NBC Coverage of Grand Prix Final - December 8, 2013 | Golden Skate

NBC Coverage of Grand Prix Final - December 8, 2013

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC is showing Oda's FS now. Meryl and Charlie should be on the broadcast too :)!!! I am thrilled.

Hi, SS. :)
Don't remember whether you're the one who has started previous NBC threads. In any case, a friendly suggestion for next time:
If you're putting the thread in The Edge, I think that the thread title should include the name of the competition -- Rostelecom, GPF, or whatever -- both for posterity, and out of respect for our friends outside the U.S. who are keeping track of other competitions. Thanks.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Great idea golden411! Um.. how can I edit the title of the thread? :slink:

Hi, SS. :)
Don't remember whether you're the one who has started previous NBC threads. In any case, a friendly suggestion for next time:
If you're putting the thread in The Edge, I think that the thread title should include the name of the competition -- Rostelecom, GPF, or whatever -- both for posterity, and out of respect for our friends outside the U.S. who are keeping track of other competitions. Thanks.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Patrick just said he "let Hanyu win this one." Oh Patrick... I love your programs but ...

sweetskates1

Medalist
pftt...

Commentator called D/W the clear OGM favorites and called their 1.35 point win over V/M convincing... what a load of ...

D/W are so great that when they have a good performance like they did at the GPF we expect sublime. I did not think this performance was sublime. I actually think it was 'cleaner' than at NHK but not as impressive.

Chan was interviewed and he mentioned having won enough GPF to be able to appreciate the smaller things. He is confident he will win the Olympics.

Amei

Record Breaker
The more I see Elena Radinova's Long program - the more I hate it.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Patrick just said he "let Hanyu win this one." Oh Patrick... I love your programs but ...

Despicable! One of the reasons I detest Patrick Chan; if anyone deserves to lose the Olympics, it's him! He's said a lot of horrible things in interviews, disrespecting Plushenko, etc., but this one takes the cake!

sweetskates1

Medalist
Julia is good but there are at least five other skaters I would rather see on the podium. She is not great yet.

Amei

Record Breaker
Despicable! One of the reasons I detest Patrick Chan; if anyone deserves to lose the Olympics, it's him! He's said a lot of horrible things in interviews, disrespecting Plushenko, etc., but this one takes the cake!

This not only disrespects Hanyu, but all the competitors of the GP series, there are only 6 spots in the final, if you're not going to skate your all then stay home and let someone else have your spot.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
pftt...

Commentator called D/W the clear OGM favorites and called their 1.35 point win over V/M convincing... what a load of ...

D/W are so great that when they have a good performance like they did at the GPF we expect sublime. I did not think this performance was sublime. I actually think it was 'cleaner' than at NHK but not as impressive. ...

:agree: Agree with your complaints against Schlanger after showing Davis/White's FD.
Virtue/Moir broke D/W's world records in both the SD and FD ... and then D/W broke both of V/M's minutes-old WRs.
Although D/W are Americans and NBC is an American network, shame on Schlanger for ignoring the real take-home message of the GPF dance competition: the rivalry btwn D/W and V/M is very much alive. :yes:

On a different subject: glad that NBC acknowledged the pairs competition this time. :)

And thanks to SS and to the mods for getting the thread title changed. :bow:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Bored watching Ashley ..... Johnny thinks that the audience did not connect with her FP performance.

not surprised - I was at TEB and her gala performance was the most boring skate I ever witnessed.

sweetskates1

Medalist
They should add another hour and show Ice Dancing and Pairs programs.

Thank you to the moderators for changing the title of the thread!

:agree: Agree with your complaints against Schlanger after showing Davis/White's FD.
Virtue/Moir broke D/W's world records in both the SD and FD ... and then D/W broke both of V/M's minutes-old WRs.
Although D/W are Americans and NBC is an American network, shame on Schlanger for ignoring the real take-home message of the GPF dance competition: the rivalry btwn D/W and V/M is very much alive. :yes:

On a different subject: glad that NBC acknowledged the pairs competition this time. :)

And thanks to SS and to the mods for getting the thread title changed. :bow:

penguin

On the Ice

Ack, I really want to love Patrick as a skater since I love his skating, but he says things like this too often for me to actually like him.

Barb

Record Breaker

Why he doesn´t shut up?, if he thinks like that it is ok, but why he needs scream it? :disapp: