2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - 08-11/01 - Toruń, Poland | Golden Skate

2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - 08-11/01 - Toruń, Poland

2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - 08-11/01 - Toruń, Poland

2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - Competition Website
2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - Entries/Results
2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - Time Schedule
2014 Mentor Nestle Nesquik Toruń Cup - YouTube Channel

Last international competition before 2014 Europeans.

19 Silver Girls (born 1.01.2003 and younger), 10 Basic Novice Ice Dance teams (both of those categories non-ISU), 31 Novice Girls, 9 Novice Boys, 27 Junior Ladies, 10 Junior Men, 1 Junior Pair, 16 Junior Ice Dance teams, 14 Senior Ladies, 3 Senior Pairs, 12 Senior Ice Dance teams.

A very big event given when it's held! :)

It will conclude with a big gala, on Saturday, which will be a part of the biggest Polish charity event, held annually (taking place the next day). There will also be a drawing/painting contest for the kids. :D

Spain's Marta Garcia and Veronika Grigorieva/ Aritz Maestu as well as Ireland's Clara Peters will be looking for the Euros minimum scores. If Agata Kryger skates like she just did at 4 Nationals (two near clean programs), she could grab another international competition gold medal and bag a fair amount of ranking points.

Based on the entries, it looks like MKS Axel Toruń club (where Siudeks and Sylwia Nowak-Trębacka coach) has two young ice dance teams now. Nice! Also, Grigorieva/Maestu have moved to Toruń to work with the Siudeks so they'll be competing on home ice.

Some changes to the entry lists.

Clara Peters has been added to Senior Ladies. This will be he last opportunity to earn the minimum SP score for this season's European Championships. She's come very close at Ukrainian Open so best of luck to her here!

Bianca Manacorda/Niccolo Macii and Elizaveta Usmantseva/Roman Talan have been added to Senior Pairs.

There is one more Senior and one more Junior Ice Dance team. It looks like Kaliszek/Kurbakov might have a skate-off here against Tomczak/Binkowski after losing Nationals.

One more Junior Lady and Man. Two more Basic Novice Ice Dance teams.

One Junior Pair out, so there's one left. 4 Novice Boys, 5 Novice Girls and 5 Silver Girls out. :(

This is a cool competition for the name alone: The Nestles Hot Chocolate Cup. :)

Nestle is one of the main sponsors. A few years back, I remember seeing Facebook pictures of skaters almost swimming in packs of Nestle cereals. :D

The other sponsor is Mentor which is an insurance company run by Marek Kaliszek who is also the president of the MKS Axel Toruń club. All three of his kids have skated at some point and his daughter Natalia came 2nd at Nationals in Junior Dance (with Yaroslav Kurbakov) after having had a very good season, winning two bronze medals at international competitions (and a 9th and 12th at JGP).

Finally, the city of Toruń is chipping in as well.

Some updates have been posted and the competition will finish on Saturday with a big gala, which will be part of the biggest charity event in Poland (happening nationwide the next day).

There also will be a drawing/painting contest for the kids. :D

Marek Kaliszek, together with all other skating parents and coaches Siudeks and Nowak-Trebacka, has managed to create a very active skating club. An example to follow! :)

Danielle Montalbano now has the Euros SP score from New Year's Cup so I wonder whether she might withdraw from MNNTC. There's still a point in doing this competition as she should be able to medal here and that would mean ranking points. On the other hand, doing two events so close before Euros might be very taxing.

Dramahkween

On the Ice
Ziggy, she is competing...I really hope she pulls off a medal here! She is ranked now after New Year's Cup, so this competition should help to up her ranking!

Robin26

Rinkside
I hope Danielle doesnt get too tired. Traveling from Israel to new years cup and now Poland. I give her a lot of credit to push so hard. Good Luck to her and if course all competitors! Brave young lady....

96skiluvr

On the Ice
I hope Danielle doesnt get too tired. Traveling from Israel to new years cup and now Poland. I give her a lot of credit to push so hard. Good Luck to her and if course all competitors! Brave young lady....

She's been in the Czech Republic with Eliska Brezinova for the last few weeks (from her Instagram), so the travel isn't too difficult

Dramahkween

On the Ice
The travel might not be too taxing but it's still a lot of competitions in a short period of time! I hope she isn't burnt out for Euros! Wishing her lots of luck and keeping my fingers crossed that she medals! She deserves it after all she's been through.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Clara Peters SP TES 19.97.:cry::cry::cry:

Oh boy. She'd have needed 0.03 more? That's like not even a hint of a sneeze... Poor girl. She did skate clean, but went back to only attempting doubles. :no:

Protocols from the first day are now up.

Casandra Johansson from Sweden who won Novice Girls SP attempted a 3loop (rotated with negative GOE) and landed a 2axel. :)

In Senior Ladies SP, Marta Garcia has made the Euros TES. :)

Clara PETERS IRL 19.97 ouchhhh

What is the benefit of denying a skater from a country which has just begun developing its skating programme an opportunity to compete at the European Championships? Because of 0.03 points... Honestly. :mad: