Whatever happened to Tanja Szewczenko? | Golden Skate

Whatever happened to Tanja Szewczenko?

Johar

Medalist
I assume she is retired but was curious as to what she is up to these days. Did doctors ever figure out what viruses got into her body when she was so ill?

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Someone asked this very same question just the other day. Let me see if I can find the thread with all the answers.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
:eek: This board is totally gaslighting me! :laugh:

Apparently, I had a dream the other day that someone asked about Tanja S, and Germanice supplied all sorts of answers about her health and how she was doing TV shows now etc...and I replied that IIRC she had debuted a pop album last year.

Now there seems to be no evidence that said thread existed anywhere outside of my mind. :laugh:

I am curious about Tanja as well...but a quick search has come up with no fresh info....

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Gosh, that dream was so real. I just remembered that Germanice said something about Tanja saying some off-color things in public that caused her to lose some or all of her endorsements. Could I really have imagined in such detail? :laugh:

pairsfan

On the Ice
I had the same dream so I did a search. Germanice's answer is on page 6 of the favorite skaters thread.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL! Well, we must have had a dream network going on, Berthes Ghost! No, I asked Germanice (or anyone) to provide some information on Tanja's current situation. Thanks, by the way! She was such a lovely skater. I was really stoked for her after the 1998 Champion's Series Final and thought she was heading for medals at the Olympics and Worlds....OH WELL! At least she got that World bronze medal in 1994.

shdotz

On the Ice
What is Tonia doing now?

I've wondered the same thing for some time now.

She had an illness and came back well. Then nothing.

I've also wondered about Sur -bonalee (sp?)

Here a minute ago and now gone.

sh

JOHIO2

Medalist
shdotz, Surya Bonaly is alive and well and living in Vegas. She just recently became a US citizen and I believe she is scheduled to tour with Champions on Ice (I could be wrong about that. Maybe I'm dreaming like everyone else on this board!)