Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

tulosai

Record Breaker
In terms of what she can reasonably do, VERY strong effort from Lacoste. The program itself does nothing for me, I really wonder why she insists on that music and choreo, but very very well done.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I liked that TES box. :) Lacoste's spins didn't get much point as others.

I still am not very good at determining what exactly it is about spins that gives more points and levels but her spins indeed looked a bit weaker than Anna's at least.

Lacoste not bombing! <3

Lovely edges, quite tense throughout though, not projecting well. 3flip seemed a little cheated and a slight break after steps.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Need to keep in mind that Lacoste's problem really hasn't been SP...

She just cannot skate a good FS.

Rami

Rinkside
This was the first time I saw Cesario skate this season. Not my favorite program for her. The beginning was super awkward and not in a good way and this music really needs lyrics. I did like the step sequence though.

Pogorilaya is very promising. Her skating still needs more polishing but she has time. I liked her program more than Cesario's.

Popova is usually better live than on tv but I'd like to see her getting choreo outside of the Petrenko camp. It could make wonders for her.

Lacoste is lovely skater but after seeing the wonderful energy Osmond and some other younger Canadian skaters have, Lacoste's skating just doesn't have the same impact.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Glad to see Lacoste did fairly well! She really fought for her 3F and 2A. The commentator said she did her 3-3 but it was obvious from the landing of the 3L that she couldn't put a 3L on the end of that.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Pretty strong first warm-up, to be honest. 55 for the supposed eight-place finisher is extremely good. This also makes it feel like the scores could be slightly inflated, which could explain Pogorilaya scoring over 60 despite missing an entire element.

Sackie

Medalist
How did Cesario get ahead of Lacoste on PCS marks!? Is is obvious the judges do not like Lacoste when she is marked down like this. And obvious others get a PCS boost by Rep!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Now let's see Sotnikova go into the first place with a gigantic lead, predict that she'll place third overall, and be correct.

How did Cesario get ahead of Lacoste on PCS marks!? Is is obvious the judges do not like Lacoste when she is marked down like this. And obvious others get a PCS boost by Rep!

Sadly, it includes the music and the choreography. And personally I'd reduce her PCS by like 2 points just for those. The program is terrible.

Rami

Rinkside

I think Cesario deserves higher marks for some of the PCS'.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I just want to see Sotnikova get credited with her 3Flutz-3Loop. It has to happen once before Sochi, doesn't it?

How did Cesario get ahead of Lacoste on PCS marks!?

By showing more expression and having better choreography.

Is is obvious the judges do not like Lacoste when she is marked down like this. And obvious others get a PCS boost by Rep!

And what rep would that be, given Cesario's lack of track record in seniors and limited junior success?

elif

Medalist
I still am not very good at determining what exactly it is about spins that gives more points and levels but her spins indeed looked a bit weaker than Anna's at least.

I don't know about levels too.:) I'm just watching TES thing on screen. Anna's each spin worth almost 4 point. So a good spin should get this I think.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Now let's see Sotnikova go into the first place with a gigantic lead, predict that she'll place third overall, and be correct.

I actually have this sudden, strong feeling Adelina is going to win this whole event.

Of course, I'm often wrong, but I'm totally serious.