Have outfits simply gone over the top? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Have outfits simply gone over the top?

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside
It isn't, the dress is still pretty see-through and it doesn't leave anything to the imagination.:disapp:
Evan's costumes are ridiculous. I was embarrassed for him at the Olympics. No self-respecting straight guy would be caught dead in that get up! Keegan Messing is another one. His Incredible Hulk costume from 2011 Nationals didn't fit him. It looked like it was thrown together. Another costume flaw was the men's Champion that year. You could basically see his manhood in that Bugle Boy outfit...

LRK

Record Breaker
It isn't, the dress is still pretty see-through and it doesn't leave anything to the imagination.:disapp:

Actually, it seems the interview was given AFTER Paris:

"Before leaving to Japan for the GPF Sotnikova was interviewed for sport-express.ru"

And:

"EV: You once said you dont' care much about the costumes. Yet your costumes this year, especially the LP sprang a lot of debates. What do you think about it?
AS: I really don't care much what do I wear. When I was told the LP dress looks on the TV as if I were naked I decided to change it. It was darkened, so now I feel comfortable with it."

(From TAHbKA's translation on FSU.)

I suppose we will see on - Saturday, I believe the Ladies Free is? - if there is any noticeable difference.

desertskates

Medalist
I'll keep my commentary to this year's ladies. First off, Adelina Sotnikova's bare bum look almost startled me when I first saw it. Carolina's in another head scratcher. I love the music, but the costume is confusing on so many levels. Radianova is a cute kid, but her long program dress is a horror. And while I like Ashley's dress, I think something much like Angela Nikodinov's sleeping beauty costume from years ago (pic in the link) in a nice navy blue color would be my dream costume for this program. Eh, they may all change it up yet...
http://figureskatingcostumes.tumblr...gela-nikodinov-skating-to-sleeping-beauty-for

ordinary person

On the Ice
Carolina's new LP dress is just way too short, and of bad cut. It is very distracting and you can see her underwear almost all the time. She really needs to make the front longer and move the slits back a bit.

I think i have mentioned this a hundred times but, you always see underwear granted it's part of the dress so there's really no need to complain about.
Now what she needs to do is get rid of the ugly promiscuous tights and wear her costume like the skaters in my videos, that way it doesn't matter how short her dress is, nor would you see her underwear almost all the time considering the tacky style of her costumes.

ordinary person

On the Ice
Actually, it seems the interview was given AFTER Paris:

"Before leaving to Japan for the GPF Sotnikova was interviewed for sport-express.ru"

And:

"EV: You once said you dont' care much about the costumes. Yet your costumes this year, especially the LP sprang a lot of debates. What do you think about it?
AS: I really don't care much what do I wear. When I was told the LP dress looks on the TV as if I were naked I decided to change it. It was darkened, so now I feel comfortable with it."

(From TAHbKA's translation on FSU.)

I suppose we will see on - Saturday, I believe the Ladies Free is? - if there is any noticeable difference.

What a big fat liar Adelina is, seriously, she knew exactly what the dress looked like.

Icey

Record Breaker
Evan's costumes are ridiculous. I was embarrassed for him at the Olympics. No self-respecting straight guy would be caught dead in that get up! Keegan Messing is another one. His Incredible Hulk costume from 2011 Nationals didn't fit him. It looked like it was thrown together. Another costume flaw was the men's Champion that year. You could basically see his manhood in that Bugle Boy outfit...

He had to hide his bugle somewhere.;) Props aren't allowed.

Amei

Record Breaker
As for the gloves, I don't like them either, but I think they are more noticeable on some skaters than others, such as on Elene Gedevanishvili they are very distracting.

I've started thinking that the gloves on the Russian ladies might be a result of a lot of their spins/spirals involve them grabbing their blades and their coaches put them in gloves to protect their hands. I think the SP in last 2 grand prix events was the first time I remember seeing Lipnitskaia skate without gloves.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I've started thinking that the gloves on the Russian ladies might be a result of a lot of their spins/spirals involve them grabbing their blades and their coaches put them in gloves to protect their hands. I think the SP in last 2 grand prix events was the first time I remember seeing Lipnitskaia skate without gloves.

Great minds ;): your point was discussed on Twitter a few days ago:

@nickverreos1
ICE STYLE:Trend Alert!! Skating Costumes with GLOVES! @goldenskate @SarahandDrew @kwanette @FromTheBoards @icenetwork http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2013/12/ice-stylegrand-prix-2013-figure-skating.html
11:32 AM - 4 Dec 13
https://twitter.com/nickverreos1/status/408317819680333824

@SarahandDrew
@nickverreos1 It's because of all the blade-grabbing required under IJS. They cut their hands if they don't wear gloves. #sport
11:33 AM - 4 Dec 13
https://twitter.com/SarahandDrew/status/408318138212573184

volk

Final Flight
Adelina's costume for her LP this year is inappropriate. I can literally see her butt crack, and believe me, I am not trying to. It is literally not avoidable.

I see no such thing. You must have a rich imagination unless you can post a picture to prove it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It isn't so much what you actually see, but what you think you see. And that is a nono. Adelina's costume should have gotten a deduction for giving the impression of excessive nudity. JMO.

Radionova's costume looked like a Las Vegas showgirl outfit, so inappropriate for a young girl and especially one as cute and appealing as she is. The outfit overwhelmed her, making her a costume wearing a girl. The overdone collar made her look as if she had no neck (she does have a rather short neck and should avoid elaborate necklines).

Amei

Record Breaker
Radionova's costume looked like a Las Vegas showgirl outfit, so inappropriate for a young girl and especially one as cute and appealing as she is. The outfit overwhelmed her, making her a costume wearing a girl. The overdone collar made her look as if she had no neck (she does have a rather short neck and should avoid elaborate necklines).

I think part of the problem is that she is currently all legs and arms.

bebevia

On the Ice
I was digging videos of past, and noticed Mao's latest FS dress was on her fluff of 2009 TEB (the Vancouver Olympics season). Anyone wanna remind me which comp she recycled this from?

If this was unworn and unstaged one turned down back then, then Mao could be getting a new FS dress for the Sochi and wearing this only temporarily... if lucky.

ordinary person

On the Ice
Those are all absolutely, unequivocally, hideous.

Looks like outfits you would dress your grade-school daughter up for a talent show, and even then they are still tacky.

It must be so bothersome for you not being able to look up their skirt right?
Well get used to it because it will happen more often.

Once again your comment made absolutely no sense, hence my other post from before.
Furthermore it was only an example of black leggings/tights with figure skating costumes, it would look even better with different colors which would bring so many more details to the costumes other than the hussy trashy clubbing look you prefer so much.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Regarding Mao, I often find her skating hard to watch because of her costumes. Not due to indecency but they're usually so distracting. Hope she does get a nice new LP dress for the Olympics. Not a fan of her new SP dress either. The old one was actually good.

Franklin99

Medalist
Regarding Mao, I often find her skating hard to watch because of her costumes. Not due to indecency but they're usually so distracting. Hope she does get a nice new LP dress for the Olympics. Not a fan of her new SP dress either. The old one was actually good.

I want to burn her new SP outfit. The bust part is ugly. Most of Mao's bust area of her outfits are hideous. Why can't her designers leave well enough alone. Same thing with her Swan Lake LP dress from last season. They create a good outfit, and then turned around and made a horrible replacement. :confused:

I can't believe I put Mao and hideous in the same sentence. :disapp: