16th Merano Cup 2013 | Golden Skate

16th Merano Cup 2013

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
No thread yet as far as I can see, but I see there will be live streaming.

FRIDAY, november, 15th:
09.00 – 12.20 – Junior Ladies Short Program
12.30 – 13.50 – Junior Men Short Program
13.50 – 16.00 – Senior Ladies Short Program
16.10 – 16.30 – Junior Pairs Short Program
16.40 – 17.30 – Senior Pairs Short Program

SATURDAY, november, 16th:
09.00 – 10.20 – Junior Men Free Program
10.20 – 10.45 – Junior Pairs Free Program
10.50 – 14.20 – Junior Ladies Free Program
14.20 – 17.00 – Senior Men Short Program

SUNDAY, november, 17th:
09.00 – 12.30 – Senior Ladies Free Program
12.30 – 15.10 – Senior Men Free Program
15.10 – 16.10 – Senior Pairs Free Program

Biggest names are Elizabet Turzynbayeva (junior), Joshi Helgesson, Anais Ventard, Sarah Hecken, Nathalie Weinzierl, Denis Ten, Daisuke Murakami, Jorik Hendrickx, Paolo Bacchini, Wende/Wende, Vartmann/Van Cleave, Berton/Hotarek. Though, the entry list is probably not too updated as Annabelle Prölss is also on the list, but she's busy competing in pairs at TEB

Lots of < calls in Senior Ladies SP.

Weinzierl confirming her status as clear front-runner for the German Olympic spot.

Poor skate for Joshi Helgesson. I guess she still hasn't fully recovered. :(

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sad for Joshi. I've been waiting for her breakthrough for some time, she's so talented. But with repeting injuries, that's tough :( Wondering also about talented Sarah Hecken. Suppose she had problems that I don't know about. Will Germany send skaters to Sochi whatever? I remember Germany being strict, like skaters should be among the tenth best or....

Hecken was never consistent. German Olympic Committee is going to impose high TES minimums, IIRC.

Senior Men SP

Denis Ten won Senior Men SP but not at his top shape still: 4toe<, 3axel, 3flip/2toe

Tomi Pulkkinen landed his first 3axel in competition, I think! :)

Not a lot of point difference between Bacchini, Righini and Zandron. The battle for the Olympic spot will be a bloodbath.

Senior Ladies FS

Nathalie Weinzierl won comfortably. I guess she has the Olympic spot in the bag now, provided she makes the TES minimums. Simancikova still in terrible shape. :(

Joshi Helgesson withdrew after the SP. I hope that she didn't re-injure herself. :/

Senior Men FS

Ten didn't skate to badly but again not in top shape yet. Murakami won the FS.

Bacchini was 3rd, Zandron 4th and Righini 5th. Who would have thought? ;)

Carmen95

Rinkside
German Ladies still did not reach the minimum of points necessary to get the Olympic spot but a good recovery for Sarah Hecken... but Wende/Wende with 162.91 points have reached the minimum, I guess... I read it was 155, so they reached it while Vartmann/van Cleave will need to stay home with 10 points behind... I am happy about that, I prefer Wende/Wende :)

German Ladies still did not reach the minimum of points necessary to get the Olympic spot but a good recovery for Sarah Hecken... but Wende/Wende with 162.91 points have reached the minimum, I guess... I read it was 155, so they reached it while Vartmann/van Cleave will need to stay home with 10 points behind... I am happy about that, I prefer Wende/Wende :)

Do you know what the minimum points requirement for Ladies and Men is?

vexlak

Rinkside

I would respectfully disagree.
Both have earned enough points to compete at the Olympics and the worlds. Please keep in mind that the points could have been earned "during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments".

See here:
http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2013/index.htm

I was asking about what the minimum points required by the German Olympic Committee is. They always set very strict criteria for German skaters. In the past, they required top 8 finish at Euros directly preceding Olympics but this time round they have set (high) minimum total score values.

I would respectfully disagree.
Both have earned enough points to compete at the Olympics and the worlds. Please keep in mind that the points could have been earned "during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments".

See here:
http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2013/index.htm

Again, Carmen95 was referring to the minimum points required by the German Olympic Committee.