Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

bramweld

Record Breaker
Wow, what a shoddy competition. Now I believe the conspiracy theorists. That was just poor you heard it in the comments from the British commentators. This is why Soloviev said in a pre-interview, they will have no problems taking first place. Just need to do their jobs. What a travesty!! Good teams should boycott COR!!

caitie

Medalist
All three Russian teams beat W/P technically. WOW! I am shocked at the scoring at this event.

Wow, my computer battery ran out and I finally got it up and running again and come back to this? SMH. Usually I think complaining about tech callers and such is just sour grapes but if all three Russian teams got higher TES than one of the top Ice Dancing teams... something doesn't smell right.

gmyers

Record Breaker
OK, now tell me that this result is fair and nonpolitical.
B/S were a hot mess and WON by a huge margin.

Lol! This event and b/s score does prove corruption. Not even b/s scores so much but the scores of the north American teams. Sorry to say and I am shocked but this ice dance event should be investigated and maybe thrown out. B/s Performance was garbage. It was awful.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This is why Russia should never get an Olympics. This is as bad as during the cold war when they openly would cheat.

but it happens outside too NHK and the norotious Skate Canada though mostly for singles
but this has been the most blanant in Ice Dancing in recent years

B/S will finish dead last at the GPF

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Lol! This event and b/s score does prove corruption. Not even b/s scores so much but the scores of the north American teams. Sorry to say and I am shocked but this ice dance event should be investigated and maybe thrown out. B/s Performance was garbage. It was awful.

they should have sent I/K at least with their programs the placements would have been believable :scratch:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm still a bit perplexed as to how we ended up with so many cabaret/Charleston/swing themed programs from the Quickstep. Seems everyone had the idea to go away from ballroom to be different, yet all ended up the same.

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. It's odd considering I think the ISU asked for a "ballroom feel" to the SD, but oh well.

Foxtrot, Charleston, and Swing are the officially designated options for additional rhythms for this season's SD (in addition to the required Quickstep).

Sorry if I am stating the obvious ... maybe I am not understanding your posts. :confused2:

wallylutz

Medalist
:rolleye::rolleye::rolleye:

Oh, the fumes !!

Don't tell us politiks are dead.

That margin is ridiculous.

To be fair, the judges' GOE and PCS scores seem to be fine. I am surprised by the way the Technical Panel made their calls here as did many people. On paper, this isn't a very political Technical Panel. However, not being there means there could be things going on only people there would know.

bramweld

Record Breaker
That performance from B/S was so wild and unpolished, fast yes, powerful yes, but nothing else. This is going to raise the ire of their competitors at the GPF. Poor judging, shameful. I'm no longer interested in watching this competition:eek: Forget the TES scores, how could they get the PCS scores?

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
Foxtrot, Charleston, and Swing are the officially designated options for additional rhythms for this season's SD (in addition to the required Quickstep).

Sorry if I am stating the obvious ... maybe I am not understanding your posts.

Yea, I know they're the options, I was just a bit surprised that so many teams went with them. I thought for sure we would see a lot of ballroom style programs, instead everyone went with swing/Charleston/cabaret themes.

Sara

On the Ice
This is why Russia should never get an Olympics. This is as bad as during the cold war when they openly would cheat.

:thumbsup:

I have a feeling the scoring will be like this in Sochi as well... :scowl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yea, I know they're the options, I was just a bit surprised that so many teams went with them. I thought for sure we would see a lot of ballroom style programs, instead everyone went with swing/Charleston/cabaret themes.

Wouldn't the Shibutanis' SD be considered ballroom? I don't see Michael Buble as swing or cabaret really (or maybe you could argue he's a swing, perhaps)?

wallylutz

Medalist
:thumbsup:

I have a feeling the scoring will be like this in Sochi as well... :scowl:

This is what I don't understand. If you are going to "nuke" somebody, don't tell them 3 months in advance. If it is true there are anything blatantly improper going on here, you bet there will be a counter-reaction post this competition.

One way or the other, this just doesn't seem to be a very smart thing to do.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:laugh: :rolleye:

I'm honestly not surprised after the men's and ladies' events to see such ridiculous home ice inflation and bad judging. At this point it doesn't matter if they're pushing I/K or B/S... A Russian ice dance team will be assured bronze in Sochi.

It'll be up to fair judging at the GPF to stop this PCS madness that clearly the Russians have been pushing for.

Big Deal

Final Flight
This Alla Shekovtseva- KatalinAlpern referee, technical caller duo was not created without a purpose to try to manipulate even Olympic result in the favour of the weak Russians, but they went MUCH too far.
Where is Mr.Cinquanta a few weeks before Olympic Games in Russia???????