Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find the Swan Lake program endlessly repetitive. She takes his hand and he turns. He takes her hand and she turns. Etc, etc, etc. Then at the end of the program she cries. Predictable.

Dots

Final Flight
Well I call this @ TEB when I/k beat P/B with that horrendous Swam lake mess. :disapp:

I think the most exciting race at the Olympics is which of B/S and I/K gets to snatch the silver medal over V/M. :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I find the Swan Lake program endlessly repetitive. She takes his hand and he turns. He takes her hand and she turns. Etc, etc, etc. Then at the end of the program she cries. Predictable.

:laugh: I do not agree, but this literally made me LOL.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That's funny. Marxism was Western import, communism is Russian invention.
As for Russian not caring about Ice Dancing medal you should read Russan forums and their comments. They do care, some of them still have a kind of "cold war" complex and some of them think that there were a lot of "mooshrooms" (manipulation of results) during judging in the ice dancing.

@ilmiom
"level of hate on all things Russian makes me sick"
If you think there is great hate for all things Russian you should read some Russian ice dancing (and not only ice dancing) forums. Then you would see a real hate.................for all things US/West.

If you ever have the time, I for one would love to hear some of the comments. After this disgraceful day I could use a laugh. :)

phaeljones

On the Ice
That was truly one of the most disgraceful and disgusting judging displays ever. I defended B/S earlier this season but that is the last time ever I will defend them or the judging in events they are in. Every bit of their success is due to their Russian passport just as others have indicated.

It does not bode well for what will happen at the Olympics. Too bad in men's they can only have one skater so that all they can take is gold.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well I call this @ TEB when I/k beat P/B with that horrendous Swam lake mess. :disapp:

I think the most exciting race at the Olympics is which of B/S and I/K gets to snatch the silver medal over V/M. :laugh:

why was it a mess because I/K beat the French with their slow TES ? boo hoo

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I/K dance holds have always been their weakness aside from that good flow, nice skating, nice lifts and presentation whats there not to like ???
W/P are predictable, you honestly expected they would score above 71+ here ? their SC was also inflated

a good performance by I/K in Olympics will beat W/P easily

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I/K dance holds have always been their weakness aside from that good flow, nice skating, nice lifts and presentation whats there not to like ???
W/P are predictable, you honestly expected they would score above 71+ here ? their SC was also inflated

Ice dancers whose biggest weakness is -- wait for it -- dance holds. And you don't see what the problem is here?

Look if this were 1997...when ice dancing was really Ingmar Bergman! On Ice! With sequins!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but wait, it isn't.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ice dancers whose biggest weakness is -- wait for it -- dance holds. And you don't see what the problem is here?

Look if this were 1997...when ice dancing was really Ingmar Bergman! On Ice! With sequins!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but wait, it isn't.

didnt CoP limit dance holds already ??? :confused:

emdee

Final Flight
LOL so true. Although the way Chan is skating now I am confident he will spare us the Russian mens gold (which will make the only time ever I will be thankful for chan). Although who knows, had Chan skated here, his marks might have dropped by 6 or 7 points even for another clean skate, just like they have for every other top non russian here.

D&W better not slip up or they might well find a way to give Lurch and partner the gold. They are already targetting how to corrupt the silver over V&M surely.

PT fan thankful for Chan ......wonders will never cease

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tanith will be on UniversalSports at 10pm to comment on the SD. Should be interesting.

GF2445

Record Breaker
whats great btw at W/P FD anyways ???
nothing good , average twizzles too and nothing interesting in lifts, skating skills are just ok although still better than B/S

You are joking right? Their free dance is excellent and intense.

GF2445

Record Breaker
This judging has been extremely anti-Canadian. I feel for Kaitlyn and Andrew who are the victim of undermarking. 7 marks behind- ludicrous.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Everyone expected W/P to score above 71... look at their reactions in the K&C, listen to the Euro commentators shocked reactions at the low score...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
LOL so true. Although the way Chan is skating now I am confident he will spare us the Russian mens gold (which will make the only time ever I will be thankful for chan).

Sweet baby jesus. I think the universe just imploded. :eek::eek::eek: I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. :laugh: