German Nationals Berlin Dec 14 to 15 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

German Nationals Berlin Dec 14 to 15 2013

Alex D

Record Breaker
Alex D,
This has to be the best review of an event I have ever read! Before, I knew very little about German skaters. Now, I want to know more! I will be watching these skaters, they sound talented.
Thank you for posting the information! You are knowledgeable and have a good sense of humour, too. :clap:

Glad you liked it ;)

There's something wrong with this thread (for me). Whenever I click on the 2nd or 3rd pages it always takes me back to the 1st page. It's been happening for a couple of days now.

I don't think I can help there :(

Maybe clear cookies or the temp internet files?

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
Thanks for everything Alex, it's much appreciated. You wouldn't, by any chance, know what happened to Shira Willner after she moved to Berlin to train there? She was quite good at her one Europeans but then moved from Mannheim to Berlin, just like Sarah Hecken does now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Glad you liked it ;)

I don't think I can help there :(

Maybe clear cookies or the temp internet files?

I changed the name to remove punctuation from the title. We've had this odd problem with 2nd or 3rd pages in vbulletin for quite some time. Changing the name fixes the problem.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for everything Alex, it's much appreciated. You wouldn't, by any chance, know what happened to Shira Willner after she moved to Berlin to train there? She was quite good at her one Europeans but then moved from Mannheim to Berlin, just like Sarah Hecken does now.

I sadly don't have any information about her regarding figure skating :(, I can try to ask around when I get the chance - no promises though.

I changed the name to remove punctuation from the title. We've had this odd problem with 2nd or 3rd pages in vbulletin for quite some time. Changing the name fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot ;)

bookworm94

Rinkside
Final standings:

1 Nathalie WEINZIERL MERC B-W 175.31
2 Sarah HECKEN MERC B-W 148.06
3 Nicole SCHOTT EJE NRW 145.48
4 Sandy HOFFMANN DESV SAS 142.39
5 Jennifer PARKER ECO BAY 132.55
6 Jennifer URBAN ECO BAY 128.27
7 Anne ZETZSCHE DREC SAS 127.95
8 Anneli KAWELKE ERCM BAY 124.37
9 Minami DOBASHI DEG NRW 104.34
10 Luisa WEBER MERC B-W 96.73
11 Jessica FÜSSINGER ECO BAY 88.03

The other reviews tomorrow ;)

Tnanks Alex for your detailed Reviews! I love how you write nice things about everyone. All the girls work so hard and they deserve it ;) You seem to know a lot about the German skaters and I want to ask, if you know anything about what happened to Isabel Drescher, Katharina Zientek, Anna-Katharina Kreisfeld and Isabelle Glaser as I've missed these girls in Nationals. I remeber Zientek doing world-class triple toe triple toe combinations in the 2011/2012 season and Drescher has been a huge jumper as well. I thought that these girls were really talented and it would be a pity if they had retired.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate, bookworm94! We hope you enjoy it here, and have a happy New year!

bookworm94

Rinkside
Welcome to Golden Skate, bookworm94! We hope you enjoy it here, and have a happy New year!

Thank you! As a former competitive figure skater I discovered this forum a long time ago and now I've finally decided to create an account myself.
A happy new year to everyone on here :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Tnanks Alex for your detailed Reviews! I love how you write nice things about everyone. All the girls work so hard and they deserve it ;) You seem to know a lot about the German skaters and I want to ask, if you know anything about what happened to Isabel Drescher, Katharina Zientek, Anna-Katharina Kreisfeld and Isabelle Glaser as I've missed these girls in Nationals. I remeber Zientek doing world-class triple toe triple toe combinations in the 2011/2012 season and Drescher has been a huge jumper as well. I thought that these girls were really talented and it would be a pity if they had retired.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoy reading it ;) Also a happy new year to you and all the others here at the forum and of course to the skaters that sneak in here from time to time :D

As for the skaters that you mentioned, this is what I know or could find out.

Katharina Zientek

She is in the line up for season 2013/14 at the SCK (Schlittschuh-Club Krefeld). She has won the "Krefeld regionals" in 2013 with a landed triple Lutz (first time for her in competition) and also her triple Toe, if she will compete in 2014 (held at February) I don't know yet.

Anna-Katharina Kreisfeld

She came 31. at the Bavarian Open last season, I don't know yet if she will compete again this year (end of the current month @ Oberstdorf). At the BO she performed a clean triple Toe - double Toe, but struggled with some other elements like the double Sal. In general not the cleanest performance sadly :(

Isabel Drescher

Last seen her at BO 2013 as well, she came 13th and landed a nice triple Toe - triple Toe. However she took a break this season and its not sure yet if she will return to competitive skating.

Isabelle Glaser

Not much here sadly, she does study at Stuttgart I believe.

While its not much, I hope it might still help you a bit.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Drescher has sadly been on a downward slope for a while now. Maybe she's given up. :(

From what I know, Isabel finished School after last season and is now in the USA for one year.
I do not believe, that she will skate in any big competition again.