Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Realsitically OSMOND will be lucky to be top ten. She is injured and hasn't really competed. Doesn't look good at all. HOwever, it appears ET might stay home and not qualify. Other than Julia the Russian ladies have not done all that well - though that is kind of a contradiction becaue they earned the majority of the GP spots.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too. :laugh:

You're being a bit inconsistent here. When Chan won competitions with glaring errors that should have affected his final placement, you had no qualms in defending the judging. Now you're blaming the judging at the GPF because Yuzuru won and Chan lost, or at least that Yuzuru's PCS are not what they should have been. :think:

wallylutz

Medalist
You're being a bit inconsistent here. When Chan won competitions with glaring errors that should have affected his final placement, you had no qualms in defending the judging. Now you're blaming the judging at the GPF because Yuzuru won and Chan lost. :think:

In case it was not obvious, it was a joke - in response to the Platinum medal non-sense. Anybody who seriously believe Putin would let anyone buy out Sochi, is well, detached from reality.

Krislite

Medalist
You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too. :laugh:

I have stopped worrying and have accepted the fact that Yuna's podium chances for Sochi are utterly doomed. It's obviously gonna be Asada, Lipnitskaia and Wagner in that order, as we all know the Grand Prix Final is a 100% accurate predictor of the Olympic podium.

wallylutz

Medalist
Realsitically OSMOND will be lucky to be top ten. She is injured and hasn't really competed. Doesn't look good at all. HOwever, it appears ET might stay home and not qualify. Other than Julia the Russian ladies have not done all that well - though that is kind of a contradiction becaue they earned the majority of the GP spots.

Russia only has 2 spots in ladies same as Canada, a fact that seems forgotten in this Russian ballerina buhaha.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I am not the one who injected race/nationality into this

You are endlessly obtuse. This is exactly what you said:

"Those authoritarian governments will stop at nothing for an Olympic medal."

Julia doesn't look like a 15 year old to me.

Then you haven't seen enough in your life. Look at Sasha Cohen in 2000, a "verified" 15 year old. She looks pretty much exactly like Julia Lipnitskaia.

wallylutz

Medalist
I have stopped worrying and have accepted the fact that Yuna's podium chances for Sochi are utterly doomed. It's obviously gonna be Asada, Lipnitskaia and Wagner in that order.

Given how Asada has been rewarded for under-rotated 3A and skates with multiple errors, your pessimism is justified. Asada's performance hasn't differed much from last 2 years, suddenly, she is being thrown monstrous scores one after the other. You figure what is going on because, well, I can't.

Some of the PCS given to the Russian ballerina are just jaw dropping imo, way out of proportion. Then again, Olympics will be in Sochi and Russians will not take a no for answer. That's just the way this world works unfortunately.

Wagner getting a medal in Sochi will be good for business but I don't know if she will however.

CarneAsada

Medalist
What double standard? I am not the one who injected race/nationality into this, you gotta thank BoP for that. Regardless of her nationality, Julia doesn't look like a 15 year old to me. I think the one having double standard is you. Chuckm was the one who pointed it out, I was merely agreeing with his observation. I suppose we can imply that it's because the U.S. lacks a real contender, which prompted chuckm to make this up, right?
Except chuckm was not openly accusing her of falsifying her age. You, on the other hand, did just that while self-righteously talking about authoritarian governments cheating.

wallylutz

Medalist
Except chuckm was not openly accusing her of falsifying her age. You, on the other hand, did while self-righteously talking about authoritarian governments cheating.

um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.

CarneAsada

Medalist
um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.
"I'm not saying she's guilty, I'm just saying she might be" - is that what you are aiming at? Of course you are free to express your suspicions, just like I am free to call you out for being hilariously biased against any skater without a Canadian connection. :)

Oh, nonsense. You do know Kaetlyn Osmond is going to win the Platinum medal in Sochi?
Funny how he so quickly changed your joke to an anti-Hanyu jab. The Chan fan must be really angry about the shoe being on the other foot.

wallylutz

Medalist
"I'm not saying she's guilty, I'm just saying she might be" - is that what you are aiming at? Of course you are free to express your suspicions, just like I am free to call you out for being hilariously biased against any skater without a Canadian connection.

In the Asada's 3A thread, you accused the OP of being a South Korean propaganda. In this thread, you accused me of being a Canadian lobbyist. Let's just say the pattern can't be any more clear. Instead of having a civilized discussion, let's just get personal with the person we can't agree with and accuse them of some sort of agenda or bias. Thanks but no thanks, this is the end of you and me (Ignore List +1).

CarneAsada

Medalist
In the Asada's 3A thread, you accused the OP of being a South Korean propaganda. In this thread, you accused me of being a Canadian lobbyist. Let's just say the pattern can't be any more clear. Instead of having a discussions, let's just get personal with the person we can't agree with and accuse them of some sort of agenda or bias. Thanks but no thanks, this is the end of you and me.
Lol? I have never accused anyone of being a South Korean propagandist. NMURA and I are not the same person. Nice try, though.

fadeevfan

Rinkside
I love Liza's jumps, but she looks to be someone who doesn't have the physical capability to have the proper stamina to be an elite athlete.
I think that once the dust settles after Sochi, the only wonderbaby standing will be Adelina. The rest will fall by the wayside (even Elena, and I love her to bits).

I spent the weekend catching up with much of this season, and agree completely with this. Adelina has her peaks and valleys, but has been relatively consistent, and glided through her adolescence largely unscathed. She's the complete package. If she continues to iron out her programs, I actually think she's got the best crack at the podium outside the big 3.

Julia is still a wild card to me; she's very well-trained, has big skills, but she's going to grow, and then we'll know. Liza's a wild card still. When her body stops tormenting her, we'll get a sense of where the chips fall. She's still so young -- she has plenty of time to continue to develop. Silly to write her off any time soon.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Agreed, Julia looks like a 10-11 year old girl, so much so that I am starting to wonder whether this is yet another case of falsified age for Olympic Games as they do in gymnastics. I guess we'll never know. Those authoritarian governments will stop at nothing for an Olympic medal.

Wow you guys are silly. Julia doesn't look 10 or 11, idk what 10 year olds you're used to seeing. She's an elite athlete, so her body will look different than someone who is not an elite athlete. And yes, some figure skaters look like "normal girls" (primarily the ones that get called fat on boards when clearly they aren't) but others look like highly trained athletes. Saying she's flat chested or doesn't have hips is a moot point - Mao and Adelina are flat-chested and Gracie Gold has no hips - yet they are all woman and no one is questioning their age. I feel bad for Julia because it seems like a bunch of people think it's not fair or she's not truly deserving of a medal in Sochi because she's "a little kid" and that makes it easier for her. Hate to break it to you, but Julia made the age limits, and her skills and consistency and fortitude for a 15 year old athlete is super impressive regardless of how old or young she looks. Lipinski and Hughes won OGM at 15 and 16 respectively, and in this sport, that's the age a lot of girls reach their peak, whether you like it or not and whether it speaks to the fact that young, thin bodies with less curves are more favorable to success in this sport, that's the way it is. I get mad when people tear down the likes of Julia, or Elena or Anna for that matter, being like "Oh they are young and skinny so of course it's easier to jump", so what, they made the age limits to compete on the GP and they did a really good job, that's the reality of the situation. Plus the age rumors are ridiculous, there are plenty of 15 year old girls that look just like Julia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
chuckm is Canadian!? I think he may take offense to that.

Seriously, you should know better. Canadian girls, just like American girls, come in over 100+ ethnicities. They don't look alike and there is not a set standard on how they should look like. For you to imply Canadian girls are all big & "mature" at 15 is just ill-informed.

then read a book
Russia is as diverse or even more diverse than Canada or the USA, it has over 200+ ethnicities
did you know Tuk is an ethnic Udmurt, Adian Pitkeev is half Bashkir, Anton Sikhuralidze is Georgian descent just to name some

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Given how Asada has been rewarded for under-rotated 3A and skates with multiple errors, your pessimism is justified. Asada's performance hasn't differed much from last 2 years, suddenly, she is being thrown monstrous scores one after the other. You figure what is going on because, well, I can't.

Some of the PCS given to the Russian ballerina are just jaw dropping imo, way out of proportion. Then again, Olympics will be in Sochi and Russians will not take a no for answer. That's just the way this world works unfortunately.

Wagner getting a medal in Sochi will be good for business but I don't know if she will however.

Typical Bitter Canadian :slink: :laugh:

wallylutz

Medalist
then read a book
Russia is as diverse or even more diverse than Canada or the USA, it has over 200+ ethnicities
did you know Tuk is an ethnic Udmurt, Adian Pitkeev is half Bashkir, Anton Sikhuralidze is Georgian descent just to name some

I don't think you want to go there - as to the raison d'etre of why or how these racial minorities ended up there in the first place under one flag or how they live or are treated right now and why there is still bloodsheds going on today. If we go there, it would be too hot even for Le Café, so let's just leave it at that. And yes, I am aware. Angelika Krylova in fact has Mongolian heritage. BoP launched the race bait, let's just skip it completely.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

lol, the bitter Canadians just keep coming
then why did you said that if its a contradiction ? :scratch:

disappointing eh ? so where are the ladies Canadian medals ? oh yeah Canada has no ladies
and the mighty Osmond that will crush all the Russian ladies is no more
she is busy landing on her butt !!! :rofl:

Osmond is a Non Factor for Sochi
boo hoo :cry:
bo ho hu hu hu