Ice Dance SD - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2014 Russian Championships

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Really?? :eek: That would be great! And it makes sense, since after V/M and D/W retiring, she surely wants to have some new high-level couples 8she akready has the Shibs)
Only 5th place for M/K :eek:hwell:

you expected a higher placement for M/K :scowl:

all their elements should be marked with 0 or - GOE
based on her height alone

sisinka

Final Flight
I really don't know what audience saw, but I think that judges very still very generous.
Both Riazanova and Sinitsina skated clean programs and finished behind Ilinykh. More couple skated clean programs (Stepanova for example also).
Nikita made a mistake at the end of step sequence and he again was in trouble in twizzles (when Bobrova lost balance in one series of twizzle, Nikita lost balance in two series from three). Also when you compare all talked speed - today Ilinykh and Katsalapov were slower then at TEB, while Bobrova was faster. Overall Bobrova had 35 points in elements, Ilinykh 31 points, looking at mistakes, what is so surprising?
Bobrova and Soloviev were more expressive today, they had more energy, they danced greatly, I agree with higher components as well.
I take second place like very nice present from judges to number 2 dance team.
(Remeber last year when Riazanova skated not very good short dance, she was fifth after the short, Nikita with two abvious mistakes is on second).

Of course long program is another story, Nikita will have enough space to show that he can skate greatly and if he will I am sure he will get a lot of points and they will go to Euros / Olympics / Worlds.

hanca

Record Breaker
Sy_fly20 are you obsessed with height differences?

My guess would be that sky_fly20 has his/her own unresolved issues about his/her own height and that's why he/she tries to fit everyone into his/her own skewed view of the world! :p

cassiem

On the Ice
But why keep posting the same thing hundreds of times, like a broken record? This happens in every thread where there's a mention of M/K. And I'm not even a fan of M/K (prefer S/Z to get the third spot) but it gets a bit tiring.

emdee

Final Flight
My guess would be that sky_fly20 has his/her own unresolved issues about his/her own height and that's why he/she tries to fit everyone into his/her own skewed view of the world! :p

The posters skewed vision is not limited to height....weight and nationality continuously play into the commentary.
I think sky fly is the same as let's talk.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No one can deny no height difference is a terrible thing now with lifts!

agreed, I dont get how some will get mad when height similarity is brought up
lifts is a required element in ice dance right ? how can a couple perform difficult and extended lifts when they have almost the same height

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Monko is 5'7" and Khavialin is 5'10". That's 3 inches height difference.

Denkova is 5'5" and Staviski is 5'8", also 3 inches difference, and they were one of the best dance teams ever.

So, I fail to see why M/K "shouldn't be allowed to compete". :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Monko is 5'7" and Khavialin is 5'10". That's 3 inches height difference.

Denkova is 5'5" and Staviski is 5'8", also 3 inches difference, and they were one of the best dance teams ever.

So, I fail to see why M/K "shouldn't be allowed to compete". :rolleye:

lifts before were not that demanding
look at the top teams now, they have the most difficult lifts and will get good levels and huge GOEs

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
The music echoing in this arena sounds awful.. hope its not like this at the Olympics.. Noticed the same at a Grand Prix event last year.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's not very comlicated. Both m and k are on skates and k has deeper knee bend and frequently m will appear taller and m is kind of stiff so all of this is a negative and why the most sucessful teams have men who are taller than the women by more than 3 inches.