Super Bowl! | Golden Skate

Super Bowl!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Another Super Bowl and of course, another Super Bowl party has come and gone........time to clean up left over chips, dip, pizza boxes, and bag up left over hot dogs and hamburgers........what a game....down to the last few seconds........the way any championship competition should end............42

Kasey

Medalist
My prediction was new England by 3....but I was anticipating a lower-scoring game, like 20-17. Wow, what a game! Definitely worth the watching!

Kasey

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I sold a house then went to the mall with my family for dinner and shopping! We had a ball! :laugh: :D :D :laugh:

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Great game -- if you're a football fan, which I'm not. (My Super Bowl is the Worlds!!) :) I did have it on in the last quarter with the sound off, looking over every now and then to see when it was going to be over so I could watch Survivor. And when he went out there to kick that field goal, all I could say, Oh, you'd just BETTER make that because I am NOT sitting through overtime!! But for the sake of you football fans out there, I am glad y'all got to see such a great game.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
None of you guys live in Boston, so you have no idea what a real superbowl party is like! I live on a street of 2- and 3- family houses -- itwas rocking well into the night! So far there has been one fatality, when a guy drove his truck into a crowd of people! Though, IMO, it's not qute as bad as it was 2 years ago, when the Patriot win was sort of a surprise.

Great game -- if you're a football fan, which I'm not. (My Super Bowl is the Worlds!!
Neither me not my fiance watch football. When he asked me, "Is it true that superbowl is supposed to be so very important", I replied, "Some people say it's even more important than FS Worlds!" :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any videos to share of Janet? A couple of women at work are making such a big to do about it. I re-watched Nationals so only saw the last 15 minutes of Super Bowl.

Dee

equestrianguy

On the Ice
So was Janet and Justin trying to get some media points after Madonna and Brit's little kiss? Or is Janet trying to disracted media attantion away from her brother MJ? A little of both I think! Justin, you can stop the "it was an accident" bull..lol

eliza88

On the Ice
That was a great game! I am glad that both teams fought to the finish! I think Belicheck (sp? the Patriots coach) is phenomenal! I loved their trick play for the 2-point conversion! I absolutely love football! Europeans and Worlds coming up will help me through my football withdrawl, then the draft in April will help, and then I will require baseball and tennis to pull me through till NFL preseason starts in August! Sigh...

I guess I missed the half-time exposure...that was one terrible half time show, IMO. Of course I am not a big Janet fan (she has a pretty voice but you can hardly ever hear it due to the heavy instrumentals), I don't really care for rap (some of the more political rap is fine or rap talking about "issues" I like, but not the party-type rap from the show), I also don't understand the Justin Timberlake phenomenon but then again I am not a teenage girl anymore! And Jessica Simpson's part was pointless...

eliza88

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I don't even know who played, let alone who won. I just think it was very lucky Janet just happened to be wearing her metallic nipple cover when that ''accident'' occured.

heyang

Record Breaker
I ended up at a last minute Super Bowl gathering. What amazed me was that 2 of my girlfriends actually attempted to watch the game. I'm not a huge football fan, but I know enough to enjoy a good game and last night's was most unusual in that it was a well played, exciting game.

As for Janet's exposure, our reaction was 'was that really her boob?' It was really so quick that we thought there may have been flesh colored fabric exposed. By the time I got home, CBS and MTV had issued their statements. Based upon Justin Timberlake's press release, I think he was only supposed to tear off the top layer of her outfit, but he got both instead. Janet really did look stunned when her boob was exposed.

On the Drudge report, "Janet Jackson denies that the nudity was deliberate, saying that Timberlake was supposed to rip away only the top layer and leave a bit of red lace behind... "

if you want a closer look, here's a link:
http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjj.htm

Some people on other boards are highly offended. If they really did intend to expose Janet that way, I think they should be fined by the FCC. If it was an accident, it's too bad for the viewing audience. In the past, half-time shows have been cheesy promotions for the producer. I can still see that Indiana Jones scene done by Universal when their theme park opened.

As for the commercials, the advertising firms need to come up with some new ideas. The commercials that were shown were not worth 2 1/4 million for air time.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
heyang said:
On the Drudge report, "Janet Jackson denies that the nudity was deliberate, saying that Timberlake was supposed to rip away only the top layer and leave a bit of red lace behind... "

I am just so glad I didn't watch this garbage. I'm even more glad that my little girl was not exposed to it. Now our kids can't even watch a football game without parents worrying that they might be exposed to things they have no business seeing. (I'm not referring specifically to her boob--I'm referring to watching JT tearing away her clothing. What kind of message is THAT supposed to send to kids? That it's okay to violate someone that way? That it's okay to LET someone do it?)

I'm taking my daughter to Disney On Ice this weekend. She wants to go so badly! She's nine--almost 10--and I thank my lucky stars that she does!

Pookie

Final Flight
The game was really good, not the usual Super Bowl blowout.

The half time show, not even considering the "clothing mishap" (like I believe that :rolleye: ) was the worst I have ever seen. If they want to bump and grind, let them do it on MTV. As SusanBeth said, isn't it just amazing Janet was wearing that pasty or whatever under her clothes?

On a brighter note, Josh Groban performed "You Raise Me Up" right before the game started. He may have been lipsyncing, I don't know, but it was still nice.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
This morning the Chairman of the FCC said they're conducting an investigation, not only because of the central smut incident, but because the entire half-time show was out of line.

Pookie

Final Flight
It definitely was in my opinion, RGal. I hope somebody gets nailed for it. Guess that doesn't sound very nice.

Blade1

On the Ice
I wasn't too pleased with the half time show myself. And it has nothing to do with the whole Janet Jackson exposing herself. Just the entertainment was BLAH, too much rap, and I'm not a huge fan of "Kid Rock" or "Nelly" or "P-Diddy" It was definitly an MTV production for sure and I don't blame the NFL wanting MTV to NEVER host another half time event ever again.

As for the game, not a big fan of football, however I was with my boyfriend who is an avid football fan, and of course I was cheering the team he wasn't cheering. Was funny to see NE winning - I was cheering away !!

It was a fun night ...

there seems to be a discussion on the half-time show. The choice is an MTV type or a return to crisp marching bands from the local high schools. Which do you prefer? = or=

would you like a Susan Strohman type of a choreographic presentation with good dancers and singers?

Joe

At least Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson did a good job of using choreography that interpreted the music. The lyrics go, "You'll be naked by the time I finish this song."

As for me, bring on the marching bands, Joe.

Mathman