GP predictions? | Golden Skate

GP predictions?

Amei

Record Breaker
Grand Prix final:
1. Mao
2. Julia
3. Ashley

(I could easily see silver and bronze switching)

My dream would be:
1. Julia
2. Mirai
3. Samantha Cesario

I'll explain my lack of Mao and the 2 favorites of the US commentators Gold & Wagner. Mao reminds me of the men in the early 2000's she seems all jumps to me, Gold/Wagner both don't do anything for me, Ashley- doesn't draw me in and Gracie seems to mess up a lot and her expressions are annoying/distracting. I would rather see the concentrated face we see on Julia over the I'm-auditioning-for-a-Colgate-commercial smile that we get from Gracie all the time.

*This is a strange season for me, the 2 top contenders for my home nation (USA) I'm not really a fan of and would rather watch pretty much any other skater on the circuit. :confused:

Barb

Record Breaker
prediction: 1. Mao 2. Julia 3. Ashley

Dream podium: 1. Mao 2. Elena R. 3. Ashley

skateluvr

Record Breaker
sadly, we have only Ashley in singles up against Mao and 4 Russian jumping beans, lol. And Davis/White who will medal gold or silver.

No men, no pairs.

I think Men's podium will be Chan, Machida, Hanyu or Dai, whoever has good jumping.

Ladies? Mao/ Julia/ Elena-hope I'm wrong. Ashley is in Mao's league. She's a complete skater but the kids have the 3,3s if they hit. If they are messy, Ashley should be silver or bronze.

Pairs V/T/ S/S third? dunno

Ice dance D/W if it is fair/ V/Mand I hope C/L from Italy but prob Russian or French couple vy for 3rd spot.

sorry, I meant V/M not VT.

then to olympics.

I really think V/M are improving, and have amazing chemistry. Very beautiful couple. I hope judges give the gold to Carlie and Meryl. I think they are half a mile ahead of anyone else. Maybe the best icedancers who ever lived. Certainly their tech difficulty surpasses by far the great T/D though I preferred their programs back in the day. They were all very different, perfectly executed. T/D skated as one. No one was close. I think Meryl was upset when they got silver. Tessa's body changing has slowed then down and CoP judges love speed. I will feel it wrong in they do not win this Olympics. They have great programs. We shall see.

I do feel YuNa and Chan are 99 percent certain, unless something really funky goes down in Russia. CoR judging was simply wrong, but the world will watch Olympics. I hope whatever happens, we pick up a lot of US viewers. Wishful thinking, I know....

Peach

Rinkside
Ladies

Prediciton

1. Mao
2. Julia
3. Ashley

Dream Podium

1. Julia
2. Mao
3. Elena or Ashley (I like both of them)

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
ladies: 1. MAO; 2. JULIA; 3. ASHLEY ; dream: 1. Mao; 2. Elena; 3. Ashley
men: CHAN, Machida, Hanyu;
pairs: Voloshozar- Trankov; ???
Ice dance: Moir- Virtue; Davis- White; ???

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Prediction:

Ladies: Ashley, Mao and Julia in that order.
Men: Hanyu, Chan and Daisuke.

I'm ballsy :)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Grand Prix final:
1. Mao
2. Julia
3. Ashley

(I could easily see silver and bronze switching)

My dream would be:
1. Julia
2. Mirai
3. Samantha Cesario

I'll explain my lack of Mao and the 2 favorites of the US commentators Gold & Wagner. Mao reminds me of the men in the early 2000's she seems all jumps to me, Gold/Wagner both don't do anything for me, Ashley- doesn't draw me in and Gracie seems to mess up a lot and her expressions are annoying/distracting. I would rather see the concentrated face we see on Julia over the I'm-auditioning-for-a-Colgate-commercial smile that we get from Gracie all the time.

*This is a strange season for me, the 2 top contenders for my home nation (USA) I'm not really a fan of and would rather watch pretty much any other skater on the circuit. :confused:

Really? Oo I actually like Gold this year. I see her improvement! She is not so erratic and her arms look softer. She has "it" in my opinion

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I hoooooope (biased):
1) Julia
2) Elena
3) Mao

Realistic podium:
1)Mao
2)Ashley
3)Julia

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies: Mao, Ashley, Julia (hope and reality)
Men: Takahashi, Chan, Machida (hope)
Chan, Takahashi, Hanyu or Chan, Hanyu, Takahashi (reality)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My dream podium:
Mao
Radionova
Pogorilaya

I just sensed there is a body change in Julia recently--she looks heavier in her jumps than before, and I am not sure if that is the reason for her LP at Russian Cup. Her body is definitely on the way of growing fuller.
I remember how two seasons ago Liza went from two massive wins at her two GP events and then gained weight and did live up to my expectation in GPF. So Julia might not even be on the podium if that happens to her.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Men:

Takahashi, Hanyu, Kovtun

Women:
Asada, Lipnitskaia, Wagner

Dream

In reality, I have no idea -- except Chan will be in there somewhere

Amei

Record Breaker
Really? Oo I actually like Gold this year. I see her improvement! She is not so erratic and her arms look softer. She has "it" in my opinion

Except the colgate smile, lack of consistency, and bad long program music. IMO, she is being marketed by US commentators as having "it" more than anything.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Men:
Chan, Hanyu, Oda (Machida might replace Oda or even defeat Hanyu)

Women:
Asada, Wagner, Lipnitskaia (dark horse: Radionova)

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Dream podium: Hanyu, Oda, Michida Mao, Adelina, Ashley
Realistic: Chan, Michida, Hanyu Mao, Julia, Ashley/or Adelina

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
MEN

Real: Chan, Machida, Hanyu
Dream: Oda, Chan, Hanyu

LADIES

Real: Asada, Lipnitskaia, Wagner (by a hair over Radionova)
Dream: Wagner, Asada, Lipnitskaia

PAIRS:

Real: V/T, S/S, P/T
Dream: S/S, MT/M, D/R

DANCE:

Real: D/W, V/M, P/B (but barely)
Dream: P/B, D/W, V/M (now that really IS a dream if you look at who I have in gold medal position..)