Lunch and Dinner | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lunch and Dinner

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
For anyone attending events at BCEC over the weekend - could post whether anything is open in late afternoon or evening? In looking at the info for BCEC it seems like Starbucks at the Westin and one other place might be open and that's it. I won't be in Boston until Monday but I'm curious about supper on Monday and Tuesday when I'm at BCEC. Might be the only option is the restaurant in the Westin.

Thanks.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, what is wrong with the Atlantic Beer Garden, the Whiskey Priest, Legal Test Kitchen, Rosa Mexicano and Salvatorres? Don't know about hours of Pace and sons, Sebastians, Trio café.
For anyone attending events at BCEC over the weekend - could post whether anything is open in late afternoon or evening? In looking at the info for BCEC it seems like Starbucks at the Westin and one other place might be open and that's it. I won't be in Boston until Monday but I'm curious about supper on Monday and Tuesday when I'm at BCEC. Might be the only option is the restaurant in the Westin.

Thanks.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think the Whiskey Priest, Atlantic Beer Garden, Legal Test Kitchen and Salvatores all sound good. I don't eat pasta and pizza, but I found a variety of food at all that would work. I thought that Rosa Mexicano was kind of pricey and they didn't seem to have the kind of stuff I usually order.

The hours I found for Sebastians are Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I don't think they are open on weekends. Trio Café sounds good to me but I couldn't find hours anyplace. J. Pace shows hours of 6 a.m.to 8:00p.m. Mon thru Fri; 8 - 8 on Saturday; and 8 - 5 p.m. on Sunday. Pace has take out; eat in; and a salad bar.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah, I have been trying to convince Sebastians to open on weekends and stay open later...I don't think they quite believe me that there will be anyone at the three hotels in Championship village.....or maybe everyone can afford to eat at the Aura. I will have to find breakfast somewhere on Sunday morning, but if I eat at the Aura will I need tails? I owned a tie once.....I agree after looking at their website that Rosa's doesn't seem like my kind of place....Pace has an eat in area?
I think the Whiskey Priest, Atlantic Beer Garden, Legal Test Kitchen and Salvatores all sound good. I don't eat pasta and pizza, but I found a variety of food at all that would work. I thought that Rosa Mexicano was kind of pricey and they didn't seem to have the kind of stuff I usually order.

The hours I found for Sebastians are Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I don't think they are open on weekends. Trio Café sounds good to me but I couldn't find hours anyplace. J. Pace shows hours of 6 a.m.to 8:00p.m. Mon thru Fri; 8 - 8 on Saturday; and 8 - 5 p.m. on Sunday. Pace has take out; eat in; and a salad bar.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I called Pace a month or so ago and they said they have an eat in area. They might do an order at the counter and then have tables. I am going to call them tomorrow and check their hours again and ask about the eat in area. I'm also going to call Trio Café and see if I can get their hours/days. I'm actually buying cold cuts and cheese at Pace for breakfast in my room, but I may be able to use one of these places for lunch if I am in the area.

I'm planning on calling tomorrow and I'll post whatever info I get. Probably the people at Sebastians do most of their business with workers in the surrounding area and not hotel guests. If you use Aura you probably won't need tails, but you will need a credit card or quite a few $$$$.

Oh, one other thing since you will be at BCEC I asked the MA Convention Center about food choices inside the BCEC after 2p.m. They told me about MJO'Connor, restaurant in the Westin and Starbucks. I am getting the impression that there won't be any food options in BCEC later in the day...maybe not even coffee or water so don't go there hungry! You may find on Sunday that the info I was given was wrong, but take snacks with you.

Yeah, I have been trying to convince Sebastians to open on weekends and stay open later...I don't think they quite believe me that there will be anyone at the three hotels in Championship village.....or maybe everyone can afford to eat at the Aura. I will have to find breakfast somewhere on Sunday morning, but if I eat at the Aura will I need tails? I owned a tie once.....I agree after looking at their website that Rosa's doesn't seem like my kind of place....Pace has an eat in area?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
am I the only one who has no problem eating the same arena food for 10 days? LOL you guys and your research is amazing! :rock:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Toni I would be happy to eat at the arena but the food is v e r y expensive as are most of the restaurants. I just really don't want to spend $50+ a day on food :eek:

Anyway, I called J. Pace and talked to the manager. Their hours are Mon - Sat. 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.. On Sunday they are open 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You order at the counter, pay, and take your food to a table - sort of cafeteria style. They sell deli meats, cheese, hot food, subs, beer and wine.

Trio Café at 33A Boston Fish Pier is open Mon - Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. They are not open on the weekends.

That's it for now!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great info, M! I should go back to Pace on the web and see if they are selling anything with eggs and coffee at 6:30 am...Trio sounds like winner, too. I am putting this info into my eating sheet right now....
Toni I would be happy to eat at the arena but the food is v e r y expensive as are most of the restaurants. I just really don't want to spend $50+ a day on food :eek:

Anyway, I called J. Pace and talked to the manager. Their hours are Mon - Sat. 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.. On Sunday they are open 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You order at the counter, pay, and take your food to a table - sort of cafeteria style. They sell deli meats, cheese, hot food, subs, beer and wine.

Trio Café at 33A Boston Fish Pier is open Mon - Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. They are not open on the weekends.

That's it for now!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Arena food quality and availability is all over the map....At San Jose, there wasn't any till later in the week unless your idea of breakfast is a donut and a cup of coffee....some arenas have very nice salads for sale along with the hot dogs and burgers....at Worlds LA 2009, they closed the "in the arena" McDonalds at 12:30 pm sharp as they didn't want to pay their employees overtime, despite the long lines. At Cleveland, we were told the food workers had day jobs so no food during the week. You never know. I like to go to restaurants with friends as a social event and get away for awhile from the stimulation of the arena....but sometimes, there is no time to go out and arena food is it...that is why I have a big breakfast, small lunch, medium dinner...the good thing about the TD is there are pleanty of reasonably priced restauants just south of the arena, if there is time....many with appetizers/salads which could pass for a meal. I just hope I don't have to arm wrestle Simon and Marissa for a table at a restaurant near the Championship village...they would win!
Hungry chris
am I the only one who has no problem eating the same arena food for 10 days? LOL you guys and your research is amazing! :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just remember the hotels having room service late for us.. or even their restaurants staying open later at nationals in 2006 and 2008.

RobinA

On the Ice

I wish I were like you.

Aside from the prices, which just infuriate me, too much arena food just makes me feel bad by the end of the second day. I try to eat real food most of the time and then supplement with arena food. I long for the days when we could bring our own food. I actually bought MORE arena food then, because I was bringing my own good stuff. Now it's a fight to find anything nutritious either inside or outside the arena, so arena food has become last on my list. It's not that I don't LOVE hot dogs and chicken fingers, just not at every meal.

tulosai

Record Breaker
For those on something of a budget, there are almost always grocery stores in walking distance in urban areas it's just sometimes hard to know where exactly to find them... I know there there is a whole foods less than half a mile away on cambridge street. now of course whole foods is pricey in its own right and it's not a nice sit down place, but they have a nice hot food bar and pre made sandwiches etc that can be had for way cheaper than most restaurants around TD garden.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For those on something of a budget, there are almost always grocery stores in walking distance in urban areas it's just sometimes hard to know where exactly to find them... I know there there is a whole foods less than half a mile away on cambridge street. now of course whole foods is pricey in its own right and it's not a nice sit down place, but they have a nice hot food bar and pre made sandwiches etc that can be had for way cheaper than most restaurants around TD garden.

Your suggestion prompted to look something up....and I was greeted with good news (and bad news)

Boston is home to three Pret A Manger locations!! For those who are not familiar, Pret A Manger is a London-based sandwich place. They started expanding into the U.S. in the early 2000s. I LOVED that place when I went to London a decade ago. It's high-end end grab-and-go. So not McDonald's cheap but definitely affordable.

http://pretamanger.com/

The bad news is that none of the locations are particularly close to either TD Garden or BEDC. The closest location to either is about a 20 minute walk. One of their locations is closer to the hotel I'm staying at (Hotel Commonwealth near Fenway)...but that's really not relevant to many of you.

Still if you do have time to spare (and the weather's not too bad), it's worth visiting (and a little exercise never hurts.)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Your suggestion prompted to look something up....and I was greeted with good news (and bad news)

Boston is home to three Pret A Manger locations!! For those who are not familiar, Pret A Manger is a London-based sandwich place. They started expanding into the U.S. in the early 2000s. I LOVED that place when I went to London a decade ago. It's high-end end grab-and-go. So not McDonald's cheap but definitely affordable.

http://pretamanger.com/

The bad news is that none of the locations are particularly close to either TD Garden or BEDC. The closest location to either is about a 20 minute walk. One of their locations is closer to the hotel I'm staying at (Hotel Commonwealth near Fenway)...but that's really not relevant to many of you.

Still if you do have time to spare (and the weather's not too bad), it's worth visiting (and a little exercise never hurts.)

Yes I Loooove Pret! There are 2 in DC that I go to whenever I am in the areas.

Also, for those on a mega budget or who at some point need to grab something QUICK, it is worth noting that there actually IS a McDonalds just about next to the arena.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes I Loooove Pret! There are 2 in DC that I go to whenever I am in the areas.

Also, for those on a mega budget or who at some point need to grab something QUICK, it is worth noting that there actually IS a McDonalds just about next to the arena.

Haha. McDonald's is not that bad. You can find some healthy items....and believe it or not, a quarter pounder (no cheese) and apples are under 500 calories.

Tulosai, the weather looks decent, so perhaps we (and Mr. P hehe) can have a Pret outing while we're in Boston!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not sure how healthy chemically produced meats and breads and well... food in general... is :laugh: McDonald's is the only fast food that I end up feeling like I have food poisoning afterwards... so awful.

When I vacation I definitely have a grocery delivery service bring snacks and basics to my hotel room. Some you can even order and purchase ahead of time and schedule a drop off time (do it every time at Walt Disney World). They shop at warehouse type stores so prices are reasonable and you can get packs of water, etc, for cheap!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If you're interested in food delivery in the Boston area, Peapod is there.
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=peapod&find_loc=Boston,+MA

No recommendation from me, I've never used it. And there may be better ones in Boston, but at least one exists.

I'm asking my Boston friends who are TAs who/what the recommend just to see as I'm curious now :yes:

ETA - Peapod is the only one they're recommending and they love them. :yes: sounds like what I'd go with if one wanted to go that route!