NBC Coverage - November 24, 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC Coverage - November 24, 2013

Victura

On the Ice
I love your commentators! I wish we had our own Tara and Johnny for commenting..*sigh*

First time watching NBC coverage this season (honestly surprised skating is still on TV these days), and pleasantly surprised by Johnny and Tara. Question for koatcue or anyone else who speaks Russian: is the Russian male commentator for the Sport channel any good? I was curious because whenever I watch the linked Russian videos, it seems he talks on and on in a rather dour tone of voice, but it could just be that I don't understand Russian. Is anything he is saying interesting or informative, and does he actually sound negative/bored in Russian?

That Humane Society commercial seemed like it came on every break...boy are they tear jerking and depressing, yikes. Maybe they are only on during skating to appeal to Ashley Wagner's cat ladies...

I rather like Carolina's short program costume, but that long program one is a bit of a disaster. Hope she changes it before Europeans.

Charitable organizations like the Humane Society must wrestle with the problem that Coyote Chris brought up -- if they spend all their money on fund raising, then there is nothing left for their charitable works. Advertising on ice skating shows, especially family shows like this one, guarantees an audience of big softies who are ripe for an emotional appeal. Plus, the ads don't cost nearly as much as on prime time. Good strategy for a noble cause.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They might do better to advertise on the coverage of the Westminster Dog Show, which was on on Thanksgiving.