American Championships: Predictions Game Round 5 | Golden Skate

American Championships: Predictions Game Round 5

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the American Championships.

Entries/Results Page:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2014/2014_us_fs_champs/results.html

Thank you golden411!!!

PDF of entries: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014 qualifiers.pdf

Thank you Mrs. P!!!

Timetable:
http://www.boston2014.com/event-info/schedule/

The Senior competitions start on Thursday 9th January 2014 at 16:15 EST (21:15 GMT) with the Pairs Short.

So, predictions need to be in 1 hour before that, i.e. 15:15 EST (20:15 GMT)

Entries

Ladies:

Men:

1.8:12PM
Philip Warren, All Year FSC
2.8:19PMRichard Dornbush, All Year FSC
3.8:26PMSean Rabbitt, Glacier Falls FSC
4.8:33PMKeegan Messing, Alaska Assoc of Figure Skaters
5.8:47PMDouglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona
6.8:54PMScott Dyer, Brooklyn FSC of Ohio
7.9:01PMBrandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC
8.9:08PMStephen Carriere, SC Of Boston
9.9:15PMJason Brown, Skokie Valley SC
10.9:59PMTimothy Dolensky, Atlanta FSC
11.10:06PMDaniel Raad, Southwest Florida FSC
12.10:13PMRoss Miner, SC Of Boston
13.10:20PMRobert Przepioski, Rochester FSC
14.10:27PMAdam Rippon, SC of New York
15.10:41PMJeremy Abbott, Detroit SC
16.10:48PMJoshua Farris, Broadmoor SC
17.10:55PMMax Aaron, Broadmoor SC
18.11:02PMLukas Kaugars, Broadmoor SC
19.11:09PMGrant Hochstein, SC of New York
WD. Evan Lysacek (DuPage FSC) WITHDRAWN

Pairs:

WD. Britney Simpson (Broadmoor SC)/Matthew Blackmer (All Year FSC) WITHDRAWN

Dance:

As you can see, there is a bumper entry in all four categories. :biggrin: So, like Russian and Chinese Nationals, ALL categories will count towards the Game score.

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm going to go ahead and make my initial guess. I'll probably change my mind about 70 times between now and the deadline.

Men
1.) Adam Rippon
2.) Max Aaron
3.) Jason Brown
4.) Jeremy Abbott
5.) Joshua Farris
6.) Stephen Carriere

Ladies
1.) Ashley Wagner
2.) Gracie Gold
3.) Mirai Nagasu
4.) Christina Gao
5.) Polina Edmunds
6.) Courtney Hicks

Pairs
1.) Denny/Coughlin
2.) Castelli/Shnpair
3.) Scimeca/Knierim
5.) Zhang/Bartholomay
5.) Donlan/Speroff
6.) Denney/Frazier

Dance
1.) Davis/White
2.) Shibutanis
3.) Chock/Bates
4.) Hubbell/Donohue
5.) Kriengkrairut/Giulieti-Schmitt
6.) Cannuscio/McManus

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm going to go ahead and make my initial guess. I'll probably change my mind about 70 times between now and the deadline.

I'll probably be the same with the American Nationals.
And Russian...
And Japanese...
And Canadian...

:laugh: :biggrin:

Have we got a definite entry list for US Nationals yet? I've just been looking on the boston2014 website, and can't find any.

By the way, I've replied to your comment about Polina K in the Russian Predictions thread.

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ahhhhhh!!! Gave you last year's list!!! Sorry about that! Here is the correct one:
http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014 qualifiers.pdf

Phew! Thank goodness that was noticed in time! Because I was planning on spending this hour linking up ISU Bios!

You know, I thought it was funny that Alissa and Jonny were on the list when they had already said they weren't competing. But, since it said "withdrawn", I didn't think any more of it.

Don't worry about it, Mrs. P! I've made plenty of simple mistakes these past few days, so I can totally relate! ;)

I'm just putting up the revised list now.

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
A few items of note before you start linking:

** Evan Lysacek is out
** Brittany Simpson/Matthew Blackmer ended their partnership, so they are out as well.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ISU Bio links are now up.

There were a few changes in partnerships in the Nationals entry list compared to the ISU Bio list, so here are the Bios I have used.

Dance:
Isabella CANNUSCIO (with Ian LORELLO)
Michael BRAMANTE (with Kaitlin HAWAYEK)
Anastasia OLSON (with Jordan COWAN)
Ian LORELLO (with Isabella CANNUSCIO)
Andrejs SITIKS (with Jekaterina SERGEJEVA)

A few items of note before you start linking:

** Evan Lysacek is out
** Brittany Simpson/Matthew Blackmer ended their partnership, so they are out as well.

Thank you. I've kept them on the list, but have replaced the number with "WD".

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Phew! Thank goodness that was noticed in time! Because I was planning on spending this hour linking up ISU Bios!

I am not playing the game, so I should not stick my nose in .. but I really cannot help myself #SorryNotSorry:

CL_fan, I must say that I think you are going waaaaaay above and beyond the call of duty to provide hyperlinks to the many, many bios.

To save yourself a lot of trouble, I think that it would more than suffice simply to offer links to the four ISU pages that in turn provide the bio links for each discipline.
And a link to the IceNetwork general bio page where one can search by name for individual skaters.

The wonderful Mao88 :bow:, to whom we all are so grateful, already spoils us with so many links to competition videos.

Obviously, I admire and appreciate your dedication :bow: as well, CL_fan, but the rest of us are going to get even "fatter and lazier" ;), so to speak, if you spoil us this way too. [ETA, of course, you already spoil GS members in another way with your exhaustive research on streaming of competitions. :yes:]
I for one encourage you not to go to such extraordinary lengths.
Just setting up the basic structure of the game (apart from the bio links) as you are doing is a sizable contribution unto itself. :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
CL_fan, I must say that I think you are going waaaaaay above and beyond the call of duty to provide hyperlinks to the many, many bios.
Indeed. While I'm sure I speak for most people when I say we love you for your effort and dedication... please don't burn yourself out!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am not playing the game, so I should not stick my nose in .. but I really cannot help myself #SorryNotSorry:

To save yourself a lot of trouble, I think that it would more than suffice simply to offer links to the four ISU pages that in turn provide the bio links for each discipline.
And a link to the IceNetwork general bio page where one can search by name for individual skaters.

The wonderful Mao88 :bow:, to whom we all are so grateful, already spoils us with so many links to competition videos.

Obviously, I admire and appreciate your dedication :bow: as well, CL_fan, but the rest of us are going to get even "fatter and lazier" ;), so to speak, if you spoil us this way too. [ETA, of course, you already spoil GS members in another way with your exhaustive research on streaming of competitions. :yes:]
I for one encourage you not to go to such extraordinary lengths.
Just setting up the basic structure of the game (apart from the bio links) as you are doing is a sizable contribution unto itself. :)

Wow! I wasn't expecting such praise. There really is no need!

The thing is, I am not providing anything that we didn't have during the GP Game. The difference is, during the ISU competitions, the links are provided on the Results Pages. All I am doing is providing them in an alternative place.

It always winds me up that the Results Pages of national Championships do not provide any information about the competitors. And when you are trying to make predictions on skaters you are unfamiliar with, it really is invaluable having information about them.

I just thought that since I was looking up all the Bios anyway, I may as well add the links to the post while I was doing it! Like, it does not take a lot of effort - just copy on one page, and paste onto the other. It only takes a couple of seconds for each skater.

The TV schedules, on the other hand, take an awful lot more time and effort. And, I do find making them out is draining.

But I enjoy trying to help people out. The way I look at it is if I want to look something up, then chances are that at least one other person wants to look it up as well. And, what is the point of have 2 people doing exactly the same thing?

Although I am the one that is posting all this stuff in the lead up to each round of the Game, I am not actually doing that much otherwise.

The spreadsheet was set up by another member (pitterpatter).

All the scoring is being done by other members (Li'Kitsu, guenever, Wilhelmina and FSGMT).

They are the ones that are doing the hard work.

So, providing all this information in one handy place is my way of making myself feel as if I am doing something productive towards the game.

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The TV schedules, on the other hand, take an awful lot more time and effort. And, I do find making them out is draining.

But I enjoy trying to help people out. ...

So, providing all this information in one handy place is my way of making myself feel as if I am doing something productive towards the game.

CaroLiza_fan

LOL, "something" would be an understatement, I'd say. :bow: Your energy and productivity are exemplary, as is your instinct to help others -- and to give credit to others.

The spreadsheet was set up by another member (pitterpatter).

All the scoring is being done by other members (Li'Kitsu, guenever, Wilhelmina and FSGMT).

Hats off to the entire group that is orchestrating the game for nationals -- and to the group that orchestrated the game for GPs. (And to last year's group.) :bow:

guenever

Rinkside
Okay. Going to get these in now so I don't forget like I did for Japan and Russia.

Ladies:

1. Wagner
2. Gold
3. Nagasu
4. Gao
5. Edmunds
6. Cesario

Men:

1. Rippon
2. Aaron
3. Brown
4. Abbot
5. Farris
6. Miner

Pairs:

1. Denney/Coughlin
2. Scimeca/Knierim
3. Castelli/Shnapir
4. Zhang/Bartholomay
5. Denney/Frazier
6. Donlan/Speroff

Dance:

1. Davis/White
2. Shibutanis
3. Hubbell/Donohue
4. Chock/Bates
5. Kriengkrairut/Giulieti-Schmitt
6. Aldridge/Eaton

flutzy13

On the Ice
Ladies:

1. Wagner
2. Gold- didn't do enough this season for the judges to want to challenge Wagner. However, there is no scenario in which I see her lower than second.
3. Nagasu- I can't believe I'm typing this but I really think she's going to pull it off
4. Zawadski- judges will keep her in it by scoring her high in the SP
5. Gao- Fifth. of course.
6. Cesario

Men:

1. Rippon- His momentum has been solidly building since skate america.
2. Brown- couldn't decide between Brown & Aaron so I went with personal preference. Could go either way.
3. Aaron
4. Abbot- the judges will realize Jason without a quad is a better investment for the future than Jeremy with a small chance of a quad.
5. Farris
6. Miner

Pairs:

1. Castelli/Shnapir- I just can't put D/C first. This team waited a long time to get to the forefront of the US pair conversation and I imagine they're going to throw it down on a home ice in a way that they didn't earlier this season. That quad will be landed.
2. Denney/Coughlin- there's no way the most consistent jumpers are not on the Olympic team with the team event
3. Scimeca/Kneirim-Like C/S, they didn't build momentum this GP season. The injury and also the knowledge that they're in the Olympic mix seemed to make them tenative. Also if SCOB has any political muscle, they will be the ones hurt by it, not D/C.
4. Denney/Frazier
5. Donlan/Speroff
6. Zhang/Bartholomay

Dance:

1. Davis/White
2. Shibutanis- the Judges seem to be warming to them again. Tanith's gushing during the SA IceNetwork commentary tells me USFSA is behind them.
3. Chock & Bates- Igor will ensure that they at least get on the team
4. Hubbell/Donohue- So bummed about this one. Its too bad we can't trade the third lady for a fourth dance spot.
5. Aldridge/Eaton
6. Lynn & Logan

ahy

Final Flight
1.ashley wagner
2.gracie gold
3.mirai nagasu
4.courtney hicks
5.christina gao