Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't think you want to go there - as to the raison d'etre of why or how these racial minorities ended up there in the first place under one flag or how they live or are treated right now and why there is still bloodsheds going on today. If we go there, it would be too hot even for Le Café, so let's just leave it at that. And yes, I am aware. Angelika Krylova in fact has Mongolian heritage. BoP launched the race bait, let's just skip it completely.

ike the native north americans ? I know that and what happened now under one flag

because you mentioned bringing up race and me being of mixed heritage
I find that offensive

wallylutz

Medalist
ike the native north americans ? I know that and what happened now under one flag

because you mentioned bringing up race and me being of mixed heritage
I find that offensive

I am not aware native Americans putting bombs in Washington DC or blowing up buses today, are you?

Maybe you should just go back at beating up Osmond or any other injured skaters since you obviously derive a lot of fun from doing that.

disappointing eh ? so where are the ladies Canadian medals ? oh yeah Canada has no ladies
and the mighty Osmond that will crush all the Russian ladies is no more
she is busy landing on her butt !!! :rofl:

Osmond is a Non Factor for Sochi
boo hoo :cry:
bo ho hu hu hu

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am not aware native Americans putting bombs in Washington DC or blowing up buses today, are you?

I suggest reading ones own history and its native people ;)
education is very key to the world indeed :)

makes me more proud I have lived all over the world

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Maybe you should just go back at beating up Osmond or any other injured skaters since you obviously derive a lot of fun from doing that.

or maybe stop at accusing skaters of being underage and falsfying age without any proof
Agreed, Julia looks like a 10-11 year old girl, so much so that I am starting to wonder whether this is yet another case of falsified age for Olympic Games as they do in gymnastics. I guess we'll never know. Those authoritarian governments will stop at nothing for an Olympic medal.

lets also accept the FACT that Canada has no ladies to content with, Osmond is a Non Factor :)
end the story here

I wish you guys would have mercy on the poor overworked moderators who have to go through this thread and delete all the off-topic stuff. ;)

Anyway, Elizaveta T. is a delight and I hope she regains her competitive edge soon.

wallylutz

Medalist
or maybe stop at accusing skaters of being underage and falsfying age without any proof
lets also accept the FACT that Canada has no ladies to content with, Osmond is a Non Factor :)

end the story here

I hate to break it to you because you have been wishing ills to a lot of skaters you don't like for a long time, wishing them becoming ill or injured or had mishaps in competitions, let's just say this is quite appalling. I never brought up Osmond in this thread but since you insisted, well, gotta make you nervous :

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2014/2014CHALL/2014CHALLSrWomenFreesegJudgesDetails.pdf

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...enior-womens-title-at-skate-canada-challenge/

Parallel to the GPF, let's just say her Free Skate on the same weekend was a lot cleaner than some of the ladies at GPF, despite her injuries.

wallylutz

Medalist
I wish you guys would have mercy on the poor overworked moderators who have to go through this thread and delete all the off-topic stuff. ;)

Anyway, Elizaveta T. is a delight and I hope she regains her competitive edge soon.

Or she could accept the marriage proposal from an Irish member of this forum and skate for Ireland - no need to worry about her spot anymore, problem solved. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hate to break it to you because you have been wishing ills to a lot of skaters you don't like for a long time, wishing them becoming ill or injured or had mishaps in competitions, let's just say this is quite appalling. I never brought up Osmond in this thread but since you insisted, well, gotta make you nervous :

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...enior-womens-title-at-skate-canada-challenge/

Parallel to the GPF, let's just say her Free Skate on the same weekend was a lot cleaner than some of the ladies at GPF, despite her injuries.

where did I ever mentioned I wanted an injury for a skater ? :disapp:
on the contrary even to my disliked skaters I never wish for any injury to anyone

also a National inflated event is not counted
nervous for what ?

why not accept it, just as US has no chance in Pairs medal, Russian men, Japanese Couples, Chinese Ladies
is it that hard to accept no Canadian Ladies will medal ?

also this thread was about Tuk
not sure why age falsification was brought up :unsure:
Agreed, Julia looks like a 10-11 year old girl, so much so that I am starting to wonder whether this is yet another case of falsified age for Olympic Games as they do in gymnastics. I guess we'll never know. Those authoritarian governments will stop at nothing for an Olympic medal.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Liza was much tinier than Julia from ages 10-15 but now she has grown up too. Everybody does. I ve been watching Julia since she was 10 years old, and was skating to Kung Fu Panda (so yes she couldnt have been 5 then) and now she is a pretty normal 15 year old girl. She will probably go through some more changes but nobody knows, there were skaters who passed through puberty with less problems.
And it is wiser to stay on topic.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Agreed and bring back the triple axel too!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Liza was much tinier than Julia from ages 10-15 but now she has grown up too. Everybody does. I ve been watching Julia since she was 10 years old, and was skating to Kung Fu Panda (so yes she couldnt have been 5 then) and now she is a pretty normal 15 year old girl. She will probably go through some more changes but nobody knows, there were skaters who passed through puberty with less problems.
And it is wiser to stay on topic.

also Tuk has stayed petite in her height but she filled out a lot, too bad from her mother's genetics
and to say Julia looks like a 10-12 year old is baffling, look at her in GPF Banquet she is almost as tall a Mao now

http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5882/Srp7WHtBoU4.jpg
http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5859/aXX4gm64zr0.jpg

Panini

On the Ice
I've never been to a pediatrician's office in Russia but I'm willing to bet that you'll see more than a few 15-year olds that look like Julia. People have different genetics, different diets, different lifestyle habits, different onset of puberty, etc. etc. You can't tell someone's age by what they look like unless you have a built-in bone age scanner and even then, bone age isn't universally accurate. If you don't think official documents are trustworthy because they can be falsified, then you've basically closed the debate. You're not just suspicious, you're suspicious /and/ you won't be satisfied by any attempts to "prove" Julia's innocence.

I feel like if Julia does end up winning a medal, some people will inevitably raise a ruckus about her age, because it's a sure way to taint her accomplishment. If she's guilty, she's guilty, if she's innocent, she's still guilty! Because she's from Russia and therefore all official documents are bogus :rolleye: I'm not sure why a country's track record is relevant. Does this mean track and field fans don't take American wins seriously anymore, since they have such a fabulous history with doping?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
also Tuk has stayed petite in her height but she filled out a lot, too bad from her mother's genetics
and to say Julia looks like a 10-12 year old is baffling, look at her in GPF Banquet she is almost as tall a Mao now

http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5882/Srp7WHtBoU4.jpg
http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5859/aXX4gm64zr0.jpg

Yeah, if Julia is 10 then Proklova must be about 6....but wait. People are silly. To me Julia and Anna look about the same age - the age they are, 15. Julia also looks young because unlike a lot of the other girls, she doesn't dye her hair, pile on the makeup, or wear precocious "sexy" costumes. If Julia were to switch costumes, hair, and makeup with Anna (who is almost the exact same age - they are 2 months apart), I don't think people would say she looks 10, and similarly, Anna might not seem so "sophisticated"/"mature" in Julia's costumes, makeup, and no dye in her hair. Julia is tasteful and very natural in her appearance, and I think more than anything this is why she seems young to some.

Also, growing up doesn't always spell doom for a skater. For example, Gracie, Anna, and Polina Edmunds were decent skaters as little kids but accomplished their best achievements to date DURING prime growing years. And some skaters reach their peak in their 20s even - Rochette, Wagner, Czisny, Marchei, Korpi, Lepisto, etc. Julia won't keep her 15 year old body for forever, but the changes she experiences in the future could be quite slight or rather significant, as could the effects (negative or positive) they have on her skating. We'll just have to wait and see. But the rumors of her being underage and Russia trying to sneak her into the Olympics illegally is silly.

Welcome, Panini! Post often, post long!

I'v Does this mean track and field fans don't take American wins seriously anymore, since they have such a fabulous history with doping?

A little bit off topic, but I am quite convinced that all elite track and field athletes are on performance enhancing drugs, if they can afford it. Just like we found out a few years ago that all cyclists are. It only makes sense. If you take performance enhancing drugs, your performance will be enhanced and you will win. If you don't, your performance is not enhanced and you lose.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I truly doubt Julia is lying about her age. Russia would have had to plan this a long time ago and it is only recently that she has become a standout skater. The country already had plenty of promising up-and-comers and it was only in the last few months that Julia has surpassed them all. There are tiny 15 years olds; she is no bigger than Tara or Sasha at that age. However, I do think if she grows wider she will have to alter her jump technique substantially to be able to rotate her triples.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Thank you mathman, drivingmissdaidy and sliverlake for attempting to bring some sanity back. These accusations of age falsifications are sounding WAY too much like the 2008 Olympics. Accusing the home team that's loaded with talent of cheating. Julia packages herself appropriately which is refreshing to see. No need to overdo it at that age.

Back on topic here!! Liza isn't over yet, as said skaters HAVE peaked in their 20s. One example of a skater who struggled after growing then came back stronger, Irina Slutskaya. Liza may do that.

Robeye

Final Flight
I truly doubt Julia is lying about her age. Russia would have had to plan this a long time ago and it is only recently that she has become a standout skater. The country already had plenty of promising up-and-comers and it was only in the last few months that Julia has surpassed them all. There are tiny 15 years olds; she is no bigger than Tara or Sasha at that age. However, I do think if she grows wider she will have to alter her jump technique substantially to be able to rotate her triples.
Looks like some people have figured out how to overdose on cheesy Angelina Jolie thrillers. ;)

"The defector begins by saying that his name is Orlov and proceeds by telling her a story about a Russian espionage program set up during the Cold War in which children of American families were kidnapped then replaced with Russian children that had been trained to be sleeper cell spies by a Russian official in hopes of restoring Russia's dominance one day." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/synopsis?ref_=ttpl_pl_syn

hanca

Record Breaker
Not to mention, Russia has public webside with competitive results and dates of birth of all their elite skaters. Anyone can check that out, and for the last few years I have been doing it (and I think thousands of other people too). So if anyone wanted to falsificate Russian skaters ages, they would have to start when the skaters is perhaps 7-8 years old, because as soon as they start showing any promise (even if they are still in novice category) their date of birth is already in public domain. Therefore, the Russians would have to falsificate the dates of birth of everyone, because they wouldn't know who will make it and who won't. For example, there are included skaters who are 9-10 years old.

The webside:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters.html

If you click on any letter from the alphabet, you will get a list of skaters starting with that letter. Then you click on that name and get their date of birth, name of coach, competitive results etc.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Silly people.

China is the place falsifying ages now, didn't you know? ;)

(As an aside, I'm fairly sure there was actually a Chinese pair recently who were found to be not the ages they said they were - I think it ended up that he was 24 and she was 11 or something like that.)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Really? I think that there are no falsifications here o_O And how could Rus Fed know that it would be Julia in the role of contender? Where is the logic?
And going back to thread - I think that Tuk is really young and has loads of time to mature and to return her jumps. I hope she'll make it to Sochi.