Men SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looks like two people have Hanyu winning in the predictions game.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yuzu I love You !!! :love: :love:

Patrick Chan keeping the history of Japan as a non favorable soil
Chan should stay below and always below Hanyu !!!

the PCS for Hanyu should be higher
only 1 point difference ?

judges get it right, Yuzuru is 2 or 3 points higher in PCS than Chan !!!!

emdee

Final Flight
Yuzu I love You !!! :love: :love:

Patrick Chan keeping the history of Japan as a non favorable soil
hope should stay below and always below Hanyu !!!
I guess the other is true then.....Russia is favourable soil for him!

Sara

On the Ice
When Chan got off the ice he was complaining about something. Was it that the lights in the ceiling were too bright and that distracted him? I think it was something about him not seeing well.

flaneur

On the Ice
Hanyu just wrote his ticket to Sochi (no matter what happens next).

According to Eurosport Patrick was talking about the overhead camera that was flying above him.

samson

Medalist
And the coach goes "what did you say?" lol

That was a nice moment for us all to cherish...

When he got to the boards after his skate he mentioned something about a skycam bothering him I think. Who knows. Anyway he's still in second, and honestly Yuzu's weakness is the long program. So while have a 12 point lead is going to help, by now means is this competition over.

Nobu must be thanking his stars he's in third right now. Beating Machida here would give him some much needed real estate going into nationals.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
When Chan got off the ice he was complaining about something. Was it that the lights in the ceiling were too bright and that distracted him? I think it was something about him not seeing well.

thats typical Chan
like V/M who always complain when they dont win

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Mrs.P said:
Looks like two people have Hanyu winning in the predictions game.

The competition isn't over though. I would never agree with Hanyu being a weak FS skater (his greatest successes came with bad SPs + very good LPs), but as of now he never skated 2 very good programs in one comp. With Chans scoring potential, he can definitly catch him.
Tomorrow will be an exciting day!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The competition isn't over though. I would never agree with Hanyu being a weak FS skater (his greatest successes came with bad SPs + very good LPs), but as of now he never skated 2 very good programs in one comp. With Chans scoring potential, he can definitly catch him.
Tomorrow will be an exciting day!

I agree. But just noting the situation should the placements stand after tomorrow.

auser

Record Breaker
Eurosport UK commentators said he was complaining about the sky cam

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I guess that Chan will make a huge recovery in fs and will scare Hanyu off.... Under the circumstances that´s a good strategy for Chan to skate before Hanyu in freeskate.

flaneur

On the Ice
Patrick did look a bit tired and peaky. Apparently Japan and him don't mix. Not the performance he wanted but it might be a good thing in the long run... tamper expectations and give him the experience of fighting from behind (and skating in an heightened environment where someone just skated their brains out).

Congrats to Hanyu! I think that was his strongest performance of that SP to date.

Florencito

Medalist
Really enjoyed Hanyu. The others were awful. I think the gap should have been higher.
Missed Daisuke and Javier :cry: