Say Something Nice Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Say Something Nice Thread

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Your mission is simple, if you choose to accept it:

1) say something positive about a skater or skaters you usually dislike and speak negatively about on the boards
2) Keep comments genuinely positive- not passive aggressive

Neat thread!

Denney/Coughlin are a well matched team who attack their programs and elements. Their LP choreography this season really matches their music selection to Tosca very well.

Gracie Gold is pretty, has a cute smile, and an adorable accent. She makes me smile every time I hear her talk. I respect her ambition. :)

Miki Ando's comeback at Nebelhorn Trophy this season was really gutsy and I thought she did a very admirable job so shortly after her pregnancy.

I really do want Mirai Nagasu to regroup, refocus, and put all of the pieces of the puzzle back together again. I've always liked her personality and spinning ability.

I felt deep, sincere empathy for Caroline Zhang at Skate America this season and I really want her to leave the sport with much better performances and spirits than that.

Ross Miner is a cute guy with a cute smile who I hope is able to rediscover his consistency.

I always respected Evan Lysacek's long body lines and the way he attacked his programs when he was competing. He was consistent during his time at the top and was mentally tough.

RABID

Final Flight
I like how no skater no matter how good or acclaimed could ever take Rachael Flatt lightly. Regardless of any god given talent, she has/had the heart of a champion.

Rami

Rinkside
Oda has an adorable, spunky personality and seems like a great guy. He has wonderful determination and energy and great knee bend.

The programs Oda has this year really fit to his personality and thus are very enjoyable.

I think Kaetlyn Osmond has a great personality coupled with big star power. She also has great programs with good music and choreo.

Akiko Suzuki's perseverance is impressive and her skating wonderful.

I like the way how Daisuke Takahashi comes across as a person.

RABID

Final Flight
Good thread idea and a great way to stretch the mind and gain an eensy bit of perspective. Thanks, tulosai.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/T deliver astonishing clean elements, and they do it consistently.

The Shibs seem like genuinely nice people, and by all accounts they work very hard. Their improvement so far this year is amazing. I'm interested in seeing how they can reinvent (or redirect the focus of) ice dance over the next four years while dealing with the limitations that come with being a team of siblings.

Hanyu is an obvious talent, and I hope I will begin to appreciate his skating as he matures, as I did with Plushenko.

Amei

Record Breaker
Sasha Cohen is the inspiration for some of the Russian babies, that makes her a legend

Agree, Sasha opened the doors on some of the flexibility stuff. Her mark on the sport right now is better than any medal she won or tried to win.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I want to congratulate all of the ladies that are favorites to medal for dealing with the pressure. Their commitment to what they love is incredible and I think they should all be appreciated and thanked across the board.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
here goes, to avoid anything with double meaning I will say mostly physical attributes

1 Adelina Sontikova has striking eyebrows and has nice lines
2 Patrick Chan has very nice dimples
3 Ashley Wagner looked pretty when she was brunette
4 D/R can be movie actors in a comedy show,reality hows
5 Osmond has gorgeous hair
6 Tuktamisheva has a smile that can light a room
7 Tessa Virtue looks like a music artist: Katy Perry anyone
8 Vrtue/Moir have their best SD this season for a while
9 Suzuki has very fit body for a lady in her late 20's
10 Gordeeva/Grinkov really fitted on the disney on ice shows
11 Totmianina/Marinin look better in K&C not saying a word
12 Hamilton looked nice when he had hair
13 Yagudin in his peak years had one of the best 3A
14 Shen/Zhao are of the most real couples on and off the ice
15 Savchenko/Szolokowy are good in skating to funny programs
16 Jamie Sale is perfect for evil, and mean movie roles
17 David Pelletier would be a good stuntman

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Caroline Zhang has beautiful posture on the ice. I wish her luck that she qualifies for her Nationals at Sectionals.

Florencito

Medalist
Virtue/Moir have great SS
Davis/White project a nice charisma on ice
Lipnitskaia has lovely eyes
Kostner seems a very nice lady
Plushenko's 3A-1Lo-3F is my favourite combination ever!
Aaron's new haircut looks good on him
Volosozhar/Trankov's sp is kinda likeable
Brezina's Japanese Kodo Drums was my favourite sp of both seasons he used it in

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan has amazing quads, beautiful to watch when he hits them.
V/T's side by side jumps are amazing
Gracie Gold is stunning
Lipnitskaya's LP this season is very good and her outfit is very well chosen
Bobrova/Soloviev's SD in 2010-2011 season (the second one) was one of my favorites
W/P's FD last season was also one of my favorite FD in recent years

MasterB

Final Flight
Not a fan of the following skaters

Rippon - great lines

Miner - discipline

Irina - Great Triple Flip

Yuna- Great speed into Triple FLip/Toe

Surya - Toned like a goddess

Candeloro - personality

Agnes - Nice jumps

Van De Perren - spotting