7. Laurianne Cirilli 39.97
8. Léna Serna 35.51
9. Gabrielle Scalzo 35.05

Pairs SP
1. James-Cipres 61.34

Alex D

Record Breaker
2. Lénaëlle Gilleron Gorry 52.86

She is such a darling, met her at Zagreb - wonderful young lady!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I don't see Yretha Silete's name here...Is she still injured? So sorry if so. :cry: Especially in this Oly season.
Wish her a complete recovery, and look forward to seeing her in full form next season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men SP
1 Florent AMODIO 78.89
2 Brian JOUBERT 70.48
3 Chafik BESSEGHIER 64.09
4 Simon HOCQUAUX 61.01
5 Kévin AYMOZ 55.61
6 Adrien TESSON 52.86
7 Noël-Antoine PIERRE 50.67

Ladies LP
1 Maé-Bérénice MEITE 99.54
2 Laurine LECAVELIER 96.13
3 Anaïs VENTARD 94.78
4 Lénaelle GILLERON-GORRY 85.75
5 Léna MARROCCO 82.75
6 Laurianne CIRILLI 76.06
7 Gabrielle SCALZO 72.13
8 Léa SERNA 66.49
9 Nadjma MAHAMOUD 64.35

Overall
1 Maé-Bérénice MEITE FRA 161.23 1 1
2 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 146.88 4 2
3 Anaïs VENTARD FRA 146.81 3 3
4 Lénaelle GILLERON-GORRY FRA 138.61 2 4
5 Léna MARROCCO FRA 133.08 5 5
6 Laurianne CIRILLI FRA 116.03 7 6
7 Nadjma MAHAMOUD FRA 107.86 6 9
8 Gabrielle SCALZO FRA 107.18 9 7
9 Léa SERNA FRA 102.00 8 8

Short Dance
1 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT 70.35
2 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON 61.79
3 Anastasia VORONKOVA / Jérémie FLEMIN 30.62

Pairs LP
1 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES 115.04

Alex D

Record Breaker
Shocking result,

Lénaelle... what happened my dear? She was rock solid last time I saw her and now only 4th in nationals? Does this mean she wont come to Budapest?

Damn, Ventard was 0.07 away from second place. :(

Morgan/Cipres went for 3toe/3toe in the FS!

Why are Carron/Jones not taking part? I was hoping Papadakis/Cizeron could possibly beat them.

Lénaelle... what happened my dear? She was rock solid last time I saw her and now only 4th in nationals? Does this mean she wont come to Budapest?

She's had a very poor season so far.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Damn, Ventard was 0.07 away from second place. :(

Morgan/Cipres went for 3toe/3toe in the FS!

Why are Carron/Jones not taking part? I was hoping Papadakis/Cizeron could possibly beat them.

She's had a very poor season so far.

Ow :(

I didnt had the pleasure to see her skate this season, but that doesnt sound good... Has she been injured or is she just out of shape so to speak?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Seems to me that French figure skating is declining, which is sad. Brian and Florent not at all in previous forms. And where are the young guys taking over? Some hopes for ladies though :) Is James/Cipres the only French pair? I do'nt follow dance closely, but Pechalat/Bourzat has been my favorite pair for ten years now. Suppose this is their last season. I really hope they medal in Sochi.

Lota

Record Breaker
Nope, not me. I've been really looking forward to seeing Papadakis/Cizeron FD, but I haven't been able to find anything.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Men LP -top 3, TSS = TES + PCS SS TR PE CH IN Deduction

1 Brian JOUBERT FRA 155.97 74.11 81.86 8.31 7.75 8.31 8.25 8.31 0.00 #6
2 Florent AMODIO FRA 148.97 63.83 85.14 8.63 8.13 8.56 8.50 8.75 0.00 #7
3 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA 141.16 69.02 72.14 7.44 6.88 7.19 7.31 7.25 0.00 #5

Overall -top 3

1 Florent AMODIO FRA 227.86 1 2
2 Brian JOUBERT FRA 226.45 2 1
3 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA 205.25 3 3

Very happy for Brian to win LP! Congrats to Florent to win his third Nats. :)

But sad sad to see Brian clearly outskated Florent but still lost overall, due to lower PCS... :sarcasm: I love Florent and Brian both as skaters, for a different reason, but Brian surely has better SS than Florent. As for TR, on par with Florent's, at least (if we talk about 'rather transitionless' programs compared to other top skaters' such as Patrick's)...:disapp:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Seems to me that French figure skating is declining, which is sad. Brian and Florent not at all in previous forms. And where are the young guys taking over? Some hopes for ladies though :) Is James/Cipres the only French pair? I do'nt follow dance closely, but Pechalat/Bourzat has been my favorite pair for ten years now. Suppose this is their last season. I really hope they medal in Sochi.
Popova/Massot are the second French pair, but she is injured at the moment. Technically the second French dance team is Carron/Jones, and they were away at the Universiade (which they won easily). The third/close to second team is Papadakis/Cizeron, but this is just their first senior season. The men's field isn't too promising at the senior/junior level - I don't know what Amodio's plans are following this season, but Besseghier isn't a podium threat, I heard they might have some promising kids at the novice level.

I share your hopes re P/B and also hope that Joubert and Amodio will be in better form later this season, especially Joubert.

Very happy for Brian to win LP! Congrats to Florent to win his third Nats. :)

But sad sad to see Brian clearly outskated Florent but still lost overall, due to lower PCS... :sarcasm: I love Florent and Brian both as skaters, for a different reason, but Brian surely has better SS than Florent. As for TR, on par with Florent's, at least (if we talk about 'rather transitionless' programs compared to other top skaters' such as Patrick's)...:disapp:
I think the FFSG wanted Amodio as the national champion and that message went through loud and clear to the judges. Amodio did have his 4S, but otherwise seems to have been in about same form as he was on the GP, and we know what sort of marks he got there (note that French Nats tend to track international scores more closely than most nationals). We'll see what happens later this season...

LRK

Record Breaker
It also seems to me that Brian has been dubbed "Just a Jumper" while Florent is "The Artist" - so obviously Brian can't have higher PCS; stands to reason, no? (There is more than one kind of Reputation scoring). And I say this as someone who actually likes Florent. I just don't like the putting people in boxes, with a neat little lable on it. Also, as a Brian fan, I'm really tired of people undervaluing his actual skating and performance. The Swedish Eurosport commentators actually put him in the same sentence with... Kevin van der Perren! After just having remarked that while his (KVDP's) jumps were nice, they wondered how he managed to skate from one side of the rink to the other without falling down... This was a year or two ago, obviously, but they have scarcely anything nice to say about Brian, ever. His jumps they'll praise, but that's it. When they actually say something nice, like, "well, he does have personality on the ice, we can't take that away from him", I'm in actual shock... Anyway, sorry about that. It just annoys me, rather... If anyone could tell. ;)

The majority of Joubert's programs (in terms of choreo and transitions) are very basic... but so are Amodio's! Both Amodio's programs this season are really empty and have hardly any redeeming features, to be honest. Amodio does have better posture and lines and whilst his SS aren't as good, he has very smooth edges. But I don't really see how the big gap on the PCS is justified.

Joubert is basically getting the 'kthxbye' message. Maybe it's a continuation of Gailhaguet's power trip.