Olympic and ISU Championships Teams

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nobunari Oda announced his retirement.
So Mura will get the 4CC spot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I was happily going through this thread thinking "YES! Japan are sending a strong team to everything that's coming up!!!

And then I see this. :cry:

First Liza finishes only 9th in the Russian Ladies SP, and then reading this.

Talk about spoiling a guy's Christmas! :disapp:

I really like Nobu, and I was absolutely delighted with how he did in Nationals. He was just very unfortunate to get pushed off the podium in the closing stages by 2 brilliant performances by Machida and Kozuka.

I would have loved to see Oda go out on a high at an international championship. Let's face it, with the way he has been skating lately, he would probably have got on the podium at 4 Continents.

But, at least now he will get to spend more time with his family rather than training as much.

You have entertained us well over the years, and deserve a happy retirement.

Good luck for the future Nobunari-san!

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: And good luck in 4 Continents, Takahito-san! I was with everybody else and couldn't understand why you hadn't been picked for anything!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can anyone image Takahashi been left off the Olympic team? If he were in US, he will. Isn't the Japanese way of selecting team members better than the US way?

The US way isn't better but the Japanese way kinda sucks too. They should have had a skate off at 4CC. Dai being allowed to compete after such a horrible nationals is almost as bad as Plu thinking he deserves to compete in the team event with his Nationals LP. Although at least Dai has competed internationally and on the GP this year.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Dai being allowed to compete after such a horrible nationals is almost as bad as Plu thinking he deserves to compete in the team event with his Nationals LP

Well, at least Daisuke didn't get off the ice and immediately said: OK guys. Here's what I've decided will happen: :laugh: