And here you'll find more detailed SP results with marks:
http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2004/seg005.htm

And the overall standings before the Free Skate:
http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2004/cat001rs.htm

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
No surprises in the top 4. What happened to Griazev, though! The pressure must have gotten to him...

Evdokia

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
No surprises in the top 4. What happened to Griazev, though! The pressure must have gotten to him...

Fall on the 3-Axel, doublefooted 3 Flip ... :cry:
I think it would have been easier for him, if he had not placed so high in the qualification. It must be just horrible if you start at your first Euros, your first Senior event ever and then you have to skate your SP in the final group. - Well, he won't have that problem in the LP anylonger, so let's hope he'll do better on Thursday.;)

BTW it was closed between Plushenko, Joubert and Klimkin as Plushenko had a wobbly landing on his quad. :eek:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Although Lambiel had faults in his jumping, I really liked his expressive interpretation and the choreography most of all short programmes. Tomas Verner was another skater whose skating style was very pleasing to my eye. Klimkin succeeded really well in his programme and it was great to see Kudriatschev looking so happy. LOL, he has now another Ilia to coach...

Joubert did the Morozov footwork really well, actually in my opinion it looks best of all as he is doing it (because of his bodytype). Plushenko was not at his best. There has been so much hype about Griazev, to me his skating seems to look like that of a bit juniorish Yagudin clone. Apparently he was much better in QR (or the others were not very good). I hope he fares better in freeskate though. I wondered why Tarasova was keeping such a distance from him as they waited for the scores? Of course it could be that she has a flu.

Marjaana

Last edited:

kasia16

On the Ice
Plushenko won only because his name is Evgeni Plushenko... not fair...
Joubert' s jumps, presentation & chereography was perfect (for me of course :) !
He landed 4t3t, 3a, 3f (nice deep edges) and his footwork was totally fantastic (as good as Yagudin's in Olympic season).

Plushenko has mistake in his combination 4t (wobbly) 2t(! he hasn't enough strenght to jump 3), his 3a and 3z were good but ...he should be second

Last edited:
Not surprised about Grivzej. He got mcuh too much hype with the Tarrasova Cohen split.

But what happened to my Stephane? Oh I wish he'd come to the US and work with Carol Heiss. she'll get him solid jumps; the style is already his his.

I would love to see my other fav, Ilia Klimkin wind this up with a gold performance.

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Oh, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin.....:( :cry:

KRISTOFFER BERNTSSON?? Nothing like being a year late -- weren't the Euros in Sweden last year??

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
kevin

JonnyCoop said:
Oh, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin.....:( :cry:

KRISTOFFER BERNTSSON?? Nothing like being a year late -- weren't the Euros in Sweden last year??

OH...it breaks my heart...Kevin Kevin Kevin...

But maybe it's a side effect of the COP...his programs were built for the COP...

Oh well...maybe he'll still marry me one day...

But wow! look at all of these Swedes! First that girl during the JGP, and now Berntsson...I've never heard of this guy before...is he cute?

brenlynn

On the Ice
poor kevin indeed. it must have been really rough on the skaters this season bouncing between CoP and the old system when their performances were built to succeed under the CoP. i hope he kicks bum with his robin hood lp!

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Re: kevin

thisthingcalledlove said:
But wow! look at all of these Swedes! First that girl during the JGP, and now Berntsson...I've never heard of this guy before...is he cute?
He has dark hair and a very nice face. In Malmo he had the beautiful edges and flow, but, it looks like he also got his jumps together in his two rounds so far. I really liked watching him last year without the jumps. I think both he and Ana Persson felt the pressure of skating before the home crowds.

Originally posted by Jaana
Tomas Verner was another skater whose skating style was very pleasing to my eye.
Would you please give more detail on his skate and what you like about his style? I really liked him at Euros last year. I thought he was very direct, unaffected, and masculine. Is that still his style? I thought his pre scores were too low last year.

shine

Record Breaker
Lambiel has wonderful jump technique, he just doesn't have the consistency. But he has been quoted to have had a flu just recently and is concentrating on finishing school this year. I think he'll come back strong next year...or maybe at worlds :) Go Stephane!

Evdokia

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
But what happened to my Stephane? Oh I wish he'd come to the US and work with Carol Heiss. she'll get him solid jumps; the style is already his his.

Stephane was brave and went for the quad but fell on it, 3 Axel, then 3 Flip landed on inside edge and had to step out, finally he fell on the end of a step sequence:( (probably nerves got him due to the stupid mistake he made on the flip.)

BTW Stephane worked with Mishin for some time (I think it was a training camp in summer 2002?) and there he got his 3-Axel and his quad, which is beautiful when he lands it. Maybe he just got to much pressure this time and with the flu and finishing school it wasn't easier for him to give a clean performance.:rolleye:

But the SP itself was really great and it's such a pitty about the mistakes. :cry: (It's one of those programes which you want to see flawless, in order to keep it for your video library.)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Re: Re: kevin

hockeyfan228 said:
Would you please give more detail on his skate and what you like about his style? I really liked him at Euros last year. I thought he was very direct, unaffected, and masculine. Is that still his style? I thought his pre scores were too low last year.

I especially like the great flow and effortlessness in Verner´s skating style, the way everything looks and the way he moves. Would say that his style has improved from previous season. I think I noticed his skating the first time maybe two years ago.

I understood from Finnish commentators that Joubert made a little careless mistake in a spin which affected his marks a little bit. It sure looked a very close competition for Plushenko, Joubert and Klimkin. I saw Joubert´s freeskate from Lalique broadcast, and it is an enjoyable programme, will be interesting to see how he performs it now... I don´t really like his short programme, have not changed my opinion from past year, LOL.

Actually I think that in this competition I don´t really care who wins and who loses, as those skaters of whose skating I may really enjoy most, are not reaching the podium. I hope than one day between short programme and freeskate will be enough for Plushy´s injury not to be too bad. My guess is that QR on Monday and short programme on Tuesday may have been a bit much.

Although this may not have been the best time (because of the flu) for Lambiel to jump a quad, I sure am glad to see that he had the courage to try it!!!

Marjaana

Last edited:

FrozenHeart

Rinkside
Jaana said:
I wondered why Tarasova was keeping such a distance from him as they waited for the scores? Of course it could be that she has a flu.

I was wondering about that too. Does anyone know what she said to him in the K&C? She seemed so cold, not only distant physically.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
JonnyCoop said:

Yes, they were there last year. As far as I remember he skated a very good short programme there, but his freeskate was not as good. Will be interesting to see how he fares this time.

Marjaana

LilyBerg

Rinkside
Re: kevin

I just need to say that I'm really proud over Kristoffer, I really didn't believe what he did. I thought that he would on 12th-13th place or something. He sure surprised us.

thisthingcalledlove said:

Here's a link to a picture with him:
http://www.efsc2004.hu/hun/swe2_f.html

¤Lily

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Marjaana,

Thank you so much for the description of Verner's skate. I thought he was underrated last year. It's great to hear he's even better this year. I remember very quiet blades.

icenut84

Final Flight
Re: Re: Re: kevin

Jaana said:
I understood from Finnish commentators that Joubert made a little careless mistake in a spin which affected his marks a little bit. It sure looked a very close competition for Plushenko, Joubert and Klimkin.

I noticed that too - Joubert only did 7 rotations on one of his spins, when the minimum is 8, and that gets a deduction. IIRC, Plushenko's footwork was more difficult too - but I've only watched the two programmes twice, so I can't remember exactly.