Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

zschultz1986

Final Flight
^or maybe he was just right...

Ok I'll walk away now.

I also hope everyone watched that Panda Bear recreate Irina's 2005 free as diligently as I did. Simply spellbinding.

I mean, I'm rarely outdone in the pun/innuendo. Well done. Also well done: The breeze that lifts Maxim's shirt up during that program.

samson

Medalist
I thought I could walk away, but evidently I can't. Or at least I won't... I can quit whenever I want to!

samson

Medalist
^You see. This is the kind of hard hitting, objective analysis that this sport needs right now.

samson

Medalist
I can tell by the fact that no one is discussing in this thread anymore that the level of intellect in the discourse here has clearly peaked.

supsu

On the Ice
I don't know about Maxim´s pants (though he's h-o-t).. but Robin's short prog's pants are too much.. u can see too much of his butt and also he has something biiiig in his pants on the front... :D

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's been a while since S/S skated so clean, right? Do V/T and S/S go to Europeans? Because British Eurosport said the next time they'll meet will be Olympics. I think so far V/T were sure to win anyway so they could go all out. And now the nervousness just got to them, because they weren't that sure of the win. Also being almost perfect at the end of September already, maybe they underestimated the length of the Olympic season?

One thing is for sure, though. They are Russian, the Olympics are in Russia. I think they even have a fall cushion on S/S, if the GP Final was the Olympics I wasn't sure if S/S would've won. The only thing that could take V/T's Gold away, imho, are they themselves. The pressure will be enormous at Olympics. Let's see.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
It's been a while since S/S skated so clean, right? Do V/T and S/S go to Europeans? Because British Eurosport said the next time they'll meet will be Olympics. I think so far V/T were sure to win anyway so they could go all out. And now the nervousness just got to them, because they weren't that sure of the win. Also being almost perfect at the end of September already, maybe they underestimated the length of the Olympic season?

One thing is for sure, though. They are Russian, the Olympics are in Russia. I think they even have a fall cushion on S/S, if the GP Final was the Olympics I wasn't sure if S/S would've won. The only thing that could take V/T's Gold away, imho, are they themselves. The pressure will be enormous at Olympics. Let's see.
I thought about it too. I think V/T have the home advantage, of course. But I do think they have no cushion. And also their PCS will fall if they will be inconsistent on their next competitions. I think they and germans will go to Euros, so we'll see the rematch :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Amazing from Savchenko/Szolkowy and Pang/Tong.

V/T should have finished 3rd place in the LP. They can have a team Gold Olympic medal. Give S/S or P/T the other Olympic Gold. Come on, make it happen fate.

Redstone

Rinkside
I'm both upset that V/T lost and glad it happened now, so they still have time to learn from their mistakes. Also, nice that they have a very healthy attitude about the situation. Crossing my fingers for the Olympics.
S/S did very well today, totaly deserved their win. But the shade of Aliona's dress and Robin's sleeves still annoy me.

Speaking of Max's appearance: you guys don't even know how hot he's in real life, lol.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

V/T should have finished in 3rd place. They can have a team Gold Olympic medal. Give S/S or P/T the other Olympic Gold. Come on, make it happen fate.

I thought I was the only one who felt V/T should have finished behind P/T at least on the LP portion. Also it drives me mad the fact that after a flat performance ofa mediocre program (choreography) they still won big on PCS in front of two lovely programs from P/T and S/S.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Did this event really happen? What is this Final? :laugh:

I'm beyond happy for S/S and P/T. Both have lovely LP''s (and should have been above V/T in the LP, especially in PCS), and both really needed these clean skates here. Please, make it to the Olympic podium with skates like that again! :love:

Oh, and I'm sorry, but Qing Pangs beauty >>>> Maxim Trankovs hotness :biggrin:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

V/T should have finished in 3rd place. They can have a team Gold Olympic medal. Give S/S or P/T the other Olympic Gold. Come on, make it happen fate.

I missed the Pairs competition (so I cannot comment until I see the videos) but I am very happy that S/S won
and P/T did so well.

IMO S/S and P/T are first class and I will be thrilled if fate smiles on them at the Olympics.

Congrats to the Medalists!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would appear the Olympic podium is shaping up to be V/T, S/S, and P/T. Neither Canadian team is really bringing it yet this season.