Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

mateusp1

On the Ice
Just watched Agnes' program...

If there is someone in this competition that can be considered the most underscored... I would say Agnes is the person.

She was very underscored. I am talking about TES.

3T+3T got +1,0. That combo deserved +2. There was a judge that gave 0.

3Lz...Ok, not clean, not perfect, but a lot of judges gave -2. -1 would be okay. -1 from all judges would mean -0,7 overrall, not -1,0 as she got.

Spins... I kinda agree with the scores. But, I thought her slightly underscored. I would have given slightly higher scores. Agnes has pretty good spins.

2Axel... 0 of execution for that? Ok, it was not great. But, +1 would be the proper goe for that axel.

And the steps... I thought that step sequence very undermarked. It was the second best today, behind Carolina's. She got level 3 and +0,29 of GOE. I thought the GOE very low.

Overrall, I have to say that I think the judges were very very stingy with Agnes.

Moment

Final Flight
2foot landing is a big error and the guidelines say -3GOE is recommended. The jump was big, so -3 +1 = -2 is appropriate. The step sequence was slow and laboured.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm so happy for Mirai :yay: Great SP today!
And, I have see some smile and charm personnality for the first time since 2011 :)
Hope that she shows us her great personnality and her sparkle in her FS tomorrow!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Just watched Agnes' program...

If there is someone in this competition that can be considered the most underscored... I would say Agnes is the person.

She was very underscored. I am talking about TES.

3T+3T got +1,0. That combo deserved +2. There was a judge that gave 0.

3Lz...Ok, not clean, not perfect, but a lot of judges gave -2. -1 would be okay. -1 from all judges would mean -0,7 overrall, not -1,0 as she got.

Spins... I kinda agree with the scores. But, I thought her slightly underscored. I would have given slightly higher scores. Agnes has pretty good spins.

2Axel... 0 of execution for that? Ok, it was not great. But, +1 would be the proper goe for that axel.

And the steps... I thought that step sequence very undermarked. It was the second best today, behind Carolina's. She got level 3 and +0,29 of GOE. I thought the GOE very low.

Overrall, I have to say that I think the judges were very very stingy with Agnes.

I think the camera angle doesnt show her axel well enough to see if it had perhaps a scratchy landing.

I agree that the 3-3 should have got more, considering it only got +1's and so did Carolina from some judges. As much as i love Caro, Agnes had a brilliant 3-3 that at US nationals would have received all +3's

elif

Medalist
Looks like Carolina had to do 3F+3T. Maybe she can do her 3Lo at the second half of the program.

Mirai with 3T+3T. :eek: Very good for her after the NHK:)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This is eff up!
Julia is getting huge GOE on her "jumps"
Julia is getting huge PCS and SS. I said 100x times her SS is actually so weak it should be in the 4s. Now it's 8s.

Ok, this sad case is getting more likely to be a OGmedalist at the Olympics now. And turn off casual skating viewer forever. I mean, look at this girl, this is your OGMist doodling hearts and stars on ice, and then some yoga time, and then some tiny jumps, and BANG, OMG.

I declare figure skating dead for ladies. Will not resuscitate this one.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This is eff up!
Julia is getting huge PCS and SS. I said 100x times her SS is actually so weak it should be in the 4s. Now it's 8s.

Ok, this sad case is getting more likely to be a OGmedalist at the Olympics now. And turn off casual skating viewer forever. I mean, look at this girl, this is your OGMist doodling hearts and stars on ice, and then some yoga time, and then some tiny jumps, and BANG, OMG.

:laugh:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
This is eff up!

:laugh: You're crazy sometimes but you always make me laugh...

I do agree with your overall point though...Julia's PCS and GOE got a significant and unjustifiable boost here. It makes sense b/c she's in Russia but lopsided scoring like this is what makes the sport (1) difficult to watch and (2) a big joke.

Julia's SP went from 66+ to 72+ with no major improvements. At most this program should be a 70...and that's letting her keep that nearly 40 point TES score and giving her (an extremely fair) 30 in PCS.

Like I said, I do think she should be in the lead but that score is mega-inflated, but that's fine; that's the main advantage of skating on home ice. However, I seriously doubt we'll see scores like this for Julia at the GPF...unless figure skating for the ladies really is dead.:slink:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

I have to disagree with you wrt the casual skating viewer. She is a pretty young girl, has the most incredible looking spins, she lands all her jumps, and is musical (at least IMO). I prefer this kind of presentation than fakey Betty Boop moves like your idol tried. To a skating oficionado, her marks don't make sense, but to the casual viewer I think ladies' skating will very much stay alive.

In a way Lip is the 'anti-Chan'. I'm more worried that Chan will fall all over the ice and still get OGM. The casual viewer could potentially be turned off forever if that happened. But if Lip skates cleanly with a compelling program, I don't see an outrage brewing.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
OMG..People really think that Costner should have won or was a close 2d???Wake up! Julia was reaaaally good here! Deal with it! PS - didn't like Tuk's short ><

elif

Medalist
Casual viewers will hate her beause her spins are good, she had incredible flexibility, she lands her jumps and she is beautiful 15 year old girl . :laugh: Casual viewers can't understand why Sasha Cohen getting medals with falls not a skater who lands her jumps. She got standing ovation at Skate Canada. Everybody can understand and get in her long program. I know long time figure skating fans not liking her at all but she is hardly end of ladies figure skating. :laugh:

kwanatic

Record Breaker
OMG..People really think that Costner should have won or was a close 2d???Wake up! Julia was reaaaally good here! Deal with it! PS - didn't like Tuk's short ><

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Julia won the SP...but her scores are really inflated. Carolina didn't have the same content as Julia so the discrepancy in the TES is okay (though the GOE on her jumps is debatable). The problem is the judges put Julia on near equal footing with Carolina in terms of PCS and that is what people are shocked about.

For Julia to be within a point of Carolina in terms of PCS is just terrible scoring...and the judges are the ones to blame...not Julia.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Julia is a real senior lady now, maybe a little young but she is skating with great confidence. For jumps, her 3Lz+3t has really good height considering her body type. She had a worse double axel in the previous years, now it looks decent with good transitions before and afterwards.

It looks like Julia skating this much perfect and getting these high scores make people worry a lot for their favorites. Noone can say Julia is a better skater than Caro, Mao or Yuna. Or even Adelina, Anna, Liza.. But it's obvious that she is the best spinner in the current ladies field, fastest spins with stable positions, great elasticity. Also she has much better nerves than many others. She is determined to do her job perfect, and she has been doing so far this season. That's why she is being rewarded by judges. All we should do is congratulate and clap this young lady.

Being so young helps her on strength and elasticity side, but it's also a disadvantage for experience and presentation. Julia is overcoming these disadvantages very well. She is improving on the presentation side. Anyone will accept that Caro has much better steps and flow on the ice. But today she was a bit buried on the technical side by Julia, that's why I think her PCS is not so much higher than her. Still big congratulations to Carolina, I enjoyed her program here. Much better than COC. She presented very well with her usual self confidence. And she has shown that she will get more stable jumps as Olympics are approaching. Many said she is not in the mix for olympic medal anymore, she has proven the opposite here. Well done.
10000000000000% agree

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Julia won the SP...but her scores are really inflated. Carolina didn't have the same content as Julia so the discrepancy in the TES is okay (though the GOE on her jumps is debatable). The problem is the judges put Julia on near equal footing with Carolina in terms of PCS and that is what people are shocked about.

For Julia to be within a point of Carolina in terms of PCS is just terrible scoring...and the judges are the ones to blame...not Julia.

Agree but at the same time PCS can be downgraded if the skating wasn't perfect. Nethertheless Caro should have got about 3 points higher than Julia. But don't forget it's Cup of Russia. Homescoring here is as evident as any other host country's this year.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Agree but at the same time PCS can be downgraded if the skating wasn't perfect. Nethertheless Caro should have got about 3 points higher than Julia. But don't forget it's Cup of Russia. Homescoring here is as evident as any other host country's this year.

True. I think it's great Julia is skating so well but that score is just...:confused: 32+ in PCS? Really judges? Really?

Kelly

On the Ice
I like Julia's costume. Most of the time, Russian ladies' costumes are beyond me.:scratch:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I have to disagree with you wrt the casual skating viewer. She is a pretty young girl, has the most incredible looking spins, she lands all her jumps, and is musical (at least IMO). I prefer this kind of presentation than fakey Betty Boop moves like your idol tried. To a skating oficionado, her marks don't make sense, but to the casual viewer I think ladies' skating will very much stay alive.

In a way Lip is the 'anti-Chan'. I'm more worried that Chan will fall all over the ice and still get OGM. The casual viewer could potentially be turned off forever if that happened. But if Lip skates cleanly with a compelling program, I don't see an outrage brewing.

Given Chan has over 20 PCS points cushion from most skaters, he has 4 falls to spare. The only skater that can get close to him is Dai, but we know Dai wouldn't over take in term of TES, unless Chan has multiple triple splats. If Chan managed to win OGM with multiple errors he be the first male skater to do in a long time.