn't mean you have to trash everyone else.:disagree:

it was the poster that I replied to that said Gracie was inferior of Wagner, which is not true
look at Gracie's spins, jumps and speed, clearly you can see she is ahead of this compared to Wagner ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You know, continually proclaiming Ashley to be "old and worn out" isn't going to change the fact that Gracie has never beat Ashley in a competition. You do realize that, right? :sarcasm:

That may change in the future but as of now, you have NOTHING to corroborate all of your claims about how inferior Ashley is to Gracie.

Is Gracie talented? Yes. Is she more talented than Ashley? Possibly. Point of the matter is talent counts for nothing if you can't deliver it when you need to...and so far, Gracie has not delivered convincingly enough to be seen as superior to hardly anyone.

FYI, just b/c you prefer one skater over another doesn't mean you have to trash everyone else.:disagree:

This. In sky_fly's fanaticism for Gracie and rudeness for Ashley, she forgets that Gracie still has yet to beat the so-called "old and worn out" Wagner. :rolleye:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Whatever advantages Gracie might have over Ashley, she needs to put them out on the ice first. If Ashley enjoys one particular, and maybe decisive, advantage over Gracie it is obviously better nerves.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Well Adelina was overscored.. 60 points for that mess of a 3-3 and a botched, singled axel? :unsure:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow sotnikova is definitely not going to medal here and pogorilaya can win agian!!

yep, seeing how she is virtually almost tied with Pogorilaya will definitely freak out her soft nerves
she will drop to 4th or 5th in the final standings, Gao will likely get a medal here

Sotnikova has weak technical jumps and mental issues

uncchristine99

Rinkside
Watched Ashley's short program on YT... I thought she was great. Her costume and ponytail really really remind me of Tonya Harding. The 3/3 was downgraded, right? Otherwise, she looked pretty solid. I think her spins could be faster and tighter and I didn't like most of her positions but it seemed to go with the music and the mood she was trying to create. I don't like the Pink Floyd music on ice at all but she sells it so well... I find myself forgiving the music anyway. The whole program feels like a sexy, slow burn... it has a cool, underlying tension that's peppered with suggestive poses and stares and hair flicks. Tee hee... it's just good stuff. She cuts a mature figure on the ice and she has presence if nothing else. Good job!

tulosai

Record Breaker
yep, seeing how she is virtually almost tied with Pogorilaya will definitely freak out her soft nerves
she will drop to 4th or 5th in the final standings, Gao will likely get a medal here

Sotnikova has weak technical jumps and mental issues

Or she might be like oh well w/e I'm already in third and the pressure could come off of her. Hard to say. She often does lead after the short.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Whatever advantages Gracie might have over Ashley, she needs to put them out on the ice first. If Ashley enjoys one particular, and maybe decisive, advantage over Gracie it is obviously better nerves.

THIS.

Admittedly back when Gold was coming up, I didn't think Wagner had what it took to be an international medal contender. But if there is one thing Wagner has at least some of that the other US girls sorely lack...it is MENTAL TOUGHNESS. You see what happens when we send the Czisnys and the Nagasus to Worlds. Can't believe Wagner was first US girl to finish top 5 at worlds consecutive times in SIX years! And she still has no medal...the drought continues.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley wasn't doing that great either at Gracie's age so lets see where Gold is in another couple years. Remember most people thought Wagner was done back in late 2011.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
THIS.

Admittedly back when Gold was coming up, I didn't think Wagner had what it took to be an international medal contender. But if there is one thing Wagner has at least some of that the other US girls sorely lack...it is MENTAL TOUGHNESS. You see what happens when we send the Czisnys and the Nagasus to Worlds. Can't believe Wagner was first US girl to finish top 5 at worlds consecutive times in SIX years! And she still has no medal...the drought continues.

Still, though, Red Dog, I am pretty sure you were an Ashley defender from way back -- I don't mean mindlessly fan-gushing, but seems like I remember you pointing out her potential even back in her Tango Jalousie days, didn't you?

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Samantha CESARIO (USA) Short Program
2. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) Short Program
4. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) Short Program

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) Short Program
6. Christina GAO (USA) Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) Short Program
8. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Ashley WAGNER (USA) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Or she might be like oh well w/e I'm already in third and the pressure could come off of her. Hard to say. She often does lead after the short.

Pressure will come off her when she knows that she needs second place for GPF? Doubt it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

it will actually rattle more Sotnikova's nerves , because now she doesn't have the SP placement cushion
and she needs to finish in 2nd to go to the GPF, and she is currently 3rd in the SP !

gmyers

Record Breaker

With sotnikova no matter where she is in the standings in the sp she makes the same mistakes in her lp's because of it's design. She was 8th at worlds and did the same mistakes in the lp she always does.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Still, though, Red Dog, I am pretty sure you were an Ashley defender from way back -- I don't mean mindlessly fan-gushing, but seems like I remember you pointing out her potential even back in her Tango Jalousie days, didn't you?

It's RD. Not supposed to stand for anything. ;)

If this is what you mean, I was one of the (vocal) few that DIDN'T count her out after her underwhelming 2011 Nationals appearance when she placed 6th. I was telling folks that she is not necessarily out of it yet and she could still re-emerge. That said, she exceeded my expectations of her by moving up so quickly and finishing 4th at worlds the next year.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched Anna Pogo. Wow! Except for the waxel, that was a great skate. Her costume and those gloves are super-tacky, though. But her skating reminds me of (shall I say it?) Yu Na Kim.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hmm I see. It's without commentary though, and I generally prefer the English commentary of streams but I guess that's HD quality. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

The British feed today showed all the ladie's skates. :)

Wow sotnikova is definitely not going to medal here and pogorilaya can win agian!!

Never say never. Sotnikova showed nerves in the SP with the waxel but then so did Pogorilaya. Anna tends to be the stronger of the two in the LP but who knows? Both are virtually tied. Adelina also outscored Anna in PCS. Let's wait til the Ladie's LP!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I really love Anna's program, except for the 2A. Her skating is so smooth and her jumps are far superior than other junior Russian ladies. And the most important thing is, she is still improving.
Can someone tell me that 2A is a difficult element for her? I feel long legged ladies tend to have this issue.