Ladies SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

oleada

Record Breaker
and her score, her spins were not traveling at all
how did that get a level 3 ? she was underscored

Julia having lower score than the headcase Sotnikova is a joke

Adelina has better edges, speed, and ice coverage - so absolutely a clean Adelina should beat a clean Julia. Plus her jumps are much biggerwith good low and she is no slouch with the spins either.

lavender

Record Breaker
Adelina has better edges, speed, and ice coverage - so absolutely a clean Adelina should beat a clean Julia. Plus her jumps are much biggerwith good low and she is no slouch with the spins either.

ITA. I knew we would be able to get a better measure of how skaters stack up against each other if they skated in the same competition and clean. This is pretty much the exact order that I would put this bunch. Now if only Kostner, Yu na and Akiko were here.

penguin

On the Ice
An underotated <3A should not get a skater more points than a clean, well-done double axel

That is absurd. You clearly don't skate or know anything about the technique of skating.

An underrotated 3A is not a perfect 3A, but it sure as hell is a different jump than a 2A. They should be scored differently.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So happy for Adelina, well done! What more can I say about Mao other than, loved it! :love:
Ashley was rocking her SP and I think she has a great chance to medal here if she
can control her nerves.

That was a very good competition and all of the ladies should be proud of themselves!

miki88

Medalist
That is absurd. You clearly don't skate or know anything about the technique of skating.

An underrotated 3A is not a perfect 3A, but it sure as hell is a different jump than a 2A. They should be scored differently.

ITA. For starters, it has more rotations than a 2A but less than a perfect 3A.

supsu

On the Ice
Where can I find interviews after the short programs?? Especially Chan's would interest me.. ;)

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Wow. Lovely performances from ALL of the competitors, and a sublimely beautiful skate by Asada to finish it off.

Scores are close, what a great competition! And scores would have been closer still, if not for that one "big" mistake of the competition - Pogorilaya's axel.

Looking forward to the FS on Saturday - Mao is surely the favourite, given her performance today and throughout the GP series... but as we saw in the men's SP... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! o_O

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I was frankly so sad for Ashley, she received 33 PCS at SA for a performance that was nowhere near today's, she really impressed me, artistically (the first time with this program)!
And, seeing Mao's 3A called UR after that incredible 42 TES right after the performance was so frustrating... it could have been a PB! :bang:

Sara

On the Ice
I was frankly so sad for Ashley, she received 33 PCS at SA for a performance that was nowhere near today's, she really impressed me, artistically (the first time with this program)!
And, seeing Mao's 3A called UR after that incredible 42 TES right after the performance was so frustrating... it could have been a PB! :bang:

Ashley's PCS should have been a bit higher, I agree. I was also expecting a higher total score for Mao, more like 74-75. She was absolutely stunning and I love her new dress!!

Nigel

On the Ice
Still extremely disappointing to see just one of the ladies including triple flip and triple lutz in their SPs. Only Julia LIPNITSKAIA includes both in her SP.
Will be interesting to see program content in the free skate.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ashley's PCS should have been a bit higher, I agree. I was also expecting a higher total score for Mao, more like 74-75. She was absolutely stunning and I love her new dress!!

Wagner was actually overscored nor should her 3-3 and two footed landings be ratified in any competition ever
her real SP score should be in low 66+

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am so happy that Adelina finally delivered her true ability. Her face clearly showed she's in the right state of mind.
Although Anna is currently the last, I am truly impressed by her again. But can anyone tell me whether 2A is a real pet peeve for her? She seems to consistently pop this jump and whenever she made it, the quality did not seem to be as good as her other jumps.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She wasn't underscored. She was again overscored by the judges who thought that underrotated 3A was worth GOE 0 or GOE +1. The jump which you said "didn't get credit" got Mao 5.57 points which is still too much.

The problem was that Mao was overscored at NHK and her jumps weren't called as UR'ed so people are now confused how that 'pretty' triple axel from today could have been downgraded even though it was obviously underrotated as well.

ETA: Mao's flip and double loop were clearly cheated as well. What a joke :laugh:

So Mao's flip and double loop were cheated and yet you say they were not even UR'ed. Make up your mind :)
She is the only one capable to land a very "pretty" looking triple axel and in the SP she landed one which was less than 1/4 UR. I also watched it in the slow motion. I agree that this season she got some favorable calls on her 3A (which were close and could have gone either way) but today she was underscored. She shoould have got full credit on the 3A. But I expected this with Amano making the call, is not the first time he is unfair with Mao. But I don't expect you to admit it, you are clearly biased against Mao.
I hope in the LP Adelina, Mao and Ashley remain on the podium. Good luck to all the ladies and may the best one win

Gigi13

On the Ice
I love Mao's short program it's so beautiful, her dress is lovely and she killed it :love: and omg Adelina I'm so happy for you 2nd place :agree: everyone was so good today I wish them all luck in the free! I would have given Mao a higher score than 72, I would have given her 77 everything was perfect.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am so happy that Adelina finally delivered her true ability. Her face clearly showed she's in the right state of mind.
Although Anna is currently the last, I am truly impressed by her again. But can anyone tell me whether 2A is a real pet peeve for her? She seems to consistently pop this jump and whenever she made it, the quality did not seem to be as good as her other jumps.

its not a secret, axels is Pogorilaya's nemesis jump

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
David21 said:
An underotated <3A should not get a skater more points than a clean, well-done double axel IMO and that was clearly not the case here.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. An underrotated 3A is still a lot more difficult than a well done 2A.
What are you going to do with a downgraded jump? Give it -5 points just because? :rolleye:

miki88

Medalist
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. An underrotated 3A is still a lot more difficult than a well done 2A.
What are you going to do with a downgraded jump? Give it -5 points just because? :rolleye:

Haha. :laugh: He's probably satisfied only if she gets no points for it. I have my issues with Amano, but he's an Angel compared to some posters here. Sometimes, I feel ppl are just making up rules without having any real grasp of skating knowledge.

bebevia

On the Ice
Watching Mao's SP today got me speechless from satisfaction, and thank god I didn't cry (I'm at work!). Her reaction after the performance agrees with me :)

The 3A did look ur'ed, but quite smooth; therefore I agree with the judges with <, and I would've given +GOE had it not been for that (or +1 even with it with caffeins). For me, it was the first time I saw her get better and better as the program progressed, and most mature of her so far. I see pink roses blooming in the background whenever I replay this SP in my head (so embarrassing). Her combos were the least nervous I've seen from her, so I expect it to be beautiful with more refinement. She seemed perfectly engaged with the music after the second jump, probably due to no major errors to disturb her; shows how psyche affects artistry; even all other elements - jumps, spins - looked much more integrated with music.

I am really, really looking forward to the Olympics now! We can finally have some even rivalry!

* As for the Korean judge thing, don't expect any significant favours for Koreans from her.