Who are under rated underscored? | Golden Skate

Who are under rated underscored?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
IYHO, who fits this category this year or this quad? All four disciplines. Who are we missing because they are buried further down the list? Thanks. I have limited time and like you want to know id I'm missing quality skaters due to some unforgiveable cop flaw or judging.

Years ago I felt that way about various ladies and men in US. Examples were Jenny , Kirk, Amber Corwin, Tonia Kwiatkowski. Men, Matt Savoi in a big way, Dan Hollander way back. Who are the unsung heroes right now? TY.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Nan Song was a bit underscored at this last event (TEB) although I didn't see him at other events. Someone mentioned that his PCs were barely higher than Majorov's which I see as ridiculous. In the ladies Samantha Cesario may be a bit underscored although people say she is slow when you see her live. I can't think of any terribly underscored pairs at the moment. For dance P/B may have been underscored in the SD at C of C. It's hard to say. Scores were generally low at that event.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Oh yeah and Coomes and Buckland aren't placing as well as in previous seasons but I would say they haven't been skating quite as well.

icellist

On the Ice
Amelie Lacoste and Haruka Imai are terribly underscored in the PCS department. Good basics and details in choreography.

mary01

Final Flight
Christina Gao and Haruka Imai, I am always baffled by how low their presentation score is, despite their beautiful skating

Sometimes I wonder whether more international success and medals, would get them more attention and recognizen. But it just seems like they aren't as well liked by the judges for some reason, because I have often seen them produce good solid performances but their pcs just always remains the same despite that. Lack of opportunity is definitely not an excuse for the judges to lowbell them.

noskates

Record Breaker
After watching Christina Gao at Eric Bompard - I no longer think she's underscored. I just think she's a good skater but not a great skater and she's not a competitor when it counts. I think her posture and her delivery is lacking.

Samantha on the other hand is just young and not fully evolved yet. She and Gracie Gold will experience a wonderful competitive future.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
After watching Christina Gao at Eric Bompard - I no longer think she's underscored. I just think she's a good skater but not a great skater and she's not a competitor when it counts. I think her posture and her delivery is lacking.

Samantha on the other hand is just young and not fully evolved yet. She and Gracie Gold will experience a wonderful competitive future.

I hope so, San is so delicate, like Kristi, Katia, Mao. Sge's lovely, great performances,

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Christina Gao & Samantha Caesario

Matt Savoie, many American ice dance teams pre-Tanith/Ben - internationally (Punsalan & Swallow, Roca & Sur, Lang & Tchernyshev, Gregory/Petukhov)

icellist

On the Ice
I would say Amelie Lacoste, Samantha Cesario and Elena Glebova

How could i forget Glebova? lol

Also, Soyoung Park of Korea. She has more PCS qualities than Haejin but without the jump difficulties

For awhile I thought Morgan/Cipres were underscored. Same with Evora/Ladwig before retiring

Jeremy Ten and Shawn Sawyer were underappreciated. Great performers and SS from J10. Viktor Pfeiffer!!!

For ice dance, Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmidtt and O'Brien/Merriman

mskater93

Record Breaker
Cesario doesn't have the power/SS, which if the balance of the PCS marks follows along to SS (assuming judges mark that first) explains where her corridor starts.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Sam (1993) is in fact older than Gao (1994). The thing is Gao has not improved that much within the last few years, and we don't know how far Sam can go, being 20 already and her first year out at the senior level.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Sam has been on the senior level for @ least 3 seasons (We've seen her compete @ the Liberty Summer Competition for @ least that long). Sadly, she has been injured @ least twice leading up to US Nationals. I'm so glad she got some GP assignments this season ( & international exposure). May she stay healthy & get to compete @ Nationals again.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Sam has been on the senior level for @ least 3 seasons (We've seen her compete @ the Liberty Summer Competition for @ least that long). Sadly, she has been injured @ least twice leading up to US Nationals. I'm so glad she got some GP assignments this season ( & international exposure). May she stay healthy & get to compete @ Nationals again.

Internationally Cesario was a Junior until this season. She aged out.