Who Will Be The Ladies " Underdog" at the Olympics? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who Will Be The Ladies " Underdog" at the Olympics?

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Underdog definition:a participant in a fight, conflict, or game who is not expected to win - Thanks Icey

No one expects Carolina to win...so she obviously fits the definition of an underdog...as do Ashley, Akiko, Gold, Adelina etc...

Seems like the ladies are really gearing up now....could be as much fun as the pairs...really looking forward to everyone skating all out and may this be their best performances ever!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for all your input. In skating terms "underdog" is not a bad term. It simply can be applied to a skater who is quietly training, not at the moment in the spotlight and just might have that unexpected skate of a lifetime. It's always a thrill when it happens, like Elizabeth Manley's skate at the Calgary Olympics. We all knew Liz could do it, but she had a tough road to get to the Olympics. She sure shone at the right moment. The competition for the ladies is really fierce, just like the men's. It will be exciting to see who steps-up-to-the plate.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
There have been a lot of good points made on this thread and there seems to be quite a few underdogs/dark horses. I'm really hoping, for the sake of suspense, that all of these ladies (i.e. Sotnikova, Lipnitskaia, Wagner, Suzuki, Gold, Murakami) skate lights-out and make it a truly exciting competition!

miki88

Medalist
I think that theory is only possible if all of these aforementioned skaters perform better than they ever had before. I think Mao's place on the podium is relatively safe as long as she doesn't repeat her Nationals performances. Wagner and Julia L have had solid performances during GP yet still fell behind Mao who wasn't perfect. Kostner is the only other one besides Kim and Mao who can still potentially medal with a few mistakes. All of the others would need a skate like Suzuki's nationals LP to be on the podium if the top three skate well.