2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Four Nationals (CZE, HUN, POL, SVK) - Bratislava, Slovakia 20-22/12/2013

4. Anastasia Vasilieva /POL/

Carmen in a black and red dress. Please kill me.
3loop(landed forwards on two feet <<)/2toe
3salchow - cheated a lot (probably <<)
2axel - cheated around 1/2 revolution
spins and steps ok, decent expression, could use more speed though

She's a Russian skater, I am not sure whether she has any Polish roots. She used to represent MKL Łódź but she was with Mariusz Siudek in the K&C (MKS Axel Toruń).

5. Elizaveta Ukolova /CZE/

3loop - solid but poor speed in
3lutz/2toe with arms above - poor speed out of the lutz, secure landings though
2axel - good
non-jump elements, so-so
she was slow and lacked expression, basics need a lot of work

I'm off for now. As hardcore as I am, I need a shower and some food and the next group is :slink:. :p

I had some stuff to do and missed groups 2 and 3 so no idea how Brezinova, Toth or Simancikova did, I'm afraid.

16. Marcelina Lech /POL/

2axel
3salchow - lost balance a little after she landed it and had no momentum for the planned combo, no preceding steps
2loop/2loop
non-jump elements a little weak
she seemed tense and was going through the motions, more attack and expression would have been great to see given how funky her music was

17. Eszter Szombathelyi /HUN/

2lutz/2loop - good
2flip - high and solid
2axel - off-axis in the air, hand down, possibly cheated
harder jumps weren't there but spins were decent, she had good posture and lines and skated her program with confidence, quite weak basic skating though

18. Anna Siedlecka /POL/

Feed breaking up. All I saw was 2lutz/2loop, 2axel (fall). She was slow.

19. Agnieszka Rejment /POL/

2axel - fall
3toe - underrotated, fall
2loop/2loop
flying sit weak, deer-in-the-headlights performance which lacked attack and conviction

20. Anna Nawrot /POL/

2axel - landed forwards, heavy step out
2flip/2toe - weak
2loop - weak
Very poor jump technique and weak spins but great expression of a fun, clown-themed program. Good use of arms.

21. Jana Coufalova /CZE/

3toe/3toe(weak landing, turnout)
3loop - underrotated, fall
2axel
Slow, lack of expression and performance skills.

22. Nicole Rajicova /SVK/

3lutz - over 1/2 short, two-footed, fall
3salchow/turn/2toe
2axel - solid, nice extension on the landing

Ouch. Her basics are good but those mistakes on the jumps will be extremely costly. Snoozefest GFB program.

23. Miroslava Hrinakova /SVK/

2axel - cheated
3salchow - just two revolutions completed in the air, fall

I switched off. :p

24. Alexandra Kunova /SVK/

3toe/2toe [1]
3salchow - very solid [1]
2axel [0]
Lost balance on the camel position in the combination spin but other spins very good. Fantastic performance featuring busy upper body movement throughout. This is the best I've ever seen her skate. :)

Now that has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons. It was supposed to be between Simancikova and Rajicova.

25. Coco Caminski /POL/

2axel
3salchow - two-footed, underrotated around 1/4, fall
3loop - underrotated, two-footed, fall

Good attack and expression!

A very big upset in Junior Ice Dance. Kaliszek/Kurbakov who have done very well at international competitions so far this (their first) season have lost both SD and FD to Tomczak/Binkowski. They both fell on their circular step sequence in the FD. An extremely costly mistake to make. I wonder what PFSA is going to do now. I would have a test skate before Junior Worlds because K/K have been much better overall this season.

Ladies SP results and protocols are up.

Wow, Brezinova has finally pulled it together and landed all of her jumps!

Kryger's result makes sense now as her 3salchow was <.

Fantastic performance from Petr Coufal. Very solid throughout, all of his jumps landed without any hesitation. Choreography was a little basic and he could have used more expression but really well done!

A great performance from Maciej Cieplucha as well! :)

Fall on opening 4toe but all his triples landed, including 3lutz/3toe, two 3loops and 3lutz/2toe/2loop with arm above in the second half of the program. Quite detailed choreography featuring a good layout and busy upper body movement. Shame about the popped axel at the end but it was a great performance.

It looks like Tomas Verner is employing the tactic of skating easier content clean. Which might be the best way to go for him, given his consistency problems. Some strong jumps and fantastic basic skating but the jump set-up was the easiest he's done for a long time. Only one 3axel planned (that he had a heavy step out from) and no quad attempts. Two 2axels (one had a step out with hand down). Slightly weak landings on 3loop and 3salchow.

ETA: I was wrong, the second axel was triple. So the only way he's watered down his jump set-up seems to be taking the quad out.

It wasn't Pavel Kaska's day. He fell on 3flip, 3lutz and the end of a 3toe/3toe combo. He then stepped out of 3loop. The performance was quite sluggish and muted although he really lit up during the choreo steps at the end.

Krzysztof Gała's basics are poor and he has no performance skills but he can really jump. He opened for program with a 3axel and a step out from a fully rotated 4toe. Sadly, mistakes crept in later on. Second axel was singled, he stepped out and put hand down on the 3salchow and fell on the 3toe (the two easiest jumps he was doing...). I would love him to get a good shrink. He needs to believe in himself, show more conviction on the ice and work on maintaining his focus throughout.