Johnny Weir Guest Stars On 'Dora The Explorer' | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Guest Stars On 'Dora The Explorer'

sk8ing mom

Rinkside
My kids just watched the Dora the Explorer Skating Spectacular (even though they are a bit past the target demographic) in the hope they would see Johnny Weir, and I watched part of it. We were all very disappointed - Johnny did not make it into the actual special! (On the plus side - Dora landed her last winning jump backwards with a proper landing position.)

If I were a judge, I'd award the medal to Peppermint Patty.

Nigel

On the Ice
Weir is taking new steps in other directions as well, as he has announced a new management team as of beginning of December:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/2013/12/johnny-weir-names-new-management-team/

"I would like to announce a wonderful change in my career. I am pleased to announce that I am now working with Laina Cohn of Cohn/Torgan Management as my official manager and management team. I am also happy to announce that I will be working with Monica Barkett of Global Artists Agency."

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Weir is taking new steps in other directions as well, as he has announced a new management team as of beginning of December:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/2013/12/johnny-weir-names-new-management-team/

"I would like to announce a wonderful change in my career. I am pleased to announce that I am now working with Laina Cohn of Cohn/Torgan Management as my official manager and management team. I am also happy to announce that I will be working with Monica Barkett of Global Artists Agency."

Yeah, saw this yesterday. What do you all make of it? Pretty big deal to leave Tara Modlin, who has been not only his manager but a very close friend. and why make the switch now?

brightphoton

Medalist
Did Tara run a figure skating show saying that donations would be given to a charity, but instead kept the money for herself?

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Also, didn't Tara manage to alienate Yuna Kim, so that Johnny wasn't invited to Yuna's productions?