Where can one get tickets to the events-is Nationals sold out? | Golden Skate

Where can one get tickets to the events-is Nationals sold out?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
There are several resellers, but what is the actual primary outlet for tickets at fair prices where I could see what is available. Google throws up ads and sites in no order. Thanks.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Just go to USFSA and follow the links to Nationals. You might also try the TD Garden box office directly. I doubt very strongly that any event is sold out with the possible exception of Ladies Free and I bet there are still tickets for that event as well.

Just checked the usfsa site and there is an article about single session tickets being available with links to the pertinent sites.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I've never attended a skating event the size of Nationals, I've always had good luck at other sporting events and things like the theater by just showing up right outside the entrance and helping someone who is looking to recoup the cost of unused tickets.

I don't even make a sign or poster, although I've seen that before. I simply stand at the entrance, facing the incoming crowd, and hold up two fingers, signifying I'm looking for two tickets. I've always been successful at gaining entry to sold-out events, and the other person in the transaction recoups the face value of their otherwise unused tickets. Win-win.

That said, I probably wouldn't travel across country on the bet that I could do it again.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am a bit confused....I just went to the official website and asked for tickets for Champs short pairs and there are pleanty of tickets in the fourth row...lots of good seats available...no worries....????
There are several resellers, but what is the actual primary outlet for tickets at fair prices where I could see what is available. Google throws up ads and sites in no order. Thanks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you can purchase tickets at the arena the day of the event as well, but there's no promise the seats will be good.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Kind of sad that nothing is sold out...

I mean, bluntly, nothing is going to be sold out. Not even the ladies free. You will be able to get tickets day of to any event, I'd bet my life on it (with the possible exception of ladies free- a life is a terrible thing to lose). Skating competitions in America just don't sell out anymore, it is sad but true.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
I mean, bluntly, nothing is going to be sold out. Not even the ladies free. You will be able to get tickets day of to any event, I'd bet my life on it (with the possible exception of ladies free- a life is a terrible thing to lose). Skating competitions in America just don't sell out anymore, it is sad but true.

When I was watching the Japanese Nationals events I was envious! They have such an incredibly strong fan base.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
even when Kwan was at nationals back in 2005 the ladies free was not sold out.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
You should see how much they are pushing the event here in Boston. There are billboards, ads on the outside of busses, and a slew of commercials on TV that come on seemingly every other commercial. I know they won't sell out, but I do hope there is a good turnout seeing all the money they've spent on marketing.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My guess is that there will be a good crowd for the big events. I think most of the good seats near the ice will be gone so if that is one's cup of tea, I would call Ticketmaster and get the good seats now. A single seat person has of course a greater chance of getting good seats than those that want 4 in a row. If one is quite content with row 14, or above, you have no worries. I am glad Boston is pushing this....the following is a true story...when we went to San Jose a few years ago, the person at the front desk at the hotel next to the arena wanted to know if there was an old people's convention in town when us old folks were checking in...they didn't even know there was a figure skating event in town.
You should see how much they are pushing the event here in Boston. There are billboards, ads on the outside of busses, and a slew of commercials on TV that come on seemingly every other commercial. I know they won't sell out, but I do hope there is a good turnout seeing all the money they've spent on marketing.

Sk8goofy

Spectator
I have attended numerous nationals and even Worlds you can go to the ticket booth at the event venue and get tickets. They may not be the best seats. N ow the ladies event will be hard to get so do not expect to get one but you can try.
Good luck and enjoy.

A.H.Black

Final Flight

Boston is usually good at marketing these sorts of events as there is an established community of interest. Most of the time this marketing is done on a sponsorship or trade basis and very little actual money is spent.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I agree. I still have Spokane newspapers from 2010 when they had full page color pics of the skaters and many in depth articles....though I had little time to watch TV, they did a good job too. It floats a lot of boats when an event is successful. I think we shall see good attendance during the last 4 days.....
Boston is usually good at marketing these sorts of events as there is an established community of interest. Most of the time this marketing is done on a sponsorship or trade basis and very little actual money is spent.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree. I still have Spokane newspapers from 2010 when they had full page color pics of the skaters and many in depth articles....though I had little time to watch TV, they did a good job too. It floats a lot of boats when an event is successful. I think we shall see good attendance during the last 4 days.....

Yay to the Spokesman Review! Chances are I might know the people who shot the photos. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK! Lets give her a shot! Full page color pic of Mirai....Colin Mulvany. Full page of D/W, "Sensational Sendoff" Christopher Anderson
Yay to the Spokesman Review! Chances are I might know the people who shot the photos. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OK! Lets give her a shot! Full page color pic of Mirai....Colin Mulvany. Full page of D/W, "Sensational Sendoff" Christopher Anderson

Yes, Colin! Fantastic photographer. He is also an awesome videographer.

Speaking of which, here are his favorite photos he took in 2013: http://www.spokesman.com/picture-stories/colin-mulvanys-favorite-photos-year/

Also found this awesome photo gallery from the 2010 championships...check out photo 255---awesomeness!

http://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2010/jan/14/2010-us-figure-skating-championships/

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
A little OT, but although I can't quite bring myself to commit to the time and money for the All-Event Package, the Championship Weekend packages for Greensboro 2015 are looking very nice! They are already doing at least a fair bit of promoting with email blasts and other social media.