Midori Ito | Golden Skate

Midori Ito

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
Does anyone know what Midori Ito is up to these days???? Will she ever tour again on the pro circuit??

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
No, I hear her name mentioned every now and then, but that is it. Midori is a living legend as far as women's skating goes. Probably, the best female jumper I have ever had the opportunity to see. Kurt Browning used to kid "Midori could compete with the men."

Sure would be great to know what Midori is doing these days. Who knows, maybe she is teaching!

heyang

Record Breaker
I somehow doubt we'll see Midori touring in the US. Other than the initial post-Oly years and an attempted comeback, we really haven't seen much of Midori.

I remember that she did perform for quite some time in Japan and does commentary for Japanese television.

Nadine

Record Breaker
SkaterBrett said:
Does anyone know what Midori Ito is up to these days???? Will she ever tour again on the pro circuit??

Hi SkaterBrett, :)

Good question........not really much is known (she's such an enigma, no lie)........however the last I heard was that she had an exclusive contract with Prince Ice World and tours professionally with them throughout the year in Japan. Also, as was previously mentioned, she does Japanese commentary for skating competitions. Furthermore, heard that she coaches, does t.v. commercials, and has started a women's labor union. Quite the busy lady. :)

***Note: IMHO Midori Ito really is Japan's National Treasure (no lie). She does so much for her country ~ very admirable & role model worthy.***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. I've been trying for the last 4 yrs. now to acquire the biography that was done on Midori. I do know that it was done in Japanese, but I heard rumours that it's in English as well. If anybody knows, please please please post it. Thanks in advance.

miki_tan

Rinkside
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/message/121800
Her last apperance was august 2002 at Prince Ice World show in Tokyo.
Reportedly she crashed into the wall and cancelled rest of her
schedule.

After that, she haven't appeared any official place including
commentator of skating events.

--------------
Still no skating, no commentary, no tv appearence, no article from her as far as I know.