Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 Dates and Schedule? | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 Dates and Schedule?

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
So any dear Japanese who wants to inform us of the time and dates of Japanese nationals??

NMURA

Medalist
Venue: Saitama Super Arena

Dec. 21
15:15-15:45 Ice Dance SD
16:00-16:30 Pairs SP
16:45-20:45 Men SP

Dec. 22
14:20-18:20 Ladies SP
18:35-22:30 Men FS

Dec. 23
14:30-15:10 Ice Dance FD
15:25-15:55 Pairs FS
16:15-20:00 Ladies FS

Dec. 24
17:30-20:30 MOI Gala

NMURA

Medalist
Official Results in English
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2013-2014/fs_e/nationals/index.htm

Entries

Men
1 Daisuke Isozaki
2 Shoma Uno
3 Ryoichi Eguchi
4 Nobunari Oda
5 Takahiko Kozuka
6 Takuya Kondo
7 Masaki Kondo
8 Akio Sasaki
9 Kento Suginaka
10 Daisuke Takahashi
11 Kota Tadano
12 Keiji Tanaka
13 Yuya Tamada
14 Yoji Tsuboi
15 Kazuki Tomono
16 Kento Nakamura
17 Kosuke Nozoe
18 Ryo Norimatsu
19 Takaya Hashizume
20 Yuzuru Hanyu
21 Ryuju Hino
22 Taichi Honda
23 Tatsuki Machida
24 Takahito Mura
25 Daisuke Murakami
26 Koshin Yamada
27 Sota Yamamoto
28 Takumi Yamamoto
29 Kohei Yoshino

Ladies
1 Mao Asada
2 Miki Ando
3 Haruka Imai
4 Saya Ueno
5 Miyabi Oba
6 Mayuko Okamoto
7 Riona Kato
8 Mariko Kihara
9 Shion Kokubun
10 Kaho Komaki
11 Kaori Sakamoto
12 Risa Shoji
13 Akiko Suzuki
14 Saya Suzuki
15 Shiori Tanikawa
16 Kako Tomotaki
17 Miyu Nakashio
18 Yuki Nishino
19 Yukiko Fujisawa
20 Ayaka Hosoda
21 Rika Hongo
22 Yura Matsuda
23 Mai Mihara
24 Satoko Miyahara
25 Kanako Murakami
26 Kana Muramoto
27 Ibuki Mori
28 Ayana Yasuhara
29 Sakura Yamada
30 Mayu Yamamoto

Pairs
1 Narumi Takahashi / Ryuichi Kihara
Junior Pairs
1 Ami Koga / Francis Boudreau-Audet
2 Sumire Suto / Konstantin Chizhikov

Ice Dance
1 Shizuru Agata / Kentaro Suzuki
2 Chinatsu Nakazawa / Kokoro Mizutani
3 Emi Hirai / Marien De La Asuncion
4 Cathy Reed / Chris Reed

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled to see 2 junior pairs, and a dance team I haven't seen before, Agata & Suzuki!

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
:popcorn: Im soo excited for Japanese Nationals to begin!! Talk about a magical & exciting early Christmas present :love:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
:popcorn: Im soo excited for Japanese Nationals to begin!! Talk about a magical & exciting early Christmas present :love:

I knooow right??? Just a couple more days and usualy theres always hd youtube videos. But would be nice to have link to livestream to anyone?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Will IceNetwork be showing any of Japanese Nationals?

Very doubtful. I'm pretty sure NHK or a different Japanese network has all of the broadcasting rights. Hopefully someone will provide us with a feed though...:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think people in Japan are going to get a live stream! IIRC in the past they've taped delayed everything so Fuji TV (I think they're the ones broadcasting it) could show it in primetime. So any stream would be the tape delay television version.

That said, I totally think it's possible for Ice Network to get sub-broadcasting rights to Japanese nationals from the television network or direct broadcasting rights from JSF one of these years. I'm sure they'd love the opportunity (and funds) that come with exposing it to a broader audience.

For example, given the popularity of Korean dramas in the U.S., the broadcasting stations in Korea has extended rights to those dramas to livestreaming sites like Drama Fever.

Also it's worth noting that Japanese television stations have broadcasted U.S. Nationals in the past. I'm sort of curious what USFSA gets for extending those rights to them.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
it was shared on Yuzuru's fan forum that the men sp and the men's free (maybe also ladies sp... not sure) will be broadcast live on Fuji tv. they'll also be announcing the Japanese Olympic team live right after the ladies free broadcast

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Venue: Saitama Super Arena

Dec. 21
15:15-15:45 Ice Dance SD
16:00-16:30 Pairs SP
16:45-20:45 Men SP

Dec. 22
14:20-18:20 Ladies SP
18:35-22:30 Men FS

Dec. 23
14:30-15:10 Ice Dance FD
15:25-15:55 Pairs FS
16:15-20:00 Ladies FS

Dec. 24
17:30-20:30 MOI Gala
Where did you find this schedule? I'm not seeing any timings yet, on the "starting order/details" pages, linked on the results page.

I am confused by the JSF site: The main page says the competition runs 21-24 Dec... but the results pages say 20-23 Dec o_O

I'm hoping the results pages will show live scoring, like the ISU site...?

malo42

On the Ice
That said, I totally think it's possible for Ice Network to get sub-broadcasting rights to Japanese nationals from the television network or direct broadcasting rights from JSF one of these years. I'm sure they'd love the opportunity (and funds) that come with exposing it to a broader audience.

For example, given the popularity of Korean dramas in the U.S., the broadcasting stations in Korea has extended rights to those dramas to livestreaming sites like Drama Fever.

Korea and Japan are completely different in regards to these things. You see Korean dramas but you almost never see Japanese dramas broadcast on a livestreaming site in the US, I think there's maybe one a season. It would take a very, very long time if ever before Japanese nats would be streamed in ice network or anything else like that.

ks777

Record Breaker
I don't think people in Japan are going to get a live stream! IIRC in the past they've taped delayed everything so Fuji TV (I think they're the ones broadcasting it) could show it in primetime. So any stream would be the tape delay television version.

Also it's worth noting that Japanese television stations have broadcasted U.S. Nationals in the past. I'm sort of curious what USFSA gets for extending those rights to them.

I did not know that Korean soap shows were popular in the US.. I live in the US and have never heard or seen them..

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Oh boy, victory and heartbreak await us.

I did not know that Korean soap shows were popular in the US.. I live in the US and have never heard or seen them..

Where I love in America, there's a significant Korean population and two Korean channels are available on television.

futureidol

On the Ice
For those wondering about a feed. The only way I've found it possible to watch Fuji TV is to download an app. called KeyHoleTV. Sign in, click 'Program' and find フジテレビ on the list, double click and you'll get the feed.

But fair warning, the stream is terrible and pauses/stobes every few seconds. You'll also lose the feed every 10 minutes or so and have to reboot. It's not even really bearable to watch with sound either because of the pausing. But if you want to watch sort of moving pictures, and get a vague idea about how the skaters skated, give it a try.

Oh and that's if they're even showing the events live, in the past it's been on tape delay. Not sure about this season. I am actually watching Fuji TV now, and they showed the arena and fluff with Mao, Dai and co. They'll definitely be showing something at some point.

But in all honesty, it's not worth the effort. You might as well watch the scores and then wait for the YouTube vids.