About jump combos | Page 5 | Golden Skate

About jump combos

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
He can go for one quad in 2nd half :biggrin: I mean I not calculated BV layout with two 4T, but what I mean that with his best quality on jumps and two 4T instead of fall on 4S he could score higher than with program will fall, because if you count all things on that 4S = fall ( - 1 ) , GOE ( -3 ), GOE loss ( let's count that he could be able to do +2 GOE on landed 4S jump ) then you will get that he was wasting 6 pts

Do you seriously believe his current condition can afford a 4T then 6 triples in the 2nd half:unsure:
I believe he will be able to do that in the future, but not sure which one is actually more risky.

Anyway I also watched that TV program, and I appreciate his attitude a lot, but I still think this program is more skewed to "designed to win" than "designed to impress". Nevertheless he still gave 3 impressive enough performances with it (GPF, Nationals, Worlds), and as I said it above, he could only manage to win because he at least got the determination to fully rotate that 4S instead of doubling or tripling or not doing it at all, and executed the other elements required with consistency, otherwise he wouldn't win. So I began to appreciate the determination he delivered the plan later, although not the program itself.

It seems this conversation went a bit far from the original topic... well there is no doubt Hanyu is a CoP maximizer with so aggressive, 3 combination in 2nd half program. But just imagine if ISU decides to give sequence 100% credit, then what a monster score we will see on a 4T3A then a 4S3A XDDDDD

gkelly

Record Breaker
He can go for one quad in 2nd half :biggrin:

Why would we expect a 4T in the second half to be any more consistently rotated or landed than 4S at the beginning of the program?

These guys aren't robots. Lactic acid buildup is real; muscle fatigue is real. It's much harder to jump as high and rotate as fast after an additional 2 minutes of skating.

If he repeats 4T, then he would need to put a 2T on the end of one of them instead of the second 3A.

And I would expect he'd do it near the beginning of the program, give up a few points in base value compared to the current layout, but possibly end up with more success, greater average GOE across all jump passes, hopefully no fall deductions.