Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there any reason behind this? They looked great in 2011-2012 and now they've all gone downhill big time!

Biryukova just won Universiade a week ago over Marchei, she probably was nervous since she been doing fairly well this season on the russian grand prix.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Biryukova just won Universiade a week ago over Marchei, she probably was nervous since she been doing fairly well this season on the russian grand prix.

Yes but look at Shershak and Korobeynikova, Shershak hasn't progressed beyond 3T and 3S. Korobeynikova could have been a serious medal contender in the past and she barely made alternate for Nationals. As for Biryukova she won the SP at Nationals 2009-2010 and she hasn't improved much either. They're all stagnating.

they look unhappy always in Kiss n Cry with Volchkova
dont know

They always looked uncomfortable with her even when they were doing well (especially the awkward hug between her and Korobeynikova following her Euros FS), I'm not sure what it might be because she does teach good jumping technique and presentation.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist

She did, but to be honest, the performances at the Universiade were pretty weak by all ladies. She had several mistakes there as well.

Pogorilaya was very tense.

3lutz(weak landing)/3toe(cheated, foot down), 3loop (landing a little awkward but ok), 2axel (solid)
flying camel a little weak, other elements ok, fast layback but it travelled a tiny bit
presentation quite muted, she seemed nervous

:(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes but look at Shershak and Korobeynikova, Shershak hasn't progressed beyond 3T and 3S. Korobeynikova could have been a serious medal contender in the past and she barely made alternate for Nationals. As for Biryukova she won the SP at Nationals 2009-2010 and she hasn't improved much either. They're all stagnating.

Those two are probably too tall to properly execute all that difficult content and Shershak is coming off an injury, she hasn't competed in a while.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Results

1. Sotnikova 72.53
2. Lipnitskaia 70.32
3. Radionova 67.76
4. Leonova 67.03
5. Proklova 64.07
6. Gosviani 63.20
7. Sakhanovich 62.36
8. Medeveda 62.19
9. Tuktamysheva 59.91
10. Pogorilaya 59.35
11. Artiemeva 57.07
12. Agafonova 53.13
13. Maximova 50.47
14. Shamsutdinova 50.01
15. Biryukova 49.89
16. Pervushkina 49.16
17. Kaiumova - 43.40
18. Shershak 42.52

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Pogorilaya in 10th! Wow, what 1 bad (weirdly bad) performance can do for a russian skater... She won a GP and looked like a favorite to me to make the team, and then that weird LP in the GPF, where she seemed sick/injured/something for the last minute, and boom! Lost all the favors from the russian federation.
Wow, Leonova is back in business... Still, let's wait how many jumps she lands in her free. Might be a chance for Gosviani.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Those two are probably too tall to properly execute all that difficult content and Shershak is coming off an injury, she hasn't competed in a while.

Actually that's really strange, all of Volchkova's students are really tall. I wonder if she does that intentionally or what.

......Liza could definitely make Euros at this point! If Pogorilaya fails on one or both of her axels and Liza skates like Skate America that European spot is hers if Leonova makes her usual mistakes. If she skates like 2013 Euros (very unlikely) she could beat a disastrous Sotnikova, though she still wouldn't beat Sotnikova at Euros and then she wouldn't make the Olympic team. Still 4th place behind Radionova is a possibility, being the 3rd highest placing eligible is almost probable.

So barring total meltdowns, the two Olympic spots are decided now. Boooooooring!

And based on current standings, Leonova is the third lady to go to Euros. Who would have guessed? (Nobody) Tuk and Pogo are so far behind, I don't think they have a realistic chance of climbing up the ranks that far.

Just a question: IF Lipnitskaia DID get an e call on her Lutz AND on her Flip, could she just say "what are you talking about? It was a 3F3T and then a 3Lz"?

A flutz is not the same as a flip and a lip is not the same as a lutz. It's a 'last minute' change of edge. The edge and therefore the direction the skater is skating is different before that. A jump doesn't start on lift off.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Hopefully, Adelina goes to the Olympics then...

I can't see anyone else going if not her and Julia :scowl: (more like they're the only deserving two based on everything ) :p