What is the best strategy for amazing Asada to challenge incredible Kim at the Games? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

What is the best strategy for amazing Asada to challenge incredible Kim at the Games?

Orc

Rinkside
Yes, Orc, you have named yourself well. And did you know that Julia's own coach thinks that Yuna skates like a goddess?

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?89116-Eteri-Tutberidze-interview-quot-Plushenko-can-be-a-good-bet-at-the-team-event-in-Sochi-quot

"I like many things about Yuna Kim. The way she jumps, starting the first jump in combination at the blue line and ending near the board. She has amazing transitions. She is very beautiful, with great, I would say, sense of posture. Knows exactly how to do this or that gesture, how to look. For me, she is undoubtedly number one now. No other athlete, in my opinion, is in the same league as an all-around champion."

I don't care what Julia's coach says. I think Yuna skates like a robot and Mao can't jump to save her life.

ahy

Final Flight
Saying that she skates like a robot is insane in my pt. of view. Did you watcg send in the clowns? Or even the programs before. She skates gracefully on ice!

Orc

Rinkside
Saying that she skates like a robot is insane in my pt. of view. Did you watcg send in the clowns? Or even the programs before. She skates gracefully on ice!

Yes I watched it and once again she shows little emotion. Her face expression is always the same as well. She looks like she's in constant pain. I don't call that artistry. I don't know.. maybe its her shy personality. She just doesn't seem to know a thing about acting. Shes musical, i'll give her that.

andyjo24

Medalist
Yes I watched it and once again she shows little emotion. Her face expression is always the same as well. She looks like she's in constant pain. I don't call that artistry. I don't know.. maybe its her shy personality. She just doesn't seem to know a thing about acting. Shes musical, i'll give her that.

Well, artistry is subjective. It does not necessarily have to equal acting. IMO, her artistry is one of the greatest. What I find incredible about her is that she doesn't need much facial expressions. She expresses the music with her body, particularly her arms. Ashley Wagner, on the other hand, has many different kinds of facial expressions, but I don't feel nearly half as much emotion from her than from Kim.

andyjo24

Medalist
There is no need to have a good strategy to beat Yuna. They are both on the same level. Mao has better artistry, but she unfortunately can't jump at all. How can this woman beat Julia when she can't even properly execute 2L? On the other hand, Yuna can jump, but she skates like a robot. It almost looks like she has no soul when she skates. Its kind of creepy... just my opinion though.

Although I like Mao's artistry (when she is on), she has not been showing too much of it these days in the LP because of the 3axel. The first quarter of her LP is all about setting up for the 3axel. No choreography at all... I'm hoping she gives up the two 3axel plan.

Robeye

Final Flight
I don't care what Julia's coach says. I think Yuna skates like a robot and Mao can't jump to save her life.
By your logic, what does it mean that Julia gets beat, and in all likelihood, will continue to get beat by these two? That Julia is a third rate skater who can neither jump nor emote?

Since I don't agree with that conclusion, I can only think that your premises are false, and that an Orc is merely a jumped-up troll.

Orc

Rinkside
By your logic, what does it mean that Julia gets beat, and in all likelihood, will continue to get beat by these two? That Julia is a third rate skater who can neither jump nor emote?

Since I don't agree with that conclusion, I can only think that your premises are false, and that an Orc is merely a jumped-up troll.

Don't mock me and I'm not a troll. I simply stated my opinion. Don't like it? Go praise your queens.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Why do people continue to claim that Mao Asada is incapable of doing a 2Lo? She has done perfectly fine 2Loop on occasions such as NHK 2012 (her first jump) and TEB 2008 (second jump). Beyond the solo 2Lo, she has done clean -2Lo combinations at least once every competition this season and last. One might as well say that Adelina can't do 3Flip despite her landing it in the SP for, oh every competition this season?

Orc

Rinkside
Why do people continue to claim that Mao Asada is incapable of doing a 2Lo? She has done perfectly fine 2Loop on occasions such as NHK 2012 (her first jump) and TEB 2008 (second jump). Beyond the solo 2Lo, she has done clean -2Lo combinations at least once every competition this season and last. One might as well say that Adelina can't do 3Flip despite her landing it in the SP for, oh every competition this season?

She always underrotates her 2L when she does her 3F-2L-2L combo. Besides that, she never landed her triple axels (her money jumps) clean this season. She also makes various mistakes and her jumps are also quite small and mediocre at best. I stopped caring for her after the olympics. Sure it's "brave" that she decided to start from scratch and relearn her techniques... but look at her. I think it was a waste of time. She still can't jump properly after all those years of training. If her federation wasn't so strong, she wouldn't be getting these huge scores.