Those who have seen YuNa and Patrick live-question | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Those who have seen YuNa and Patrick live-question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daleg

Spectator
I think all skaters have been overscored since Vancouver. No need to blame Patrick or Yuna in particular.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Daleg, welcome to Golden Skate! Yes there is a case that all of them are overscored...

cooper

Medalist
I think all skaters have been overscored since Vancouver. No need to blame Patrick or Yuna in particular.

exactly..obviously the threadstarter's intention is obvious from the start..:rolleye:

how dare yuna got those scores from zagreb..it's a B tournament for crying loud!!! when in fact even the GP series you all see some over scoring.. :rolleye:

so much hypocrisy.. as if her favorite skater didn't experience some over scoring.. :laugh:

Nadia01

Final Flight
I don't see Ashley Kwan as a Michelle Kwan; more of a Kimmie Meissner, maybe a Jill Trenary or even a Tonya Harding or a world medal Rachel Flatt type. She is not overly "special".

Ashley's winning because the US doesn't have anybody better. I doubt Ashley's going to win the worlds this year, even tho I'm pretty sure Yuna won't be there & Mao may not (depending on her Sochi result).

skateluvr

Record Breaker

um, how can we blame Pat or Yuna? Do they score themselves? It is a judging issue.

I would like to say that Mao's ubers from Japan don't attack like Yuna fans. At least no here that I can see. I know YuNa is almost a deity, but really, she is just a human being. A good one who is talented. Please do not over invest in "idols." Only God should be seen as "perfect." Really, I wish I could experience two cultures. Japan has fabulous skaters and they seem to be very quiet. It isn't worth saying an opinion if this goes on til Sochi. If you are crazy for YuNa or super nationalistic , get a grip. She's very good but many others are.

Wagner and Gold are fabulous-just not as experienced. Maybe show SOME interest in other than Mao beating. She gets slammed here and its wrong to personalize. You make me sorry I asked people their opinions.

Prettykeys made a good distinction earlier. Thanks and I think I will do as most do here-ignore a certain skater as her fans are too vociferous. Really, was it like this or worse before Vancouver/. Glad I missed it. Happy Holidays. I just hope a million youtube viewers don't show up. This gets weird. Sayonara. And let us drop personal attacks ok? Mods allow one and others follow.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
It's the Olympic season and we are only 2 months away~ I see propaganda / fan wars going on everywhere. Just buckle up and enjoy the show and don't take it personal. ;)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I actually came to this thread because I thought I'd share my impressions from seeing Patrick in TEB, but after reading trough... maybe I shouldn't :laugh:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
!

More importantly, these deluded Mao fans whom Ven excoriates basically don't exist. Who on this forum actually says that Mao is objectively a better skater than Yuna (not just one or two aspects, but overall)? There are maybe 2 people who actually post things like that.

Many feel Mao is better. They just post less because of fear of being attacked. And many are her fans on other language boards. A certain few people like ven (shortened from venomous?) intimidate others.

I really wanted to hear from people who were tv viewers and how diff competition live is, esp the two controversial skaters, talk about judging. But when a poster wants to hijack a thread, attack the sincere intentions of OP and answer questions not asked (Mathman asked you right away and it should have been a warning). I had no ulterior motive, and hate no skater. Hater is an immature, childish insult to hurl at a poster. I never use it. Hate is also insulted strong, powerful word. I would be amazed if anyone hated a skater-even the infamous ubers of two Asian 'rivals.' It is two childish and should be banned.

I wonder Ven your true age as you also too aim at people over 50. Ancient are they? You further laughed at those who save older clothes. Where I live, we no longer have gorgous clothes made in the USA. If you keep your older clothes, and they fit, you are smart. It is called "vintage" and the styles are retro and much nicer anyway. But your remark was ageist. Youth, as we say in this country is wasted on the young.

You know my opinions of YuNa and Patricks falls. Perhaps a new thread regarding scoring inflation is in order. Please don't make ASSumptions re my motives. I am a YuNa fan despite her imperfecions, and I share her faith and applaud her philanthropy greatly. NEVER accusea me of hating A, Pat, Mao, x,y,z . I am insulted as I like many, love a few, am neutral to some.( Curser skipping and no sleep wrecking paragraphs. you felt the need to attack, denigrate, bully me, thereby shutting off any thing you see as cricism of your beloved. You are breaking GS rules. Too obtuse to know?

If this board is just going to be dominated by one country, or fans of one skater,for Oly season, we can forget fair discussion. Bullying tactics make it unpleasant for all. The fans of one skater seem to get special treatment. Demographics of membership would explain why.

It is best to say little in the edge and discuss in the comp. folders. This is a shame that people are bullied for their sincere question, suspected age, clothing, anything. You hijacked the thread-and who knows where it would have gone? We might have learned something about IJS scoring. Knee jerk responses make it seem you are here on a mission-self appointed PR for YuNa. YuNa doesn't need over the top fans. She has way more respect for Mao-they are both skaters-very similar lives right now-they respect each other. Please follow their leads. Criticism does not equal "hatred." Again, don't put words/thoughts in my head/heart. You are way off base. I am disappointed so far with her new skates-maybe injury, maybe nerves. YuNa would laugh at her slavish devotees-she is pretty humble-or seemed so in Vancouver.

Let us agree to disagree without being disagreeable. OK? Otherwise we will not have courteous to each other, fair discussion and we do want to enjoy discussion, do we not? That is my true goal. I HOPE IT IS YOUR REASON FOR JOINING ;_)

.The poor woman has major security from the pesty crazies that stalk her and make her life abnormal. She can't walk around and live her life is stuck on a marble pedestal, can she?????? Chan and Kim prove how tough the sport is. I alwaysa hope the best skater wins at the Olympics-the very best that night.:biggrin:

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Skateluvr is truly one of the most entertaining posters on GS. I can't resist opening a thread she starts. It's hilarious to watch how she thinks her intentions, mostly taking a swipe at certain skaters, are well hidden, when they are all but transparent to anyone who have been on this board since more than a few days. When she gets revealed, she sends blizzards of personal attacks in the direction of other posters, meanwhile portraying herself as a poor victim of massive bullying.

Daleg

Spectator
Oopsie~ sorry skateluvr if I said something wrong!:bang: It didn't mean to beat Mao or anything but was just my opinion. Plus, I'm not even one of those Yuna nor Mao haters/bots!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
iS THAT YOU FROM PARIS vEN> OR JUST ANOTHER RARE POSTER. CALLING ALL BOTS. I DOUBT YOU READ ANY THREADS AT ALL, AND SIGN IN WHEN ASKED, UNDER ONE OF YOUR SCREEN NAMES. 7 YEARS 37 POSTS? Let US SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS? I WAS ATTACKED, BUT THEN AS A STUFFED ANIMAL, I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ. AND 6 POSTS AVERAGE A YEAR? I'd GUESS THEY MITE BE ABOUT? YUNA? nOT WORTH CHECKING AS YOU are CLEARLY ANOTHER BOT

Daleg

Spectator
iS THAT YOU FROM PARIS vEN> OR JUST ANOTHER RARE POSTER. CALLING ALL BOTS. I DOUBT YOU READ ANY THREADS AT ALL, AND SIGN IN WHEN ASKED, UNDER ONE OF YOUR SCREEN NAMES. 7 YEARS 37 POSTS? Let US SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS? I WAS ATTACKED, BUT THEN AS A STUFFED ANIMAL, I GUESS YOU CAN'T READ. AND 6 POSTS AVERAGE A YEAR? I'd GUESS THEY MITE BE ABOUT? YUNA? nOT WORTH CHECKING AS YOU are CLEARLY ANOTHER BOT

Did I just say something stupid again? I'm a newbie and wasn't familiar with words. I'm sincerely sorry. I will be quite from now on...

Barb

Record Breaker
Did I just say something stupid again? I'm a newbie and wasn't familiar with words. I'm sincerely sorry. I will be quite from now on...

I think she is speaking about verysmuchso, not about you

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ashley's winning because the US doesn't have anybody better. I doubt Ashley's going to win the worlds this year, even tho I'm pretty sure Yuna won't be there & Mao may not (depending on her Sochi result).

Skaterboy, there is no Ashley Kwan. And nadiao1 who will win worlds this year? Ashley has no chance? And why? Who will win Worlds, Julia? Any other predictions?

verysmuchso

On the Ice

Uppercase letters constitute the Rambo mode I guess. Rambo vs Stuffed animal ha ha. Anyway, I see you dont like to be appreciated for being amusing.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I actually came to this thread because I thought I'd share my impressions from seeing Patrick in TEB, but after reading trough... maybe I shouldn't :laugh:

I can't blame you. The GS rules said not to attack other posters. Ven did, and continued. I can see why people decide to read here and not start threads nor say anything about YuNa. She'd be embarrassed at her ubers-they misquote, take out of context. The bullying is real, and not worth it.

jaylee

Medalist
There was the title, but I addressed overscoring in the OP, if anything, you Ven jumped in and made it about Mao/Yuna. It is just gonna be a drag -we will have ubers who really think YuNa is an actual Queen, with an old European title. She fell on a double axel, or fell out in her Zagreb Sp, and fell in the long. She did not earn those scores. We are not talking about LAST YEAR.

Your pattern of posts repeating that Yu-Na doesn't earn her scores speaks loud and clear despite your ever increasingly ridiculous claims that you supposedly like Yu-Na (wow, if this is how you treat a skater you "like", I shudder to think how you would act towards a skater whom you don't like). No, Yu-Na did not fall on the 2A in the SP. She did fall in the long and that was her one major mistake. The Zagreb field was weak, hence the margin of victory.

May I call out your utter hypocrisy for saying that Yu-Na didn't earn those scores with a fall when 5/6 of the ladies at the GPF had 1 or more falls, including the ladies skater who WON the FS and got the biggest score (and didn't even land the most triples)? Only Julia managed to not fall, Mao had a major fall and a big landing error on her two money jumps, Adelina had two falls, etc. Why is your objection only to Yu-Na's scores? Biased much? If you've noticed, scores have gone up in all the disciplines for all of the medal contenders. The judges are being generous with everyone.

Ven wanted to wreck the thread. It really is not obvious how fast someone is skating, and I don't think the flaws in YuNa's skating-they come across as mentioned earlier merit 20 points over the field. And you seem confused re how much you "admire" Mao.:disapp:

This was about overscoring and how it is not fair to many gifted skaters. And how IJS was supposed to remedy this. Anonymity in judging is a serious flaw. When you turn things personal you can expect it back. Interesting you have nothing to say about YuNa's Zagreb outing which was overscored considering the GP finalists and the medalists. This was not the YuNa who skated last year. She deserved to be WC last year. Zagreb scoring was not earned. This is what the thread is about. reputation scoring and the Olympics.

Thank you for clarifying what this thread is really about, your belief that Yu-Na's scores are not earned--at the 2010 Olympics, at 2013 Worlds, at 2013 Zagreb, and your fear that she will get more unearned scores at the Olympics. Really, who are you to accuse others of wrecking this thread when your motivations were disingenuous from the beginning? Unlike the subject title, you aren't really open to being convinced about Patrick or Yu-na's qualities that are noticeable live versus TV/online video.

Yes, it is easier to see how fast someone is skating live but it is not impossible to see how fast someone is skating on television or on a Youtube video if you've trained yourself to notice it. So yes, speed and flow does translate to TV. But if you don't care about speed, then you won't see it. If you don't want to see anything positive in a skater's performance when you are overwhelmingly biased against them, you won't.

Yu-Na and Patrick are very impressive live, but you're not really interested in having an honest debate about that, so why should I bother talking about my experience having seen both of them live several times? If you are predisposed against them, and have such a huge well of bias against a skater, even if you see them live, it's doubtful that the skater will break through your antipathy. Despite your constant disclaimer that you "like" Yu-Na, your constant "overscoring" and "reputation" claims against a skater who's earned all of her wins say otherwise. Yu-Na isn't the poster child for overscoring, so go pick on someone else. The skater from a weaker federation usually ends up with the short end of the stick (see Lu Chen for another example).

Wait. It is? I thought it was about performance qualities that you can see live that are not so apparent when you see them on TV. Hence the question in the title of the thread.

Glad I'm not the only one to question the OP's intention in starting this thread versus the subject title. This thread has turned into exactly what the OP intended it to be--a thread for bashing Yu-Na's alleged overscoring and to make complaints about Yu-Na's fans.

minze

Medalist
Yuna ubers sensitive much. You costantly ooen threads with the only intention of bashing mao. Any thread Mao is mentioned you dont miss an opportunity to bash her. Practice what you preach Yuna ubers attack any skater who is not Yuna Kim, but God forbid someone has the nerve of saying something negative about Yuna. You all run to check the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.