Shuttle pass | Golden Skate

Shuttle pass

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
http://www.boston2014.com/event-info/shuttle/

The way I read this is...Passes will be available for those REGISTERED at an official event hotel and those reservations must be made through the LOC.
One pass per registered person. $125 each available on Dec 6th. So, if person a and person b are registered through the LOC to stay
at the Seaport in one room, they may each have a pass. The way they can control this is you have to pick up your
passes AT your official hotel. That way, they can make sure you are registered for your room. There will be five shuttle routes to speed
up transportation of people to and from their hotels...

If I had a buddy or two at my hotel, we could ride the subway over to the TD during the day and take a cab back at night splitting the cost of the cab.
It would be cheeper.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm not too surprised by the price - San Jose was $100 for the shuttle pass (I didn't need one). I'm staying at the Seaport but will probably buy the pass because going to the arena hasn't usually been a problem and I like the flexibility to go back to the hotel if I need a break from the arena.

Getting a taxi after the event might be a little tricky. Someone from Boston posted that it can be difficult to find a taxi after the event and most drivers won't allow anyone to sit in front so for 4 people you would need a taxi that is a van. For 3 or less people a regular taxi would work....fair is $12+ to the Seaport but can be higher because the fair is also based on time factor for heavy traffic. The TDGarden website says there is a taxi stand on Causeway St. across from the Garden. I'd be willing to share going back to the hotel if we could work something out.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would certainly be willing to share a cab back at night with you to our hotel, the Seaport. This worked out really well in London at Worlds Last march....you and your travel buds would meet at a pre-arraged place after the last skate and walk out to the curb where cabs would be trolling.....we just flaged one down and boom! Back at the hotel....Don't know the laws pertaining to cabs at Boston...but it worked well in London for three people. If its real cold and there are long lines for the Line 1 bus back to the Seaport, even if one has a bus pass, the cab is always an option. I plan to still get a bus pass but I like to have all options and be flexable...if I can find a cab buddy, fine...that gets me back to the room as fast as possible....in London, my travel buds' hotel was 1/2 mile further than mine but the cab driver didn't care....we just figured out what the fee and tip was and split it, so if another hotel is near the seaport, we can get another travel buddy or two...
Chris
I'm not too surprised by the price - San Jose was $100 for the shuttle pass (I didn't need one). I'm staying at the Seaport but will probably buy the pass because going to the arena hasn't usually been a problem and I like the flexibility to go back to the hotel if I need a break from the arena.

Getting a taxi after the event might be a little tricky. Someone from Boston posted that it can be difficult to find a taxi after the event and most drivers won't allow anyone to sit in front so for 4 people you would need a taxi that is a van. For 3 or less people a regular taxi would work....fair is $12+ to the Seaport but can be higher because the fair is also based on time factor for heavy traffic. The TDGarden website says there is a taxi stand on Causeway St. across from the Garden. I'd be willing to share going back to the hotel if we could work something out.