Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Did Hanyu just do that? Skating last, after Patrick Chan who just broke 3 world records 3 weeks ago skating an amazing LP, pressure and all... and he didn't let the fall affect him, but slayed the rest of the program (minus the final spin)!

That's the highest TES ever so far, isn't it? With a fall... gawd, I can't get over it.

And the intensity was back! Not the holding back of last season's LP's... wonderboy indeed :)

M

mylastduchess

Congrats to all the medalists and wow Machida for coming back from yesterday!

That said, I think Hannyu's score was way too high... His PCS, especially SS is nowhere near near Patrick.
I don't think we'll see these scores at the Olympics.

I think a 5 point gap is fair

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Hahaha, so it's 102+ TES with a fall and a level 1 spin. He could have been close to 110 if clean :jaw:

This event: :love:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ah.

Yuzuru Hanyu actually can hit 110 points in TES as predicted if he does everything properly and assuming similiar GOE for his 4S as he got for the 4T.

mary01

Final Flight
Wow what a competition, I definitely thought that Patrick had it in the bag after seeing his score, but then Hanyu came out and skated brilliantly :clap:, even with the fall.
congrats to all the medalists, they all really did well

as a sidenote: I can't help but wonder how Patrick reacted to Hanyu's scores, right after the fall :popcorn:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hanyu. Wow. Just wow. That score with a fall, and one spin only level 1.

Not perfect at all, but it seems he's finally comfortable enough with the technical elements in that free program... to do what (IMO) he really excels at: skating with passion and soul. He was utterly spent at the end, he gave it everything (still needs more stamina!). Great move to keep last year's short, and perfect it... leaving him time to really get into his free program (I don't think he ever really did justice to last year's free).

I can't imagine Patrick will skate as "badly" as this (LOL, as if that was "bad"!) in Sochi, so it's GAME ON for the Olympics!

Well done Machida, who redeemed himself after the short, and Oda making the podium!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
In my predictions I put Chan in 1, but I'm soooooooooo glad I was wrong:biggrin: But really, I thought Chan was like..unbeatable?)Congrats to all the winners!

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Congrats to all the medalists and wow Machida for coming back from yesterday!

That said, I think Hannyu's score was way too high... His PCS, especially SS is nowhere near near Patrick.
I don't think we'll see these scores at the Olympics.

Couldnt agree more!! Chan lost it on the SP what a shame... Patricks PCS is far superior to anyone else and deservely so! i much i love hanyu, i think Patrick is much better and deserves the OGM! but here he lost to hanyu fairly but for me purely from the SP, he should have won the FS over Yuzu honestly, patricks program is much more interesting...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Couldnt agree more!! Chan lost it on the SP what a shame... Patricks PCS is far superior to anyone else and deservely so! i much i love hanyu, i think Patrick is much better and deserves the OGM! but here he lost to hanyu fairly but for me purely from the SP, he should have won the FS over Yuzu honestly, patricks program is much more interesting...

It also is much, much more easy.

Matilda

Medalist
What an amazing fighter Yuzuru is! The jump content in the second half of that FS is insane :jaw: And his interpretation is getting better and better. A deserved win for Yuzu!! :love: :bow: :clap:

Also so happy for Oda! :yay:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Just read that on the Hanyu fan forum: Hanyu is the 3rd youngest guy ever to win the GPF after Yagudin and Plush! :bow:

spread beagle

Rinkside

How can Chan deserve OGM now? It will have to be skated first in February or not? I think outcome was fair. Maybe Hanyu got a bit high pcs in some categories, his program is not one of my favorite too. Chan is clearly better for skating skills but first half of his program is very off the music I feel, second part is better in that way. I like more connection to music from him and the other skaters as well.

Leonardo

Final Flight
So, Patrick was clean and lost the free skate to a guy who fell! Karma is funny sometimes!...
If any Patrick's fan thinks that he deserved to win the free, JUST LOOK AT THE PROTOCOLS :laugh:

Gigi13

On the Ice
Yay Yuzuru won! :bow: and it's rightfully deserved that boy is a fighter and he has so much passion love this free skate! I'll be rooting for you in Sochi bby! :love:
and congrats to Oda for going on the podium! :clap:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I usually prefer Yuzuru's programs, but now I adore Patrick's LP.
Congrats to Yuzuru, Patrick and Nobu!