Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, so the miscalled flutz of Julia in the SP actually made a difference.

What a farce this judging was... At SC Julia goes clean and gets 60.88 PCS. Here she lands 3 triples and gets 63.64 PCS and was essentially given the gold.

andyjo24

Medalist
because Julia is usually consistent this is one of her bad skates and did not anticipate this to happen at all

Julia has never competed in the big stage, so we can't say if she's consistent or not yet. She has no experience at Worlds or OG.

KKonas

Medalist
Very happy for Mirai to win a medal here. She just needs to build up her self-confidence. This FS is a good program for her. Yes, she does need to show more personality to really make this an impressive skate, but it is a James Bond medley so smiling all the way thru it is not what is needed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow, so the miscalled flutz of Julia in the SP actually made a difference.

What a farce this judging was... At SC Julia goes clean and gets 60.88 PCS. Here she lands 3 triples and gets 63.64 PCS and was essentially given the gold.

and Kostner got almost 69 PCS with a not so great content either
thats 1 point less than her Euro 130 FS with only 1 fall

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Skating is so chaotic. Now will people say Mirai is in the mix for the Olys. We all know she has the potential and the potential to do well not only at Nats but internationally but will she do it is another thing. that is the thing about these posts one bad skate and you are done;one good skate you are the answer to world peace. It is usually a body of work that defines you (well I guess that isn't true you could do crappy all year long and if you make the Olys and fluke out or whatever you want to call it (because some would say you just skated to your full potential) you could get defined by essentialy two skates.

I think Mirai was always in the conversation. I think this will take some of the pressure off and she can buckle down and focus on Nationals. All she needs now is to bring the attitude. I wouldn't say the entire program was emotionless, there were sparks. She just needs to spark all over the place and I think if she did international judges would award her. Hopefully this will give her the confidence she needs.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm so happy! that Radionova will make the Final, she is so exiting to watch compare to Kostner :love: :clap:
It doesn't bother me if Kostner take the place of someone else who is injured for the GPF, but Radionova is my favorite skater this season, so I'm glad that she will go to the GPF.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I am happy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want her to be greater though, she can be!!!!!!

Very happy for Mirai to win a medal here. She just needs to build up her self-confidence. This FS is a good program for her. Yes, she does need to show more personality to really make this an impressive skate, but it is a James Bond medley so smiling all the way thru it is not what is needed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm so happy! that Radionova will make the Final, she is so exiting to watch compare to Kostner :love: :clap:
It doesn't bother me if Kostner take the place of someone else who is injured for the GPF, but Radionova is my favorite skater this season, so I'm glad that she will go to the GPF.

and medal in GPF is open either or both for Julia and Elena

Sara

On the Ice
I would send Mirai to work with David Wilson for a while, just so that she would come out of her shell and be more expressive. When I watch Mirai's James Bond, I compare it to Yuna's Bond programme. Yuna's skating was so full of emotion and excitement, I love her Bond SP!

Dots

Final Flight
I think most of you are missing the bigger picture: Mirai was robbed!

1) She performed a fantastic short program that should have had her closer to the top two.

2) She should have gotten a higher score.

3) Caro should have score around 107-110's range.

4) Julia should have scored around 100-104 range.

5) Mirai was robbed of the gold medal.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so glad Kanako was able to skate a comeback like this. Unfortunately she lost the favour of the judges over the course of a day. I pray for a change of her SP.

Mao88

Record Breaker

Icey

Record Breaker
The gold medal should just be labelled N/A...no one deserves it here, and Julia barely scrapes the win with huge PCS....:disapp: Kanako should have won the long program here...

I'm glad to find someone else who thinks that way. There are competitions in which a gold medal should not be given because no performance measured up to that status. That is done in other kinds of competitions, so no reason it can't be done in fs.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was telling folks not to count Nagasu out...she is known for slow starts and seems to have already picked things up. This is exactly where she needs to be heading into Nationals - and it should be a big confidence builder for her. Now, she just needs to not get sick again ;) and she can play the role of dark horse/wildcard, as predicted.

andyjo24

Medalist
I was telling folks not to count Nagasu out...she is known for slow starts and seems to have already picked things up. This is exactly where she needs to be heading into Nationals - and it should be a big confidence builder for her. Now, she just needs to not get sick again ;) and she can play the role of dark horse/wildcard, as predicted.

But the thing is that the past two GP seasons, she has always won a medal in each, but she ends up not doing well at Nationals anyway. I hope this year is different though!

R.D.

Record Breaker
But the thing is that the past two GP seasons, she has always won a medal in each, but she ends up not doing well at Nationals anyway. I hope this year is different though!

I'm not going to say she has it all sewn up or that she has moved ahead of Zawadzki in the race, because (IMO) that is not the case. She still needs to get over that hurdle of falling apart in the FS at Nationals (which she has done for THREE consecutive years). But I truly think that had she not been sick last year, she would have done better. She looked spent throughout most of it.

The point I was trying to make was that people were writing Nagasu off based on her really slow start, saying basically that she was done and I disagreed, pointing to 2009 not being stellar for her either (to the point where people had her on the 2014 track and not the 2010 one). But, having said that, this time the competition is noticeably stiffer, so even with a great performance(s) it may not be enough if others deliver.

175 pts still wouldn't get her near any major int'l podium, although it is a very respectable score.
____

As for Zawadzki, it's also a step in the right direction, even if it wasn't perfect. The critical thing for her at Natls will be to nail that SP so she has enough buffer for a mistake or two in the FS, because for her that is almost inevitable.

Icey

Record Breaker
I hope this inspires Mirai. Why do so many think smiling to the music she was skating to is appropriate? If she had done that and I was a judge, I would have given her a low score for interpretation.
Caro's program is BORING.

jChamp

Rinkside
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (haven't had time to read the whole thread yet...) but the fact that Mirai has basically bombed her first grand prix (off the podium) and rallied back to medal at her second for FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS is pretty crazy.

Hopefully she'll keep it up through nationals this year!

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) Free Skate
2. Haruka IMAI (JPN) Free Skate
3. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) Free Skate
4. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) Free Skate

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) Free Skate
6. Mirai NAGASU (USA) Free Skate
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) Free Skate