Where can one get tickets to the events-is Nationals sold out? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where can one get tickets to the events-is Nationals sold out?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Boston is the most expensive Nationals I've attended. They have such a huge fan base that they aren't offering weekend packages and said that right from the start.

I went to Greensboro in 2011 and really enjoyed it. The main arena and secondary arena are in the same complex and both offered food. Food wasn't cheap but it wasn't scarily expensive either. I had friends who bought the cheapest all event tickets and were able to move down until the Ladies Final. All event ticket gets you a practice pass too - so that is something you might be interested in.
A little OT, but although I can't quite bring myself to commit to the time and money for the All-Event Package, the Championship Weekend packages for Greensboro 2015 are looking very nice! They are already doing at least a fair bit of promoting with email blasts and other social media.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I had friends who bought the cheapest all event tickets and were able to move down until the Ladies Final. All event ticket gets you a practice pass too - so that is something you might be interested in.

that's how I've been "trained" to do it :laugh: only time I had issues was in 2006 for the finals of all senior events (it was an olympic year after all!) and 2005 for the ladies final (where Kwan got a lot of 6.0s for a very lackluster performance, and I got scolded by rabid Kwan fans because I didn't give her a standing O...)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I had friends who bought the cheapest all event tickets and were able to move down until the Ladies Final. All event ticket gets you a practice pass too - so that is something you might be interested in.
That is what I advise folks to do also, if they are on a budget. Get the cheapest all event package so you can hit practices and you can sit about anywhere during most of the week. If say Pairs is special to you, you can buy an extra ticket or two.
After a few events, you might even find someone you can stand to room with and that saves a bundle...I predict that at Greensboro we shall not see sellouts...it will probably be about the same as it was last time, which is a good thing....I think we shall see
lots of folk at Boston.....but hey, I though SA Ontario CA would see crowds due to all the skating clubs around LA....don't trust me!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
After a few events, you might even find someone you can stand to room with and that saves a bundle

Oh the memories I have of rooming with kwanfan1212 from 2006 and 2008... the inside jokes made... I think that's what I miss MOST about nationals... the friendships that aren't just online!

samson

Medalist
Well I just did some looking for fun (I'm in LA so I won't be going myself) but it looks like the ladies event might not get sold out but it's going to be very very close to that.

I did a best available search for single tickets. For instance, the ladies free you can only get tickets for some of the less optimal sections in the balcony. There's no more seating in the lower section and the balcony will be pretty well sold.

Lots of the other events are pretty well sold too. For Ladies and Men sp the best single tickets are in the club seating, which is still in the lower level but farther back.

Even Ice Dance and pairs don't really have any seats that close to the ice. Still plenty of seats to be had in the lower bowl but it will be sold well I think.

Oddly enough (or maybe not), the event that looks like it's easiest to get good seats too still is the skating gala. We also need to remember that there are 17,535 seats in that arena when it's set up for hockey, and tickets prices are really really high. Even when you take out the seats used for officials you're probably still looking at a good 16,500 seats per event. Spokane's capacity was 10,366. It might not fill the arena quite the same way, but I think Boston will probably still outsell most championships just by location and the way they've been advertising in Boston - and I also think that when all is said and done, it will look pretty great on tv too (filling the arena that is). The ladies free for sure will.