Kim and Kostner: same exhibition music?? | Golden Skate

Kim and Kostner: same exhibition music??

elee63

Final Flight
Sure, they're covers by different singers. Doesn't change the fact that they're both the same song.

Think I read somewhere that Kim's version of the song (Avril Lavigne) was featured in an album released by Amnesty International to raise funds to promote human rights in Sudan.

Wonder who's going to change theirs. Or if they're even going to bother with that :p...

Kostner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYQbCz_Uts

Kim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZkGTZRNpc

Whose do you prefer?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Carolina makes that into a special program. Not to mention Eva's rendition of the song , while a distant effort behind Lennon's, is effective and touching while Avril can't help but sound like a teenager singing along to her records.

Sasha used Avril's Imagine in the past as an exhibition piece, and if neither she not Yu-an can create a memorable program with it I think it's time to blame the music.

Would like to hear someone use the original for once.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I really DO NOT like Yuna's version of Imagine... Although I was thrilled, Avril's version is just..:no:
I actually like both of the program, I just hate Avril's version...

Icey

Record Breaker
I doubt they will bother. And in the end, one of the skaters, most likely Kostner, may not be skating an exhibition at the Olympics.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Carolina debuted hers first. Better song version, better choreography. No contest. I think Yuna should bring back her homage to Korea program as an exhibition if she does indeed win as expected. Unfortunately Carolina isn't guaranteed an exhibition performance judging by the results of the GP so far. Hope she does make the podium though.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Carolina debuted hers first. Better song version, better choreography. No contest. I think Yuna should bring back her homage to Korea program as an exhibition if she does indeed win as expected. Unfortunately Carolina isn't guaranteed an exhibition performance judging by the results of the GP so far. Hope she does make the podium though.

(When Yuna debuted that exhibition, I had to mute the sound to "enjoy" the program. Sorry, but Avril's voice to that song does not do it for me.)

I agree. Yuna has the better dress, but Carolina trumps Yuna in all other aspects of their respective exhibition programs. And Yuna's HoK program as an exhibition was still emotional and powerful, so I agree with bringing it back as well.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I agree. Yuna has the better dress, but Carolina trumps Yuna in all other aspects of their respective exhibition programs. And Yuna's HoK program as an exhibition was still emotional and powerful, so I agree with bringing it back as well.
I think HoK should have been brought back as her LP. I've always been a fan of self-sabotage (like when a skater puts 2 flips in an LP despite it being her most inconsistent jump), needless difficulty, and cheekiness, and had Yuna done the GP circuit and announced plans for going to Worlds, she'd be skating to Homage to Korea in Japan, twice. If she pulled it off, I would've been so pleased.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Although I never thought Yuna is a power performer like Mao and Akiku, I actually like her version this time better. I also think Homage to Korea was the best program in her entire career so far, because I liked the melody and the choreography.

However, at this moment, rhetorically, she has past beyond simply paying tribune to her won country (as with Homage to Korea), but as a world icon (thus Imagine… no country… no people…) with her donation to allover the world.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Sure, they're covers by different singers. Doesn't change the fact that they're both the same song.

Think I read somewhere that Kim's version of the song (Avril Lavigne) was featured in an album released by Amnesty International to raise funds to promote human rights in Sudan.

Wonder who's going to change theirs. Or if they're even going to bother with that :p...

Kostner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYQbCz_Uts

Kim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZkGTZRNpc

Whose do you prefer?

Yup imagine that!

I do believe Imagine at the Olympics has been a long tradition. They even did a massive closing piece at London Summer Olympics... i know because my friend's brother sang there.

It is not really about the song per ce, but it is about communicating an universal message of peace, love and anti violence.

penguin

On the Ice
I like both, they're wonderfully performed. Love Yuna's dress, prefer Carolina's version of the song (but I like Avril's cover better than I thought I would). I can see it being somewhat awkward if they both skate in the Olympic exhibition, because by then we'll know what color their medals are (if they win any, knock on wood) and that will probably color the reception of their performances. Maybe they'll both prepare backup exhibitions, or brush up an old one so it's ready to go.

msadot

On the Ice
Caro WILL reach the podium. For sure. Yes, I wrote it on Caro's page, but the others did not seem to mind a lot. Glad someone else pointed it out. :) Kant remember who showed her "Imagine" first; but still I can imagine the two performing at Sochi Gala one after the other. :)

lcd

Match Penalty
Would be fun/awesome to see skaters performing together! Love them (skaters) both - ha!

bebevia

On the Ice
Kurt Browning and contestants of Battle of the Blades performed to Imagine (orig) for the season finale this year. It just happens that all three programs have a mutual interest behind them. I can totally see all three - Yuna, Carolina, and Kurt - collaborate on the song for the next ATS!