Olympic and ISU Championships Teams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic and ISU Championships Teams

Gigi13

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Daisuke I hope he's skates beautifully and says goodbye to his fans at the Olympics, yay Kanako for going to everything you go girl, I feel bad for Oda and Kozuka but happy that they'll be at 4CCs so I'm okay. So do Mao, Daisuke, Akiko, Kanako(maybe) have to retire after worlds or...

bluelutz

On the Ice
Well, at least Taka made it to the Olympics at least once ... in 2010 ...

So did his dad in 1968, interestingly enough one of his coaches, Yuka's Mother was there too,
but he performed badly, and Sapporo in 1972 was supposed to give him a chance of the revenge/resurrection.

Sure Taka will be back, but four years later, it will not be easier for anyone either.
Dai and Oda will be gone, but Yuzuru and Machida will stay, and new ones will come up to challenge remaining top skaters .

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Sure Taka will be back, but four years later, it will not be easier for anyone either.
Dai and Oda will be gone, but Yuzuru and Machida will stay, and new ones will come up to challenge remaining top skaters .

Very, very true, but here's to hoping that he can be our new Akiko Suzuki! :cry: She's 28, and he'll be that age then ...

aftertherain

Record Breaker
But... why 4CC to Murakami? Did she ask to compete there?

It might have something to do with the way she competed on the GP circuit. They probably want to either (a) make sure she is ready, or (b) secure three spots for Japan at 4CC for next year.

I remember they sent Mao Asada to 4CC in 2010 because of the way she performed on the GP circuit that year.

bluelutz

On the Ice
But... why 4CC to Murakami? Did she ask to compete there?

The reason might be due to her current world standings position.
Since she did not do well during the past GPS, hers is right now 11th,
and depending on the result of the Euro, even it can go lower.
In the Olympic game, according to the world standings,
their SP skating order/grouping will be decided.
Therefore, in order to get in the final two groups, they have to be in the top 10/or top 12??,
as the top skaters will be distributed to the final two groups.
This is very important for Kanako, especially since her triple-triple combo is not the harder one,
it would reflect on her SP scoring if she cannot to get in the final two groups.
I guess that is probably why she is going to 4CC, to secure the good world standings.

Though still it can be very had on her,,

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It might have something to do with the way she competed on the GP circuit. They probably want to either (a) make sure she is ready, or (b) secure three spots for Japan at 4CC for next year.

I remember they sent Mao Asada to 4CC in 2010 because of the way she performed on the GP circuit that year.

Every country gets three spots for 4CC regardless of performance.

Victura

On the Ice
Heartbroken for Kozuka and Oda. :( I hoped for these two more than any of the others. Depending on how the Olympics play out, hopefully we'll see at least one of them at Worlds.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Interesting that they passed Mura for Tanaka.

I felt so too,
especially because it seemed that Mura was held up, judging with his performances.
Probably the Japanese federation wanted to secure two spots in GSP for Tanaka,
who will be aged out of the Junior ranks in the next season, by sending him to 4CC,
and to give the hosting country's spot to Mura by holding him up at the Nationals, who did not do well during the GPS.
With two top skaters retiring, they like to keep the spots for their skaters as many as possible.

JamesC518

Spectator
So happy Takahashi has qualified for the Olympics! Japan brings three strong male skaters! I will be shocked if none makes the podium

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Interesting that they passed Mura for Tanaka.

I guess Reeds refused 4CC in order to focus on preparation for the Olympics?

Tanaka will age out of juniors next season. He'll get valuable experience and world ranking points by skating at these events. With veterans retiring, they'll start focusing on young prospects.

So happy Takahashi has qualified for the Olympics! Japan brings three strong male skaters! I will be shocked if none makes the podium

I thought the same about Worlds 2013. The ice is a harsh mistress.

Kelly

On the Ice
So happy for Dai. If he's well enough he'll have the chance to really say goodbye to his fans in Sochi.

Dai will likely withdraw from Worlds...so at least Kozuka will be in a good spot to medal there.

I don't think Dai will withdraw from Worlds because the Worlds is held in Japan.

Jedi

On the Ice
Life isn't fair; I feel for Oda and Kozuka. As much as I like Dai's skating if things were just he would not podium at the Olympics. But life isn't fair and I predict he will while poor Oda and Kozuka have to watch from some Japanese made tv at home or worse a Korean made tv. Dai is so so so lucky they didn't even stop him from going to world's. Let see if the skating god's will bring justice? :)

marcolee925

Rinkside
Tanaka will age out of juniors next season. He'll get valuable experience and world ranking points by skating at these events. With veterans retiring, they'll start focusing on young prospects.

But Mura getting nothing is weird. His season practically ends.

NMURA

Medalist
I've heard Keiji Tanaka's mother is a Taiwanese.
Maybe Taiwanese federation "wanted" him for 4CC in Taipei.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Sad for Oda, but he's been around since forever and well....it has to end some day. I think the biggest nightmare of this forum would be Machida winning OGM instead of Hanyu, Chan or even Plushenko. Actually I would like to see that happen for the reactions only. ;) And the possibility is there.