Warm-Up Group 3
13 Alena Leonova
14 Adelina Sotnikova
15 Elena Radionova
16 Nikol Gosviani
17 Alexandra Proklova
18 Julia Lipnitskaya

------
Julia got her least favourite number. But, well, maybe it is good for her to get used to skating last, because she said it is quite hard for her.
Good luck all the ladies!

I hope Pogo can skate clean and pull up to third. Very unlikely, I know but crazier things have happened. Sadly, even if she did that, she might not be able to go to Euros given the third spot will be decided by the coaches' council. :/

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Julia got her least favourite number. But, well, maybe it is good for her to get used to skating last, because she said it is quite hard for her.
Good luck all the ladies!

I agree. What if she skates last in Sochi? Skaters must be flexible. I'm sure she will get more used to it as she grows older, seeing as she will probably be skating last often, where the SP winner skates last in the Grand Prix Circuit and other events?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I hope Pogo can skate clean and pull up to third. Very unlikely, I know but crazier things have happened. Sadly, even if she did that, she might not be able to go to Euros given the third spot will be decided by the coaches' council. :/

How is the team chosen? Top 2 go automatically to Euros and third is up to the council, but what about the Olympic team? I remember last time, Ksenia Makarova was named on the team immediately after nationals because she was the champion. Maybe the winner goes and the second spot is open for fight at Euros? Or all 3 ladies that will go to Euros will fight for the 2 spots?

Icey

Record Breaker
Why has the attendance at these events been so sparse? Even when Plush was scheduled, the audience was quite small.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Why has the attendance at these events been so sparse? Even when Plush was scheduled, the audience was quite small.

I noted that as well. I imagine the ticket prices for the Olympics are high and people are looking forward to the the main event. I wonder what the TV ratings are like in Russia.

Icey

Record Breaker
they are reshowing the men's. Why did no official check the boot problem that skater said he had? Strange.

Juliata

Spectator
they are reshowing the men's. Why did no official check the boot problem that skater said he had? Strange.

What boot problem? I haven't seen men's FS yet... The skates falling apart... That must be dangerous...

Robeye

Final Flight
I noted that as well. I imagine the ticket prices for the Olympics are high and people are looking forward to the the main event. I wonder what the TV ratings are like in Russia.
As I think someone mentioned, this is being held in Sochi, far away from the major metropolitan centers. I imagine far fewer people are able or willing to make the time commitment involved, compared to the Olympics.

avantgardener

Rinkside
Even if the results at this point seem a foregone conclusion, I still can't wait for this free skate! While I *adored* the final group of ladies at Korean nationals, I'm pretty sure there's no ladies event more *consistently entertaining* than the Russian national championships: The garish costumes! The impossible tricks! The eerie flexibility suggestive of already crushed childhood rhythmic gymnastics dreams! The biased judging that would make even Marie-Reine Le Gougne uneasy! And the tortured, melodramatic music selections that assure us these girls are serving us profound *EMOTION* with a capital, neon-pink 'E.'

There are few things better in life. Let the finale begin! :)

--Michael

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Anna Maksimova has an awful bad habit of putting her head down when she lands every jump. It's very distracting.