Pairs FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2014 Russian Championships

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Jeez what an unfortunate freak fall for Julia Antipova / Nodari Maisuradze. Their throw twist is incredible though! :clap:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I like this pair, too bad they had a bad day. But Julia is good, and for me better than Liubov. She was single skater before, wasn"t she?
Anyway, good luck next season!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gerboldt / Enbert two single skaters together can now be pairs, anyone can

will get overscored for sure even with two footed throws

Juliata

Spectator
Mirunna, I miss her too. They both looked fabulous on and off the ice. I am truly sorry that Liubov was unable to continue her career w/ Kocon. If Russians were reluctant to let her go, the least they could do is find her a really good partner, otherwise it seems awfully unfair towards her. She is still very young, she can pursue her career for as long as she wants.

I can't say that I enjoy this year's Russian Nationals w/o Kavaguti/Smirnov, I do hope Alex gets better, and we shall see him in the Olympics.

Right now the Nationals seem to me a bit below the usual standard.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Mirunna, I miss her too. They both looked fabulous on and off the ice. I am truly sorry that Liubov was unable to continue her career w/ Kocon. If Russians were reluctant to let her go, the least they could do is find her a really good partner, otherwise it seems awfully unfair towards her. She is still very young, she can pursue her career for as long as she wants.

I can't say that I enjoy this year's Russian Nationals w/o Kavaguti/Smirnov, I do hope Alex gets better, and we shall see him in the Olympics.

Right now the Nationals seem to me a bit below the usual standard.

Any news on her? Is she still in Russia searching for a partner or did she gave up? Nationals are a bit underwhelming so far, but I look forward to S/K and B/L fight

Juliata

Spectator
Any news on her? Is she still in Russia searching for a partner or did she gave up? Nationals are a bit underwhelming so far, but I look forward to S/K and B/L fight

I have no idea! In her blog http://vk.com/ilyushechkinalubov she is seen w/ junior skaters... The latest post dates back to December 19, it is safe to assume she is in Russia. Judging by her profile http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4426 , she is still looking for a new partner. She writes that "I didn’t say everything in figure skating. I want to compete on the highest level. I want to skate, to prove, to win." Well said!

I am looking to see B/L too, they are still good this season in spite of circumstances.

hanca

Record Breaker
Honestly, they had so much time now to learn to skate like a pair but they still look like two single skaters.

Don't worry, Vasiliev will fix that. Next season it will be lyrical snot with clean lines... :laugh: I think they kept their old programs from the time 'before' Vasiliev, but the next season he will probably give them his usual style.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov

Music: The Addams Family

3Tw - bit low
3LzTh
3T+2T+2T
RLi
BoDs
FCCoSp - unison good
ChSq
2A - he fell
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh - nice

Solid skate, they seem pleased enough. Shame about tge fall

Score: 68.43+71.49-1.00 = 138.92, total 214.47, 1st for now

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Fedor fell on the 2A. They don't look pleased :disapp:
Now B/L can easily afford mistakes. S/K had to be pristine clean to stand a chance.

marcolee925

Rinkside
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov

Music: The Addams Family

3Tw - bit low
3LzTh
3T+2T+2T
RLi
BoDs
FCCoSp - unison good
ChSq
2A - didn't see
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh - nice

Strong skate, maybe?, they seem pleased enough. Did they land the 2A?

He fell on the 2axel. Shame because it was otherwise beautiful.

Gosh will the commentators ever shut up?