Are B/S the Rus No.1 ? | Golden Skate

Are B/S the Rus No.1 ?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ice Dancing has always been political, watching the blatant SD at the recent CoR
it is clear they are still pushing for B/S :disapp:

but are they worth it ? Russian Fed is making a big mistake continuing investing in B/S they might realise it will come back to bite them
B/S have mediocre programs with backwards costumes, I/K maybe inconsistent but if they can get mileage this season their programs are Olympic Bronze medal or even Olympic Silver medal worthy if V/M falter.

cant say the same for B/S who will probably finish 5th in Olympics at best
why waste when they can have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDWI0SnbLA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oeImGkAij0

gmyers

Record Breaker
They are because they are Russian champions and got COR and then got a huge score there.

elif

Medalist
They are because they are Russian champions and got COR and then got a huge score there.

68 is not a huge score. Capellini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje, Ilıinkh/Katsalapov and Pechalat/Bourzat already passed that score.

I like I/K more than B/S this year. I think they should be No 1.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
B/S have the world medal and are thus the logical choice for the Russians to push to bronze, even though I prefer I/K. You would almost think in Sochi that W/P and P/B and C/L will all be pushed to 5th and lower.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
B/S have the world medal and are thus the logical choice for the Russians to push to bronze, even though I prefer I/K. You would almost think in Sochi that W/P and P/B and C/L will all be pushed to 5th and lower.

I hope not B/S programs this season do not deserve an Olympic medal, if they were smart they should be pushing for I/K who could even content for silver
besides the TC here was Piseev's wife totally a different Tech Panel by Olympics and none from the Top 5 countries that placed

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If D/S could win an Olympic bronze with their ridiculous programs in Vancouver, I can totally picture B/S edging out other teams for bronze.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If D/S could win an Olympic bronze with their ridiculous programs in Vancouver, I can totally picture B/S edging out other teams for bronze.

that was before another revamp of the CoP

I am baffled by B/S push
anyone in the right mind after the test skate would know I/K would have better mileage for their Olympics programs

bramweld

Record Breaker
The thing with I/K though is judges don't seem to care where they're placed in Russia. Well, if you forget NHK. They are a special team. However they need to skate SUPER CLEAN. The politics involved in Russian ice dance apparently is legendary.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The thing with I/K though is judges don't seem to care where they're placed in Russia. Well, if you forget NHK. They are a special team. However they need to skate SUPER CLEAN. The politics involved in Russian ice dance apparently is legendary.

they were slow in NHK but they were a bit undersscored compared to the Shibs at least should have won bronze
they got the memo at TEB and beat P/B, a clean I/K would beat P/B, W/P, C/L "if clean" though by Olympics

gmyers

Record Breaker
68 is not a huge score. Capellini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje, Ilıinkh/Katsalapov and Pechalat/Bourzat already passed that score.

I like I/K more than B/S this year. I think they should be No 1.

Huge in the context of COR. they were given a huge insurmountable lead because they are the insurmountable Russia number ones!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
through politicking of course

Of course through politicking. Numerous CoR scores for the Russians have been achieved through politicking. Anywhere outside of Russia, Kovtun/Lipnitskaia/Gachinski/Menshov/Tuk and B/S wouldn't have received such high PCS scores.

(*cue your inevitable mentioning of Osmond* :sarcasm:)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Of course through politicking. Numerous CoR scores for the Russians have been achieved through politicking. Anywhere outside of Russia, Kovtun/Lipnitskaia/Gachinski/Menshov/Tuk and B/S wouldn't have received such high PCS scores.

(*cue your inevitable mentioning of Osmond* :sarcasm:)

Julia is consistent and skates clean with better speed and interpretation at CoR , her score were bound to go up
Kovtun landed 2 quads, Tuk had above her normal SP mess, she got 58 at Euros with 3lz-2t and 3lo step out
Osmond did what exactly to merit above 60+ at Skate Canad with bad jumps and a fall !!! ? :sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Her score was bound to go up, but not to above 32 points of PCS. And you're even more ridiculous suggesting 75+! :laugh: Hey, why not 80 if we're throwing scores out there!

Kovtun is the only one that is marginally justified, because of his two quads. Gachinski/Menshov/Tukt all received personal bests of PCS in spite of errors.

Even Gosviani equalled her personal best PCS in the SP (at CoC she got 25.55, here she got 25.54), and at Cup of Russia she had 2 falls and a doubled jump! :rolleye:

This inflation for every Russian in every discipline is so appallingly evident.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Her score was bound to go up, but not to above 32 points of PCS. And you're even more ridiculous suggesting 75+! :laugh: Hey, why not 80 if we're throwing scores out there!

Kovtun is the only one that is marginally justified. Gachinski/Menshov/Tukt all received personal bests of PCS in spite of errors. Even Gosviani equalled her personal best PCS in the SP, and she had 2 falls! :rolleye:

the others were clearly overscored so why did you all lump them ???

you may hate Julia but she is clean and consistent, she improved her speed and projection for presentation at CoR, you think Julia cant score above 70+ ? :confused:
Tuk got 58 at Euros with a 3lz-2t and a step out 3lo that was with her still lower PCS of 28+, the inflation was ???

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
the others were clearly overscored so why did you all lump them ???

you may hate Julia but she is clean and consistent, she improved her speed and projection for presentation at CoR
Tuk got 58 at Euros with a 3lz-2t and a step out 3lo that was with her still lower PCS of 28+, the inflation was ???

29.53 is a personal best for Tuk (27.82 being her previous PB). She didn't do 3Z-3T and messed up her 3L, and got a personal best for PCS 1.7 points higher.

I certainly do not hate Julia. In fact the opposite. But while her presentation was slightly improved, it was not improved 4 points higher than previously.

Although, I don't know why I'm wasting my breath on you because you actually think Julia was UNDERscored and deserved 75 points. :unsure:
Do you even realize that for Julia to have gotten 75 points, her PCS would have to have been 2.76 points higher, as in 35.37 PCS.
Kim's personal best PCS is 33.80, Kostner's is 33.85, and Asada's PB (on Japanese ice, no less) is 34.37

Think about what you're saying before you actually just spew foolishly random numbers. :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
29.53 is a personal best for Tuk (27.82 being her previous PB). She didn't do 3Z-3T and messed up her 3L, and got a personal best for PCS 1.7 points higher.

because you make it sound like its the first time Tuk had that score
as I said, at Euros she got 58+ with 3lz-2t and 3lo step out with her lower PCS,

her PCS even slightly messy was bound to get better PCS especially with her 3rd season

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
because you make it sound like its the first time Tuk had that score
as I said, at Euros she got 58+ with 3lz-2t and 3lo step out with her lower PCS

Which Euros are you referring to?! Liza scored 57.18 points in the SP at the only time she's been at Euros (2013), with 27.71 PCS.

The only times Liza has gotten 58+ points in the SP were 2012 TEB, 2011 TEB/Skate Canada, and at those competitions her PCS wasn't even close to 29.53 points.

I agree that Liza is capable of getting close to 29.53 points PCS, but certainly not for a performance with 3-2 and a mistake on the 3L.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Which Euros are you referring to?! Liza scored 57.18 points in the SP at the only time she's been at Euros (2013), with 27.71 PCS.

The only times Liza has gotten 58+ points in the SP were 2012 TEB, 2011 TEB/Skate Canada, and at those competitions her PCS wasn't even close to 29.53 points.

I agree that Liza is capable of getting close to 29.53 points PCS, but certainly not for a performance with 3-2 and a mistake on the 3L.

Pogorilaya arguably who has lower PCS than Tuk got 28+ in TEB with a waxel
then I dont see how Tuk cant get above 29+ in PCS

and this thread is for B/S scandalous CoR marks
not for any other skaters, so... :rolleye: