Ladies SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Why is Julia lower in PCS than Adelina and Ashley? For me she was on par with Ashley and had definitely better flow than Adelina.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also MAO. That was delightful! I'm betting 75!

Hm...the TES counter is going down. Still betting 70+

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
It's christmas for me!! :bow:

Mao delivered, and Adelina is actually 2nd in a well skated event :love:

bluesky85

On the Ice
Anna got higher PCS than Elena...?? I haven't seen the performance yet so I can't be sure of anything, but I thought Elena was usually superior to Anna or even to Julia (in some ways) in terms of PCS...

Leonardo

Final Flight
Shin Amano gave an ur to Mao's 3A. So unfair! And didn't ur ashley's combo. THAT'S SO WRONG!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hm interesting. Adelina won in TES. The gap between Mao and Adelina/Ashley is a mere four points. Adelina and Ashley are practically tied. Julia is only two points behind them. The free is going to be exciting tomorrow!

smoothiw

Rinkside
Mao's TES is getting lower. Maybe 3a under-rotation? Need to check the slow motion carefully. Anyway, her facial expression, and the body movements have been improved, I think. Most beautiful performance of Mao this season so far.

Leonardo

Final Flight
the technician should be banned.

Shin Amano + korean assistant technical = Mao's worst nightmare. No way that 3a deserved an ur. And ashley's combo was just fine according to them. Unbelievable, even for Amano.

samson

Medalist
I guess the axel was downgraded? I thought for sure it was clean. I'll be looking to see the protocols. Mao was just a delight to behold. The last time I felt this excited by a ladies performance was honestly Vancouver.

She made me breath with her. Sometimes you feel like the audience carries a skater through each element, but she was carrying us through every moment. Such light. Such quality. That was a lady and a champion skating out there. Just beautiful.

flaneur

On the Ice
That was a lovely skate by Mao. I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of hers at the Vancouver Olympics but there is a fullness and completeness to her skating now that is quite exquisite.

The axel was downgraded for UR? Shrug. Not that surprised... thought it was a little questionable.