Ice Dance FD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

sweetskates1

Medalist
It is atrocious to watch them skate but their costumes are better than the all black they wore a the beginning of the season. They are trying too hard to be fast and in doing so look sloppy. Their twizzles were off at a point. They need the power and speed because they do not have the beauty and the style of the W/Ps and the G/Ps they compete against.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The PCS are obviously higher than W/P... Why am I surprised at all? :laugh::slink:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
53+ PCS. Does dog barking sounds get a few extra points in P/E? :laugh:

Oh B/S, i was starting to like you last season and then you had to go and do Faust 2.0. Why are they so insistent on making Ekaterina look like an old Russian lady?!

Matilda

Medalist
I don't think so. It seems like D/W, C/B, and S/S will be going to the Olympics. I really wanted H/D to go. :(

I really want H/D to go too. I love their FD this season, and I prefer their presentation and skating style overall to that of C/B.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
53+ PCS. Does dog barking sounds get a few extra points in P/E? :laugh:

Oh B/S, i was starting to like you last season and then you had to go and do Faust 2.0. Why are they so insistent on making Ekaterina look like an old Russian lady?!
:clap::agree:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I like B/S but they are not in the same league as W/P and I usually don't say this
but I can't help myself -W/P wuz robbed.

Congrats to the Medalists!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
R.O.S. strategy: put B/S far enough ahead in the SP that W/P can't possibly overtake in the FD. Worked here, doubt if it will in the GPF. Sochi? My bet's on RF pushing this team not I/K.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
There is no way that B/S should have beaten W/P on IT and CC, yes the difference was small, but W/P should have been ahead in those areas.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Oh the irony of B/S being surrounded by so much bs... Oh my gosh .. horrible judging for all disciplines. This makes the GPF more interesting and important.

LauraV

On the Ice
So the B/S FD is about a pair of birds who are being hunted, and one of the birds gets shot (there was a gunshot halfway through the program, I think?) and the Mozart Requiem plays in honor of the dying bird?

I realize it's supposed to be a metaphor, but I have to wonder what Zhulin is drinking these days. I really liked B/S's FD last year, but this one........

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
So the B/S FD is about a pair of birds who are being hunted, and one of the birds gets shot (there was a gunshot halfway through the program, I think?) and the Mozart Requiem plays in honor of the dying bird?

That description sounds like a parody of uber dramatic ice dance programs :laugh:

sweetskates1

Medalist
Lol

so the b/s fd is about a pair of birds who are being hunted, and one of the birds gets shot (there was a gunshot halfway through the program, i think?) and the mozart requiem plays in honor of the dying bird?

I realize it's supposed to be a metaphor, but i have to wonder what zhulin is drinking these days. I really liked b/s's fd last year, but this one........

Sackie

Medalist
Well I was wrong! W/P ended up 2nd!
Demarinis-I think W/P are use to this by now. There have been several comps where they have been robbed! There is no way that sloppy program should have gotten higher PCS than W/P Oor been that close in the TEC mark either. Shouldn't a fall in ice dance lower the PCS mark for sure since they hardly ever happen and they have to interrupt the flow of the program.